The ringer on my phone won't work. I've called my cell phone and played with the volume key, but nothing happens. When I go into Sounds, I have the phone set on a ring tone and vibrate, but the ring tone won't play. I've also gone into media-ring tones-my ring tones and can't get any of my ring tones to play (I got them off this website). My preloaded ring tones will play in the media file, but when I set one of them as my ring tone, it won't play. Any ideas? Thanks!
    04-24-09 08:51 PM
    Are you opening profiles, selecting advanced, highlighting normal, pressing the menu key, and selecting edit? Once there, you should have a whole list of different things you can click and assign ringtones to as well as set volumes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 09:05 PM
    Tried your idea and had no luck. I couldn't get anything to play.
    04-24-09 09:14 PM
    i had a similiar problem i got so frustrated and just took it straight to a verizon store the guy there fixed it in like 5 minutes. i kind of felt like an ***** that i couldnt fix it, but didnt care cause my phone was working again
    04-24-09 09:37 PM
    I think I'm going to take your advice and go to the store. Plus, I need to get some of those screen protector sheets. I can't say I'm a big fan of the BB. I'm ready for a Jitterbug.
    04-24-09 09:43 PM
    Does the phone vibrate when you have a call, and just doesn't ring audibly?
    04-24-09 09:44 PM
    Yes. The vibrate comes on but no sound.
    04-24-09 09:55 PM
    If you have all of the settings turned on so it should ring, it's probably a good idea for you to take that trip to the store :-/
    04-24-09 10:17 PM
    Thanks for trying. At least I can use the no ring tone excuse to avoid people I don't feel like talking to! jk
    04-24-09 10:19 PM
    That is a really convenient excuse

Oh wow, going from a Storm to a Jitterbug would be a HUGE change of pace!
    04-24-09 11:05 PM
    Battery removal for 30 seconds worked for me. Thanks!
    08-16-10 10:08 PM
    Lol @ the obvious~

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-10 12:15 AM
    I had a similar issue. No ringing, but vibrate and LED worked as expected. I COULD play ring tones in the media app, speaker worked, profiles were set properly. Further, if set the Vibe with Ring to "on," the vibration stopped. Weird.
    So I did the battery-removal-for-30-seconds trick, and hallelujah! Thanks!
    09-12-10 02:11 PM
    Updated my phone to 5.0.0 and my ringer wouldn't work UGHhh

YEEEEY....30 second rule baby...(battery out for 30 seconds ..bataboom)
    it worked for me too

Crackberry's the shizel
    09-23-10 10:17 PM