I know that some phones have the ability to have ringback tones, but can a blackberry? Also, would it be possible for a program to be developed that would allow you to make one from a song you have?, like you can with a normal ringtone?

I just thought that would be a very useful app or something :P

EDIT: I guess what Im asking is, would it be at all possible for me to pick a song I like, edit it, and make it my Ring-Back-Tone?
    Last edited by cheech92007; 02-20-10 at 01:02 PM.
    02-20-10 12:58 PM
    Ringback tones are set by the service provider to replace the standard ring tone heard by the caller. If the provider offers the service it doesn't matter what phone you use.
    02-20-10 01:04 PM
    Rogers in Canada has it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-10 01:52 PM
    Verizon does offer ringback tones. Just log in to your account on verizonwireless.com and set it up. I do not think you can create your own custom ringback tones though. I don't remember seeing that option when I was browsing around a few weeks ago.
    02-20-10 02:03 PM
    You have to pay for ring back tunes.

02-20-10 02:19 PM
    OMG "Ring Back Tones" is the most annoying and most unprofessional phone feature ever invented... I make it a point to never call anyone who has one... Company had people calling about job interviews once and they simply deleted ones that had Ring Back Tones... Just keep in mind that just because you like a song does not mean that everyone who calls you wants to hear it and in professional settings like job inerviews it can greatly effect you....
    Last edited by mike340t; 02-20-10 at 03:04 PM.
    02-20-10 03:02 PM
    Idk about verizon, but with at&t you can set up separate lists of who hears what answer tone. So for me personally, only a select list of my friends hear them, for everyone else just the standard ring.
    02-20-10 03:22 PM
    OMG "Ring Back Tones" is the most annoying and most unprofessional phone feature ever invented... I make it a point to never call anyone who has one... Company had people calling about job interviews once and they simply deleted ones that had Ring Back Tones... Just keep in mind that just because you like a song does not mean that everyone who calls you wants to hear it and in professional settings like job inerviews it can greatly effect you....
    That's a pretty myopic view point, don't you think?

What percentage of users with ringback tones setup for all callers to their phones do you figure are in the process of getting interview calls on their cell phones?

One tenth of one percent? One one hundredth of of one percent?

Plus the ringback tones are completely customizable so that the user can have them NOT play for callers of their choosing.

And not everyone uses their phone for business purposes.

Step outside your own little universe and you might find that it's a big, diverse world out there.
    02-20-10 04:04 PM
    That's a pretty myopic view point, don't you think?

What percentage of users with ringback tones setup for all callers to their phones do you figure are in the process of getting interview calls on their cell phones?

One tenth of one percent? One one hundredth of of one percent?

Plus the ringback tones are completely customizable so that the user can have them NOT play for callers of their choosing.

And not everyone uses their phone for business purposes.

Step outside your own little universe and you might find that it's a big, diverse world out there.
    I don't think its myopic. It is called making an impression... so if either my
    husband or myself call a prospective hire and hear a ringback tone, we would
    hang up.

We don't worry about being diverse AT ALL.
    02-20-10 04:21 PM
    Wow, the nerve of some people.

I didn't point at any one person, so whoever barks first is guilty.
    02-20-10 04:36 PM
    I rejected one applicant really quick because she said she could do my job. Bad impression! LOL
    02-20-10 04:39 PM
    I can't stand ringbacks. All of my friends who have them I don't call (unless I like the song ). I will just text/IM them. An yes I can see that being really bad for people who are expecting a call from a job offering. Only if they forget to take the ringback off.
    02-20-10 04:47 PM
    NOTICE: Breaking News!!!

The turn that this thread has took is very ignorant, the OP said nothing about employment and the high and mighty came running. The thing that you folks are forgetting is that you can also manage ringback tones so that only a select few will hear them...but that's not where this thread went.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
    02-20-10 04:54 PM
    exactly. they are for kids and sound so annoying while trying to call someone. i cant stand them.
    02-21-10 03:01 AM
    My girlfriend has them on her Curve. When I set her new phone up I "conveniently forgot" to include the ringback option. A day later she made me add them. My only complaint is they offer zero value and are a waste of money.

02-21-10 07:35 AM
    NOTICE: Breaking News!!!

The turn that this thread has took is very ignorant, the OP said nothing about employment and the high and mighty came running. The thing that you folks are forgetting is that you can also manage ringback tones so that only a select few will hear them...but that's not where this thread went.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
    There is nothing ignorant about this thread. It's called life advice.
    02-21-10 08:56 AM
    There is nothing ignorant about this thread. It's called life advice.
    There's also something ignorant about not paying attention to one's words and/or statement.
    The OP didn't ask if ringback tones were cool, they asked if they were possible. Like I said, you can set them only for specific people which is true. Anything else?
    02-21-10 12:20 PM
    Yes, ring back tones are possible with VZW. You cannot create your own, but you can purchase them here.

It is also possible to manage which callers hear which ring back tones. There will not be issues with business callers hearing ring back tones as long as the options are managed so that only select family members and friends hear them.
    02-21-10 12:37 PM
    ^
    Thank you.
    02-21-10 01:22 PM
    ok I've been following this and was waiting to hear how to go about getting ringbacks for a at&t bb and never did soooo how do we get them? I have a bold 9700 if it makes a difference. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
    05-01-10 08:40 PM
    ok I've been following this and was waiting to hear how to go about getting ringbacks for a at&t bb and never did soooo how do we get them? I have a bold 9700 if it makes a difference. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
    For AT&T, you can get them here
    05-01-10 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD