Hello,
    I'm involved in a research project on RIM, and need to find out RIM's corporate mission statement, value statement, and vision statement. Does anyone know any of them or where I could find them? I've searched high and low on rim.com with no success, and Google isn't helping me out on this one either... at this point I'm rather stuck.

Thanks!
    10-01-10 08:49 AM
    Email them.
    if they don't give you the information, than U already know why u couldnt find it.
    10-01-10 03:20 PM
    Hi Jonmhall. I'm in the same boat, I just begain my research on RIM and can't find the mission statement anywhere.

As for emailing them, it's worth a shot but may be useless; they have a section on the website for industry analysts (I can't post URLs, so it's at rim's website: /company/industry_analysts/) but specifically state they won't respond to academic requests due to the volume of requests they receive.

"The Research In Motion (RIM) Analyst Insights team provides a variety of resources and services for industry analysts. Were here to help you with your research and ensure you have the information you need on:

BlackBerry solutions
    Customer insights
    BlackBerry partners
    Using your BlackBerry smartphone
    Carrier and channel strategies
    RIM facts and figures
    And more
    If you are an Industry Analyst and wish to introduce yourself to our team and gain access to our industry analyst resources, please fill out the Analyst Insights Program form. Please note: due to the volume of analyst inquiries that we receive through the Analyst Insights Program form, we are unable to reply to requests for information from academic institutions or individuals that are not part of an accredited analyst firm."

I shot them an email from my work email account. I work for a large communications company, so hopefully seeing that email address come in might get more attention than my yahoo address
    10-22-10 06:39 PM
    Have you looked at a year end report?
    10-22-10 08:04 PM
    I'm wondering if they even have a public mission statement. It's usually found on the investor section of a company's website but they have nothing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-10 09:32 PM
    So when in doubt, google it out did not work. Did you try Wikipedia ? Might be worth it to go and look at some of the books out on the evolution of blackberry. I forget their names but I seen two a few months ago when I was in Chapters. Which reminds me, I may have to purchase them next week.

As well, email or try some of the forum boards on blackberry's website itself
    10-22-10 10:39 PM
    I would email their IR department.
    10-22-10 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD