I was watching TV last night and this commercial came on where they were getting all excited about glow-in-the-dark bicycles that were all colors of the rainbow. I started to be amused thinking it was something like those Snickers commercials making fun of speedwalkers or soccer players. Then I saw the new BlackBerry Bold and realized that this was actually meant to impress prospective buyers. I was stunned.

Seriously, are they trying to sell phones or are they trying to embarrass the average joe like me for having a BB?

They could have sold a of a lot more of the 9670 by marketing it as a compact and tough device for working guys like me to pull out of their pockets between truckloads of concrete. Instead they called it the Style, made a purple version, and marketed it to soccer moms. Way to go RIM.

Normal people (who aren't already blind fanboys) are never going to buy BlackBerry devices in earnest until there is a serious cultural change at RIM away from trying to sell to .....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by branta; 01-02-12 at 11:16 AM. Reason: language edit - missed one!
    01-02-12 10:23 AM
    Shhhhh! we want him to sleep....
    01-02-12 10:29 AM
    They have to be fruity to get the attention of the apple fans 18-25 yo girls. I was with a few when the commercial aired and they were loving it.

I personally have the best phone in the world(9900) and i didnt take any offense.
    01-02-12 10:41 AM
    there not appealing to there devices strengths, almost like they have no clue what they do.
    01-02-12 10:44 AM
    The new bb ads are terrible. I agree. The ads do not show any unique use of the the 9900or any bb for that matter. When you watch an iphone or ipad commerical they make you feel like you need it and they show you some of the cool things the phone can do. That is good advertising. A DJ spinning some tunes and a bike rider don't make me think of running out to buy the bb. Even though I do have the 9900 and it is my 3rd bb.

RIM you need to make the phone look cool as well as productive.
    01-02-12 10:59 AM
    Well we know you're a big tough guy then that doesn't like anything unless it shows a man drinking a beer surrounded by women or else it is gay. While they really need to get better I doubt they are targeting the gay group as you say. I bet you really loved those dr. pepper commercials also, I know I didn't but not because they were gay, they were just stupid.
    01-02-12 11:02 AM
    2 infractions handed out for language. This type of behavior is NOT acceptable and you will be giving no tolerance for it in the future.
    01-02-12 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD