BlackBerry 10 is probably over 85 percent complete, and that 85 percent was completed before they made the decision to focus on the business market. So does that mean they're going to change what they have completed so that it appeals to the business market more than consumer market? I don't get how they can completely change their audience when BB10 is so close to release.
    04-01-12 06:51 PM
    BlackBerry 10 is probably over 85 percent complete, and that 85 percent was completed before they made the decision to focus on the business market. So does that mean they're going to change what they have completed so that it appeals to the business market more than consumer market? I don't get how they can completely change their audience when BB10 is so close to release.
    Wow, I thought this rumor was already dead. v.v

Enjoy: RIM IS NOT GIVING AWAY CONSUMER MARKET
    04-01-12 06:56 PM
    Please read before jumping to conclusions.

RIM is not walking away from the consumer market. They can't afford to. They need the economy of scale the consumer market provides.

There is no massive strategic shift that will be visible to the consumer. What MIGHT happen is we'll see strategic alliances with larger partners on stuff like the music/video sales.
    Yoox_II likes this.
    04-01-12 06:59 PM
    Sorry about that. I saw it on the news so I just assumed it was true...exactly what the media wants me to do. I'll research more next time
    Thanks
    04-01-12 07:28 PM
    Man, the media really got their way this time. The effects will last a while, I'm sure.
    04-01-12 07:44 PM
    CTV does a good job of wishing RIM good luck when they report about it. And any information they give, they state that it is just a rumor, that it hasn't been confirmed by RIM yet. Most other news channels and online pages have the story all wrong...the ones I've read anyway.
    04-01-12 07:52 PM
    CTV does a good job of wishing RIM good luck when they report about it. And any information they give, they state that it is just a rumor, that it hasn't been confirmed by RIM yet. Most other news channels and online pages have the story all wrong...the ones I've read anyway.
    I didn't read the CTV article, but i have read the one by CBC and by the Montreal Gazette and I agree, and had even posted earlier, how they had a completely different approach than did every other mainstream news outlet. They were just plain realistic and stated the facts about the earnings report, no bs.
    04-01-12 08:00 PM
    I didn't read the CTV article, but i have read the one by CBC and by the Montreal Gazette and I agree, and had even posted earlier, how they had a completely different approach than did every other mainstream news outlet. They were just plain realistic and stated the facts about the earnings report, no bs.
    Maybe it comes back to Canadians sticking together. They don't want to see Canada's greatest tech company be put down by fake information.
    04-01-12 08:04 PM
    Contrary to popular belief, the press really doesn't care what happens as long as it's something newsworthy. CTV does a fair job in its reporting, and they tend to look into things a little deeper than most, probably because there's a CTV affiliate located right here in Waterloo.
    Over all, as soon as RIM said they were shifting strategies and focusing back on the Enterprise, the press stopped listening and jumped on the bandwagon that RIM was giving up the consumer market. Of course this is a falsehood, and RIM never actually said they were giving up on the consumer market, they'll just focus more on what matters to Enterprise.
    04-01-12 09:13 PM
    Sorry about that. I saw it on the news so I just assumed it was true...exactly what the media wants me to do. I'll research more next time
    Thanks
    Not everything you see on the news is true...
    04-02-12 01:11 AM
    Not everything you see on the news is true...
    How about you pay attention to what I posted? I just said, "that's exactly what the media wants me to do". So don't think you're sounding smart by telling me
    04-02-12 05:01 PM
    04-04-12 04:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD