Seems like they're coming strong in their debut DevCon Europe appearance...

Just to give you an idea of some of the awesome speakers (I just picked some that stood out so this is in no way definitive)

Eduardo Pelegri-Llopart is the Senior Director for Open Source at RIM. (How cool is that!)
    Gary Klassen is an 11 year veteran of BlackBerry software development and was the key developer behind projects such as BlackBerry Messenger, the BlackBerry 950 browser, Themes, Instant Messaging, Maps, HTML Email, Clock and the now iconic BlackBerry splat ( new indicator ). His recent work has focused on device responsiveness and Liquid Graphics.
    Anders Jeppsson, Head of Gaming (Hes the man behind all the awesome games we are seeing on the PlayBook)
    Elena Laskavaia currently works as project team lead for development tools at QNX Software Systems
    Jonathan Feldstein is the lead developer of the BlackBerry implementation of WebGL that is currently available on the PlayBook platform via WebWorks

Magnus Johansson Software developer at RIM TAT Sweden. Have been working in several parts of developing the Cascades UI Framework.

Julian Dolce is a Platform Lead for AIR at QNX Software Systems and the lead developer on the BlackBerry PlayBook AIR SDK.

Nick Landry is a Software Developer on the Native Application Services team at Research In Motion. He has been spending his time creating the APIs that C/C++ developers will be using to write native PlayBook apps.

Matthew Staikos Manager, Browser & Web Platform formerly Vice President of Torch Mobile

Johan Larsby came over to RIM with the acquisition of The Astonishing Tribe. At RIM he works in a team focused on Developer Experience, bringing the code to the coders, creating a fun place amongst the bits and bytes and making sure the developers can fulfill their dreams.
    RIM Bringing Some Solid Speakers to DevCon Europe with BlackBerry 10 Focus - BerryReview

the future is indeed friendly
    02-02-12 09:58 PM
    This is shaping up to be a great show. I sure hope CB has a strong presence at DevCon Europe.
    02-02-12 11:43 PM
    Awesome. Looking even more forward to this. I thought they were gonna pull out the big guns at MWC. But they're probably going to show more consumer related things there. And dev related here.
    02-02-12 11:59 PM
    Rimpire strikes back

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    02-03-12 12:00 AM
    Rimpire strikes back

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    Who or what are they striking?
    02-03-12 12:19 AM
    Who or what are they striking?

Lol its comeback time...hopefully
    02-03-12 12:24 AM
    Wow, wish I could be there. So do they generally make the sessions available on video afterwards?
    02-03-12 12:28 AM
  8. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    This is going to be a BIG year for RIM!! ... all signs point in that direction ... starting with Playbook 2.0! .. which by all accounts is going to be amazing!
    02-03-12 02:28 AM
    ... bad boys ... they forget to mention the CBFamous Kevin Michaluk !
    Once the world knew it ... DevCon went SOLD OUT !!!
    02-03-12 03:49 AM
    Wow, wish I could be there. So do they generally make the sessions available on video afterwards?
    I think there will be, yes.
    I am luckier than you are ... ;-)
    02-03-12 03:50 AM
  11. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    riding the wave of a fantastic Playbook 2.0 release Feb 17th, .. DEVCON should be interesting! .....
    02-03-12 07:06 AM
    I am indebeted to Matthew Staikos... He is the reason I have submitted this post.
    02-03-12 12:10 PM
    ... bad boys ... they forget to mention the CBFamous Kevin Michaluk !
    Once the world knew it ... DevCon went SOLD OUT !!!
    haha. The article omitted Kevin, but on the BBDev Con website, they had this to say about our fearless leader ;

Kevin Michaluk is the Founder of CrackBerry.com and Fearless Leader of Mobile Nations, which operates other leading mobile platform dedicated sites including Android Central (Andriod), TiPb (iOS), PreCentral (webOS) and WPCentral (Windows Phone). Since launching CrackBerry.com in 2007, it has grown to become the largest independent BlackBerry-dedicated website. In addition to passionate editorial content, CrackBerry is known for its huge community of members, its popular CrackBerry App and Accessory stores and passionate podcast. It's all lead by CrackBerry Kevin, who is without a doubt BlackBerry Fanboy #1.
    Represent the CB nation oh fearless leader. haha.

guess who else is also rumoured to present at DevCon Europe...

Will RIM’s New CEO, Thorsten Heins, Headline DevCon Europe Next Week? - BerryReview
    02-03-12 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD