According to FORBES RIMMS Collapse was predicted over a decade ago.

RIMM's Collapse Was Predicted in 1993 - Forbes
    12-19-11 09:33 PM
    Very telling quotes from Diamond Jim himself.
    12-19-11 09:38 PM
    Nothing will change at RIMM until Balsillie is gone.
    The author is wrong. Both of the clowns at the top of RIM must go.

Mike Lazaridis:

“There will*never*be a BlackBerry with an MP3 player or camera.”
    12-19-11 10:13 PM
    Over a decade? That quote is almost 20 years old!

Besides, it's not like they predicted that RIM would struggle in 2011! If I had to say anything about this "quote" it's that they failed to predict RIM's fantastic rise to prominence. (RIM essentially killed the PDA when they created the smartphone market, how's that for impressive?)

What a useless article.

Is this what the RIM bashing has come to? (They were doomed 18 years ago! Lazaridis was incompetent even before he created a multi-billion dollar company! iAppldroidphonepad FTW!)
    You're right. There's no way that anybody could have predicted this fall twenty years ago. On the other hand, two years ago sounds more realistic. Those two bozos sure sucked RIM dry, didn't they? How's their bank accounts doing? People in the True North should start an Occupy Waterloo movement, and get RIM back on track.
    12-19-11 10:15 PM
    Forbes prediction would be taken seriously if any of their analysts had predicted the 2007-2008 securities blowup 1 day before it happened.
    12-20-11 01:20 AM
    Considering that RIM didn't enter the Canadian stock market until 1998, and that the initial funding for the company was in 1995 to create a two way pager in conjunction with Ericsson, I would call this article's premise to be quite flawed.
    Quoting statements allegedly made before the company had even entered the stock market is a new low. This article is ridiculous in its very premise.
    To say that they squandered their advantage is reasonable and in my opinion spot on. To say that its downfall was predicted before it even existed based on an obscure statement by one friend to another is just plain...what's the word...oh h3ll, can't think of anything but just plain dirty.
    If Forbes is so good at predicting downfalls, I wonder why they didn't step in to prevent the collapse of the world economy....
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 12-20-11 at 04:05 AM.
    12-20-11 03:57 AM
    I agree with the article in saying that Jim must go he isn't helping the company at all in my opinion. I also believe this has helped RIM get over their arrogance which also was a problem for them.
    12-20-11 05:18 AM
    He didn't write the article. Why jump on him? Yeah it's a bb forum so what he posted an article that someone wrote about RIMMs collapse. Debate the article don't attack the reporter he didn't write it he just posted it. Argue the merits of the article not the poster.

Sent from my MD276LL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 12-20-11 at 05:50 AM.
    Caymancroc likes this.
    12-20-11 05:46 AM
    come on guys knock it off
    12-20-11 05:55 AM
    that's the problem with this site now. People just wanting to argue for no good reason.
    And I thought the problem was people constantly posting links to poor articles like this and doing the daily dead horse beating talking of RIM's problems.
    12-20-11 05:59 AM
    He didn't write the article. Why jump on him? Yeah it's a bb forum so what he posted an article that someone wrote about RIMMs collapse. Debate the article don't attack the reporter he didn't write it he just posted it. Argue the merits of the article not the poster.

Is that what Crackberry is for? To post here all the articles other people write about RIM, even the most ridiculous articles like this one?
    12-20-11 05:59 AM
    ah a nice anti-RIM article from someone thats long on apple, who woulda thought it eh
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-20-11 06:05 AM
    With the good you get the bad Belfast debate the article but no need to attack the poster.

12-20-11 06:09 AM
    I would place that more in the camp of guesses than predictions. The end of the world is "predicted" annually by some whack jobs. But take heart, haters - some day even they will be right.
    12-20-11 06:10 AM
    With the good you get the bad Belfast debate the article but no need to attack the poster.

Sorry, I can see no justification for anybody posting this article on Crackberry other then to start an argument, I'm not attacking anybody, just their intentions, especially coming from a long term crackberry member.
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-20-11 06:14 AM
    That's attacking me, and assuming something false. It's news I posted it get over it. The guys prediction was right I just pointed it out. The article was also pulled from a respected news source so it isn't just some trash I found in the national enquirer. The mood of the site is very poor but I can understand why.

?
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 12-20-11 at 06:19 AM.
    12-20-11 06:16 AM
    Alright guys, All together now, take a deep breath and slowly, very slowly back away from the brink....cmon guys you can do it...
    Last edited by sam_b77; 12-20-11 at 08:33 AM.
    moiselles and howarmat like this.
    12-20-11 06:22 AM
    That's attacking me, and assuming something false. It's news I posted it get over it. The guys prediction was right I just pointed it out. The article was also pulled from a respected news source so it isn't just some trash I found in the national enquirer. The mood of the site is very poor but I can understand why.

?
    How about posting some good news like this instead, guess what, Blackberry is going up, shocking:

Kindle Fire heats up but Android share drops significantly in November
    12-20-11 06:24 AM
    It was an inflammatory article with predictable results.
    I suggest we let it drop where it belongs for what it is, a crappy article which belongs in the bottom of a pile.
    Leave it be, understand the source.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    12-20-11 06:42 AM
    I agree with the article in saying that Jim must go he isn't helping the company at all in my opinion. I also believe this has helped RIM get over their arrogance which also was a problem for them.
    Well you SHOULD have put that in your post, What a waste of time reading 20 year old Anti rim drivel

though even that statement is pretty dumb from the Article since the Article is nearly 20 years old, Clearly Jim had some value.
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-20-11 06:52 AM
    I don't understand all of this "attacking" that is claimed on here. Someone makes a comment about someone else and it is an attack?

I think people are way too sensitive and act like babies around here.

Yep garbage.
    12-20-11 07:11 AM
    I don't understand all of this "attacking" that is claimed on here. Someone makes a comment about someone else and it is an attack?

I think people are way too sensitive and act like babies around here.

Yep garbage.
    well apparently they are attacks because we are getting warned for them I promise you. So saying people are sensitive is really calling the moderators sensitive in a way
    12-20-11 07:19 AM
    Well you SHOULD have put that in your post, What a waste of time reading 20 year old Anti rim drivel

though even that statement is pretty dumb from the Article since the Article is nearly 20 years old, Clearly Jim had some value.
    He did have value we can't dispute that I mean the company just resently started to decline, but having two different bosses seems to be counterproductive after a while. Maybe if he steps down to a smaller roll, We could see some changes or a more streamlined agenda.
    12-20-11 07:21 AM
    He did have value we can't dispute that I mean the company just resently started to decline, but having two different bosses seems to be counterproductive after a while. Maybe if he steps down to a smaller roll, We could see some changes or a more streamlined agenda.

Half of Jim's issue is he doesn't know when to shut up, been an issue since he was in University I am told from those that knew him,
    I don't really see the issue of the CO CEO roll, My issue is the Co CEO, Co Chairmen issue, they need to split the rolls of Chairmen and CEO, Mike and Jim can be on the board, but should not be able to lead it.

I would support a NEW CEO into RIM and see Jim moved into corporate/government relations leadership rolls, as he does have a strength there, proof in point how many markets App World is available in vs other app stores, how many carriers pay for BIS, and governments use BlackBerry's
    I would like to See mike moved to a roll more on the development side, remove the need for operations expectations and public appearances, Mike never looks comfortable behind the camera, nor whilst public speaking, he should be doing what he did best and looking for new technologies, and new ideas. He's too distracted and has lost touch.
    lnichols, steve911 and azrin640 like this.
    12-20-11 07:28 AM

How exactly does one argue an op-ed piece? The credentials of the author or reporter are very relevant. Biased journalists (and I use that term loosely) produce biased articles.
    12-20-11 07:34 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD