Most corporations hit rock bottom at some point. Apple was bailed out by Microsoft, Sony was hit with a tonne of negative press from the gaming industry when the PS3 was released; Nintendo with the Gamecube with the lack of third party support, and practically all motor vehicle manufacturers have gone into receivership. They have all comeback better than ever.

RIM will do the same. I agree that there needs to be some major changes in order for that to happen, but it will. The CEO's aren't stupid, they know what needs to be done, unfortunately that won't come today, tomorrow, or even next month. Patience is a virtue. I know it's tough and frustrating but if you are a loyal fan and user of BB then you will stick it out and see happens in the next year or two.

This over promise and under deliver scenario happens all the time in the gaming and sports industries. I may complain. I may get upset. But it is what it is, these major corporations have everyone by the balls, whether you like it or not. The only way to put an end all the madness is to stop buying their product(s), but that is an unrealistic solution.
    misskalunji likes this.
    10-21-11 11:07 AM
    They have until December (my contract renews)! The lack of news at Devcon was almost a death blow to me. I own the Storm 1 & 2 and the playbook. The company I work for just purchased Ipads for the sales team. If I don't feel good about Rim by then...Iphone will probably be my next phone. The idea that the maker of the playbook cant give its end useres a native email program blows my mind. It is the reason its not selling. Now I am able to use bridge but who cares. I was hoping for OS 2.0....nope. A glimpse of the new QNX phone...nope. A glimpse of hope from RIM...nowhere to be found. I can only be as committed to Rim as they are to me. I have taken a beating on my loyalty to RIM only to have the slowest smart phone on the planet, and the greatest tablet on earth with no email or calendar programs. I don't want to go...but the lack of performance by RIM is a buzz kill. Show me some change or show me the door. Besides,at this rate I could get an iphone for two years and be able to come back to Blackberry just before their first QNX phone is released in 2014 (I know they said 2012)!
    10-21-11 11:54 AM
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, for every one company that comes back from the bottom, thousands fail.

I like your optimism, but you need to keep things in perspective. Sony was not even close to the same position Blackberry is in, neither was Nintendo.
    10-21-11 12:04 PM
    I wouldn't call it optimism. More or less, hopeful. I want to support my Canadian companies as much as possible, and also cheer for the underdogs if you will.
    10-21-11 01:06 PM
    I wouldn't call it optimism. More or less, hopeful. I want to support my Canadian companies as much as possible, and also cheer for the underdogs if you will.
    I'm not Canadian, but I always cheer for the underdog. I was/am cheering for Microsoft to do good with their Windows Phone 7. They hit rock bottom with their old, outdated Windows Mobile platform. They totally started over and will surpass RIM if RIM doesn't deliver soon. Have you seen some of the new Windows Phone 7 coming out? They are pretty nice.

But yeah, I'm hopeful as well.
    10-21-11 01:22 PM
    I am always hoping for RIM to do good stuff!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-11 08:35 AM
    Rim has a chance and I believe they will make it. I think apple will have issues all of their devices look the same and android will be number one very soon. I think the there major players will be android , apple and RIM.

10-22-11 08:44 AM
    RIM has so much potential and I'm really hoping the QNX-based devices will be an opportunity for BlackBerry to appeal to new customers. We can have faith
    10-22-11 10:07 AM
    Rim has a chance and I believe they will make it. I think apple will have issues all of their devices look the same and android will be number one very soon. I think the there major players will be android , apple and RIM.

Android IS number 1. But that's because every phone that isn't iPhone or Blackberry (which I guess don't count), is an Android.
    10-22-11 01:13 PM
    In a few years, we may be replacing the word "RIM" with "Google/Android". It's a cycle and no one stays on top forever. Android has a lot of momentum right now, and looks impossible to stop. But there is always another player waiting in the wings to take over.
    10-22-11 01:22 PM
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, for every one company that comes back from the bottom, thousands fail.

I like your optimism, but you need to keep things in perspective. Sony was not even close to the same position Blackberry is in, neither was Nintendo.
    Agreed and those examples are also not in the mobile industry. Historically, it has been nearly impossible for a mobile company to survive a death spiral. Having said that, IMAmateurO RIM isn't yet in quite such a bad position and the mobile industry is in unprecedented flux currently so they still have a chance. It's a brutal industry to be fighting from the back though.
    10-22-11 01:39 PM
    I still own a 9650 and yes occasionally it will lag under a load and need a reboot once in awhile (non app related). I will never argue that the native browser doesn't stink but at long as rim keeps improving like they did with the bb7 devices (in all other fields but battery life) and they keep making phones designed like the bold ill be using them for as long as I can.

I call,txt,bbm,email,pandora and tweet from my phone with an occasional game but for the reasons you need a phone my berry holds strong in all those categories tied in with an awesome keyboard I'm content in where I am and where rim is.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk
    10-22-11 02:06 PM
    Couldn't have said it better myself. It always get worse before it can get better.
    10-23-11 12:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD