I do not have a problem with my phone but i was always wondering how RIM would deem your warranty null or void, Do they open the phones themselves and see if it was taken apart to have any items like a case switched or screws without the white tape on them. If someone could enlighten me please
    06-23-10 05:22 PM
    The carriers typically handle warranty claims for the phones that they sell. They have service centers with technicians that will open the devices and determine if the issue is a manufacturing defect or user damage.
    06-23-10 07:42 PM
    If anyone has actually gone through RIM for a warranty claim/exchange I'd like
    to know who. Moto Mama is right. The warranties for BB's are handled through the
    carriers. You can actually make a warranty claim over the phone and if they
    determine something is up with your phone and is covered under warranty they
    either ship you out a replacement, or they give you the option of going to one of
    their device centers that might be close by to you to go exchange it.

In case you ever have a warranty claim, this is the number you want to call ATT
    at instead of just calling their regular CS which is going to take you here anyway.

800-801-1101
    06-23-10 09:06 PM
    thanks for the info guys another question what if you tampered with your phone before(like changing the case) before you send it for warranty if there any way they can tell you to return the phone or what happens then
    06-24-10 12:12 AM
    Yes, they can tell if you open the case.

Yes, that will the void.

Yes, they will charge you the full retail price of the device.
    06-24-10 07:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD