Carriers hate RIM, push prospects to Android / iPhone for higher data and probably spiffs. They give them virtually no display / shelf space. WallStreet wants to force RIM into BK to open up market share for their aapl and goog holdings. The media & blogosphere tars and feathers RIM as a daily fetish ritual probably being paid by the Wall Street Mafia or just because they enjoy it like a twisted kid slowly ripping the legs off an insect. The average smart phone buyer is a wind sock going with the flavor of the day.

I am really trying to see how RIM restores its brand to be respected with this level of negativity.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by cgull; 01-24-12 at 03:47 PM.
    01-24-12 04:12 AM
    yea, i don't get it either
    01-24-12 09:14 AM
    I can't wait to see our little club of 4-5 haters who flock to these threads like vultures make their appearance. why they dog this forum while posting nothing but negative comments escapes me (sad little personalities I suppose) but I do find it humorous that they think none of us notice it.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-24-12 09:29 AM
    with my retail experience. i believe that advertising in the store should come from RIM. They pay them advertising space. that's how it works.

it's down to RIM and marketing. right now, it's like oil and water. hopefully The Mighty Thor can focus on that.
    01-24-12 09:59 AM
    I don't think users hate RIM as much as carriers/retailers seem to shun them. The media however seems to like beating them up. Most users I know that are negative on them just think they are "behind" the times.
    01-24-12 12:50 PM
    I believe most of the haters stems from the fact that they own a lot of google or apple stock and they like to bash all the competition.

OR they they use to own RIM stock and got clobbered from it.
    01-24-12 12:55 PM
    Living in Waterloo and watching the evening news, it's sad to see that even our local CTV news broadcast (CTV owned by Bell Media) always has a negative undertone to RIM even when they could (if they chose to) place a positive spin on a topic. For example, Sunday night when they announced My Heins as CEO, CTV news still presented the story in a completely negative context as though they where dead in the water and that he can't possibly make a difference.
    For goodness sake, this is our community, support it a little if/when given the opportunity.
    01-24-12 02:07 PM
    rimm will strike back.. they know it, most of us know it. its just a matter of time...

I can't wait...
    yunvi, teeuwen and JR A like this.
    01-24-12 02:11 PM
    ... it's sad to see that even our local CTV news broadcast (CTV owned by Bell Media) always has a negative undertone to RIM even when they could (if they chose to) place a positive spin on a topic.
    Bell Media is advertising the iPhone like crazy. They are probably making way more $ with it than with any other device. I am sure Bell would LOVE to see BlackBerry roll over and die so all potential customers would have no choice but to go and buy a $700 phone which only cost about $100 to make with slave labour from China.
    01-24-12 02:21 PM
    Not going to disagree with the haters comment. For those of us who have used a bb since the early days and watched them create the market it is painful to watch them fall from grace. The security they provide has invoked an extremely loyal business / IT following. On the other hand this loyalty has enraged the user(s) handcuffed by IT screaming for additional features, apps and functionality.

I think one huge step in the right direction will be to get IT and the User on the same page.....IT is happy to issue the device due to security and the User feels they are receiving a state of the art, top of the line device capable of meeting both needs and wants.
    Last edited by ecjn30; 01-24-12 at 02:42 PM.
    01-24-12 02:26 PM
    Bell Media is advertising the iPhone like crazy. They are probably making way more $ with it than with any other device. I am sure Bell would LOVE to see BlackBerry roll over and die so all potential customers would have no choice but to go and buy a $700 phone which only cost about $100 to make with slave labour from China.
    IF RIM were to 'roll over and die' I suspect more BB people would switch to an Android device before an iPhone. I could be wrong.
    Bell doesn't make money off the phone. They make money off the wireless service.
    Anyway, there is just too much misinformation, too many rumours and RIM bashing going on as per the subject of this thread. It's not that some of it wasn't initially deserved but the same BS is being incessantly regurgitated in the guise of 'news'
    01-24-12 03:04 PM
    Carriers hate BBM and Bridge - these services are way too efficient in terms of data usage. With the other platforms, you need a higher data plan for the same activity.
    01-24-12 03:21 PM
    Carriers hate BBM and Bridge - these services are way too efficient in terms of data usage. With the other platforms, you need a higher data plan for the same activity.
    This was the case even before BBM & Bridge due to BB data compression.
    01-24-12 03:43 PM
    Not sure how much I buy into the data usage argument at this point, excessive mobile minutes were once an issue. Now unlimited mobile plans can be purchased for $50-$200 / Mo depending on the provider. IMO data will soon follow suit, I think the "hook" at this point is the 2 year contract / upgrade to new device revolving door which attempts to eternally lock in customers.
    01-24-12 03:59 PM
    I know the mantra is "Rim will strike back" but, is it wrong if I really like the devices I have from them NOW? Isn't that what it's all about? I wish them the best but I am neither a fanboy or a stockholder. My interest in BlackBerries comes from the great tech I have in my hands, not the rumor mill.
    Tre Lawrence, momofteme and cgull like this.
    01-24-12 05:37 PM
    I know the mantra is "Rim will strike back" but, is it wrong if I really like the devices I have from them NOW? Isn't that what it's all about? I wish them the best but I am neither a fanboy or a stockholder. My interest in BlackBerries comes from the great tech I have in my hands, not the rumor mill.
    This makes sense to me.
    01-24-12 05:41 PM
    The short term gain American investors would just love to see RIM broken up and sold off into pieces, laying off thousands of Canadian workers along the way. I'm an American, but I really wish I'd see more Canadians supporting RIM. It would be an absolute tragedy for Canada if this happened. Most Americans wouldn't really care, but Canadians should.
    01-24-12 06:04 PM
    The short term gain American investors would just love to see RIM broken up and sold off into pieces, laying off thousands of Canadian workers along the way. I'm an American, but I really wish I'd see more Canadians supporting RIM. It would be an absolute tragedy for Canada if this happened. Most Americans wouldn't really care, but Canadians should.
    In all fairness, American investors wouldn't care if it was Canadians, Australians, Martians or their own progeny.
    01-24-12 06:13 PM
    In all fairness, American investors wouldn't care if it was Canadians, Australians, Martians or their own progeny.
    Exactly. I doubt most Americans even know that RIM is based in Canada. Who cares, anyway?

Plus how many investors are Americans? Individuals and investors from all over the world buy and sell RIMM every day.

The whole world sets the price of RIMM. American investors have no more influence on that price than Chinese investors or Russian investors or sovereign funds in the ME or European pension funds.
    01-24-12 06:18 PM
    I think the only way RIM will bust through the wall of ignorance and negativity is with top new products and smart marketing
    01-24-12 06:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD