Many wont like me for being so blunt and open, but its a proven fact and this can't be denied.

In the corporate world you either Lead or Follow, Succeed or Fail, but at the end of the day success is not driven by honesty or ethical practices, but by outsmarting your competition and throwing mud at them from time to time.

Emo Philips once said "When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.", the moral is that you either get down and fight the fight, become as evil as possible or lose the game.

Many may not know this but the secret to the big success of APPLE was to dig dirt on their competition RIM,

Do you think RIM should change strategy and do the same to APPLE?
    04-08-12 11:20 PM
    pointing out flaws of the competitor is not a way to gain consumers IMO. Making a good device with a good ecosystem and doing it in a timely manner will though.
    04-08-12 11:25 PM
    *sigh*

Everyone complains about the trolls here.. Gee.. I wonder what makes CrackBerry such an easy target?

Mud slinging will do RIM no good, they tried that.. remember? Flash.. AHAAAAAAAAAA!
    04-08-12 11:25 PM
    Digging dirt?

Apple did it the old fashioned way: hiring employees from the competition
    04-09-12 12:15 AM
    Uhh. You can steal a bike. Or you can work hard, make money, and buy a bike.

So no it's not a proven fact.
    auditman, Chrisy and addicted44 like this.
    04-09-12 12:16 AM
    I prefer the old fashion way. Earn it by doing the right thing.
    04-09-12 12:30 AM
    Many wont like me for being so blunt and open, but its a proven fact and this can't be denied.

In the corporate world you either Lead or Follow, Succeed or Fail, but at the end of the day success is not driven by honesty or ethical practices, but by outsmarting your competition and throwing mud at them from time to time.

Emo Philips once said "When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.", the moral is that you either get down and fight the fight, become as evil as possible or lose the game.

Many may not know this but the secret to the big success of APPLE was to dig dirt on their competition RIM,

How about this suggestion? Drop the good, bad, and evil stuff and simply accept that they are just corporations and one is more successful than the other. No one is digging up dirt, nor is anyone playing dirty tricks on the other. They are just two corporations that have been going in different directions - end of story. Turning things into fictional morality plays of good and evil serves no one well. It also allows people to make this sort of garbage important, instead of all sorts of actual evil that exist in this world....
    04-09-12 12:31 AM
    If one baker accuses his fellow baker of being a crook and vice-versa, eventually the public recognizes both are crooked and shops at Wal*Mart.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-09-12 03:17 AM
    RIM has been trailing market share globally for a few time. In fall 2010, iPhone worldwide sales beat BlackBerry, and in spring 2011 Android sales did the same. And now days the main competition is only between Apple & Android. And if you see the 1st quarter reports then you can analyze Samsung has reached on 3rd number position it means Blackberry has been out of competition. BlackBerry sales as a percentage of mobile sales are now in single digits worldwide. Recently RIM has decreased its price range for some of its model up to 26%..... This is really poor condition presented by them. RIM is not trying to be everything to everyone. I think they should improve the PlayBook. The PlayBook software updates have been delayed for months, putting it at a disadvantage against competitors such as Apple and now Kindle. RIM must think resources and power on building quality.
    04-09-12 04:05 AM
    This thread is just as bad as the stuff you find on Craigslist rants and raves.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-09-12 07:45 AM

I greatly suspect you have not won in the corporate world

in the Corporate world you win by having the best strategy in place, that strategy is usually a combination of quality products, doesn't have to be the best (in most cases it isn't) effective marketing/distribution, realistic process improvement goals,

RIM doesn't need to be more like Apple, RIM needs to figure out how to address it's public image, and get it's process improvement goals inline with what the market wants, and they can achieve,
    04-09-12 08:05 AM
    OP - stealing then asking for forgiveness is pathetic, you might want to find another quote to endorse
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-09-12 08:06 AM
    I'm sorry for my poor choice of words, i agree with howarmat that building a good phone with a user friendly operating system is what makes a company successful.

But i do believe that by APPLE pointing out the flaws of RIM every now and then, it did have a strong effect, and those who don't believe it are just simply naive, the question is just how much it played a role in the success of APPLE.

But once again i admit i used the wrong choice of words.
    04-09-12 08:56 AM
    Many may not know this but the secret to the big success of APPLE was to dig dirt on their competition RIM
    If you're going throw out a statement like this, you need to support it with some semblance of proof.

My view on this is that Apple was first to market, and in many instances, companies that are first to market get the big piece of the pie. Plain and simple.

Now people may say, MP3 players were around before Apple made the iPod. Or BBs were around before the iPhone, etc. etc. But Apple was the first to make MP3 players and phones that were more than just a piece of recycled plastic. Apple was also first to make the effort to get the music labels to agree to license out their music on iTunes, and it was the first to build an ecosystem with apps.

Look how long it has taken competitors to catch up to that ecosystem. I don't think Apple accomplished this by digging dirt on competitors, they did it by good old fashion creativity and hard work, and by taking chances that many companies do not want to take.
    04-09-12 08:56 AM
    But i do believe that by APPLE pointing out the flaws of RIM every now and then, it did have a strong effect, and those who don't believe it are just simply naive, the question is just how much it played a role in the success of APPLE.
    When has Apple EVER mentioned RIM?

I think about the only time I have heard RIM/Blackberry being mentioned by Apple officially/unofficially was during the original iPhone introduction, when Steve Jobs showed 4 existing smartphones on a slide, with a huge amount of space being used by the keyboard, and 1 was a Blackberry.
    04-09-12 02:48 PM
    I don't think it matters; at this point RIM lacks the resources to do anything to Apple, Google or Microsoft.
    04-09-12 03:00 PM
    Apple makes a superior product compared to what RIM has been offering since the 1st iPhone came out years ago. Consumers have spoken.
    04-09-12 03:08 PM
    Apple makes a superior product compared to what RIM has been offering since the 1st iPhone came out years ago. Consumers have spoken.
    winner of the dumbest statement of the day award.

Apple has made a sexier product, but far from a superior product.

you need to define superiority, there are many ways in which RIM still today is superior
    04-09-12 06:29 PM
    Apple is dirty, I rather RIM and Microsft over apple. Everyone in IT knows that Apple is evil but the latest consumerizaton killed RIM.
    04-09-12 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD