01-13-11 01:40 PM
65 123
tools
    Yea so let's see...crap browser, crap app store, crap OS...but battery lasts....so I can enjoy the crap even longer....fantastic...thanks RIM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    tmelon likes this.
    01-12-11 04:16 PM
    Yea so let's see...crap browser, crap app store, crap OS...but battery lasts....so I can enjoy the crap even longer....fantastic...thanks RIM

What makes it crap? Do you use it?

01-12-11 04:23 PM
    Yea. I've used it. On my 8703e the OS and browser were great. But today on my storm 2 and my old bold it was stale and tired. And after using browsers on iPhone and android it was unbearable. And the app store....what a joke...doesn't even compare. Of course the app store isn't really important I guess. My storm 2 is still great for calls and email...but it's slowly getting worse...the browsing is just awful compared to newer phones...

Even the torch doesn't come close....

01-12-11 04:37 PM
    Yea. I've used it. On my 8703e the OS and browser were great. But today on my storm 2 and my old bold it was stale and tired. And after using browsers on iPhone and android it was unbearable. And the app store....what a joke...doesn't even compare. Of course the app store isn't really important I guess. My storm 2 is still great for calls and email...but it's slowly getting worse...the browsing is just awful compared to newer phones...

Even the torch doesn't come close....

Bolt is by far a great web browser. If your storm is becoming thundery, maybe an OS reload will do the trick. It helped a buddy of mine who uses the storm 2. Not everything is made to be perfect

01-12-11 04:50 PM

Wow. That was a fantastic way to put it. I remember reading someone say something of how RIM isn't doing anything special for long battery life. An average battery can keep a non-touch screen phone with a 3 inch screen going for a while. I couldn't agree more about the App store and the Browser. I can load 3 pages on Opera Mini for the time it takes to load Yahoo on the default.
    01-12-11 04:54 PM
    Wow. That was a fantastic way to put it. I remember reading someone say something of how RIM isn't doing anything special for long battery life. An average battery can keep a non-touch screen phone with a 3 inch screen going for a while. I couldn't agree more about the App store and the Browser. I can load 3 pages on Opera Mini for the time it takes to load Yahoo on the default.
    5 fully loaded YouTube videos on my modestly specced computer in the time it takes to load 40kb on the BB browser.

Oh, and that's with both devices connected to the same network.
    01-12-11 05:10 PM
    5 fully loaded YouTube videos on my modestly specced computer in the time it takes to load 40kb on the BB browser.

Oh, and that's with both devices connected to the same network.
    Hahaha. On the BlackBerry Browser:

3G is as slow as EDGE

EDGE is as slow as AOL dial up
    01-12-11 05:12 PM
    Hahaha. On the BlackBerry Browser:

3G is as slow as EDGE

EDGE is as slow as AOL dial up
    We aren't talking 3G/EDGE here, we're talking broadband WiFi
    01-12-11 05:17 PM
    We aren't talking 3G/EDGE here, we're talking broadband WiFi
    Oh wow. I usually just leave WiFi off since I can never even tell a difference. RIM needs to redo the BlackBerry Browser... Again... I haven't even tried the OS 6 Browser since RIM discontinued the 8500 series and replaced it with the 9300. (Silver border on the side of an 8530? That's an iPhone killer right there... Thanks for the new phone RIM...)
    01-12-11 05:25 PM
    Bolt is by far a great web browser. If your storm is becoming thundery, maybe an OS reload will do the trick. It helped a buddy of mine who uses the storm 2. Not everything is made to be perfect

Do you know why the Bolt browser is NOT great? Because, at least, half of the Crackberry community will tell you that it sucks. That's why.
    01-12-11 06:41 PM
    Do you know why the Bolt browser is NOT great? Because, at least, half of the Crackberry community will tell you that it sucks. That's why.
    I doubt half says it sucks. It's a universal web browser. If they never updated it, likely it has bugs. An OS 6 bug doesn't allow non-inline editing and the menu key doesn't function, which sucks. But that's it.

01-12-11 06:44 PM
    During a normal 8 hour day with my 8520, surfing the web using text and phone calls I am usually around 70%.
    My buddy with his IPhone is looking for an outlet to charge his by 9:00. I have seen him charge his IPhone at least 3 times in an 8 hour day. I'm just saying...
    And on a plus side to that, you can always carry a spare battery instead of looking for an outlet to plug into.
    01-13-11 08:04 AM
    Or buy an extended battery. A 2,400 mah battery will last even a hardcore data hog all day. And it isn't a manufacturer solution. Users who run out of battery can add the batteries at will.

01-13-11 11:18 AM
    At the end of the day, Noone really thinks like a consumer who wants a phone but someone who wants the next best thing. As long as it does what its suppsed to do to meet your daily needs then its good enough. If you wanted something with 1GHz cpu, 2GB memory and whatever then get a phone with that. DONT complain about something that you have that doesnt meet specs of another brand.

I have a torch, and it is perfectly fine for what I do. ie: surfing the net, listening to music, txting, email, play some games from time to time.

my opinion..
    lssanjose likes this.
    01-13-11 11:43 AM
    good post, i wish more BB owners would realize this. instead they use their wonderful battery life a crutch to why they think their BB is so awesome. But like you said, most all of us put the phone on the battery every night no matter what. so the point is pretty moot.

RIM should give the customer the CHOICE on if battery life is acceptable to them.
    Thankyou (?) And why is it so rare that somebody in these forums grasps this fundamental fact?

If the battery life is that bad, why are those "hottest selling phones" just that? hottest selling? either we in RIM's consumer base are being lied too or the trade off is worth it.

How many of us would be willing to put the phone on the charger a little earlier or swap batteries a little sooner if it meant not getting that spinning clock of death?

And as far as choices.... geez, release both and see what the consumer chooses! At least you keep your customers instead of having them flock to the competition.

In rim's top paid business circles, how is it that not one keen bean can figure that out?

01-13-11 01:40 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD