Would be awesome to see the next PB or BB have one of these under the hood!

maximumpc.com/article/news/qualcomm_roadmap_reveals_25ghz_snapdragon_processo rs

"The new S4 class chipset includes a next generation processor line built on a 28nm manufacturing process. These will include up to quad-core processing clocked at 2.5GHz along with a high performance Adreno GPU (dual- and quad-core), 1080p HD, 3G, and LTE."
    09-15-11 08:29 PM
    Qualcomm unveils Snapdragon roadmap, 2.5GHz CPUs coming early next year -- Engadget

Another link if that first one isn't working. And yes that would be amazing. But I doubt the batteries to juice it wouldn't last for more than 3 hours. Lol.
    09-15-11 11:55 PM
    clock it down to 1.2-1.5Ghz. That sucker should last while. Shouldnt take much usage to power a BB with a Quad @ those clocks. I would think...
    chiefbroski likes this.
    09-16-11 12:09 AM
    Thanks for the link!

2.5 Ghz, holy Sh****Z....

My laptop is running windows 7 smoothly at 2 Ghz. It's a little unnecessary for a BB...

Yeah, like Blacklac said, clock that baby down to 1.2 Ghz, or w/e necessary and maybe we have a winner.

I say the S3 is adequate for RIM as I think its exactly what they need. Clock it down from 1.5Ghz to 1.2 Ghz and they are set!
    09-16-11 06:52 AM
    Thanks for the link!

2.5 Ghz, holy Sh****Z....

My laptop is running windows 7 smoothly at 2 Ghz. It's a little unnecessary for a BB...

Yeah, like Blacklac said, clock that baby down to 1.2 Ghz, or w/e necessary and maybe we have a winner.

I say the S3 is adequate for RIM as I think its exactly what they need. Clock it down from 1.5Ghz to 1.2 Ghz and they are set!
    You can't compare clock speeds across different chips. Your (I'm guessing) Core2Duo/i5/i7 at 2 GHz is a lot faster than the Snapdragon at 2.5 GHz. A good amount of the juice required to operate Windows 7 smoothly also comes from your GPU.
    chiefbroski likes this.
    09-16-11 07:07 AM
    With specs like these, aren't we talking about a palm-sized BlackBerry and a duffel bag-sized battery? :-)

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-16-11 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD