My local news reported the outages in the news today. Even the anchors said "People still use Blackberries?"..and then they all proceeded to laugh.

As much as you hope that this will put RIM in the picture..it won't. RIM's stock and mind share is dropping faster than a groupie's pants on a tour bus..
    10-13-11 01:59 PM
    You poor saps. This is proof that politics, religion and fanboys make no(n) sense.

Yes Blackberry is very much still relevant. Hip Hip Horaaay!!! But you are not realizing that there is a transition occurring.

This is not a celebrity reality series. Disgruntled customers mean lower profit margins (since it's not a monopoly). I'm sure Apple isn't crying over RIM's outages either. When customers are angry/unsatisfied all you have to do is point to the exit and they will jump ship. Stop getting high of your own fodder.
    If anything this will increase sales of iPhone 4S
    I'm glad to see that some BB users aren't crazy fanboys on this forum and can actually use common sense to understand that the outage isn't helping RIM.
    10-13-11 02:35 PM
    Okay so it went like this in the Board room:

"Hey everyone you know Apple is launching iOS5."
    Boardroom responds: Mumble mumble and someone says "hey I have an idea let's take our systems down that will show them!"
    The Co-Ceos nod their head in agreement.
    And there you go how RIM outdid Apple...............
    10-13-11 02:39 PM
    Okay so it went like this in the Board room:

"Hey everyone you know Apple is launching iOS5."
    Boardroom responds: Mumble mumble and someone says "hey I have an idea let's take our systems down that will show them!"
    The Co-Ceos nod their head in agreement.
    And there you go how RIM outdid Apple...............

LOL... I wish I can believe that there are not people who believe that this is good for RIM.
    10-13-11 02:47 PM
    As they say, there's no such thing as bad publicity, it all pointed out how many people do have a blackberry and just how much they really are addicted to BBM, especially in UK.

People will wonder what is it about BBM that so many people can't live without it.
    I have to admit, I too thought that for a company that is supposedly "washed up and dead", there sure was an uproar when it didn't work. But, it in no way was a good thing for RIM.
    10-13-11 03:28 PM
    My local news reported the outages in the news today. Even the anchors said "People still use Blackberries?"..and then they all proceeded to laugh.

As much as you hope that this will put RIM in the picture..it won't. RIM's stock and mind share is dropping faster than a groupie's pants on a tour bus..
    It made the news here, too. Funny thing was, the stock footage of the BBs in use were 7xxx models and those softball sized ones. Not a more modern up to date BB was shown the entire news piece.
    10-13-11 03:38 PM
    I have to admit, I too thought that for a company that is supposedly "washed up and dead", there sure was an uproar when it didn't work. But, it in no way was a good thing for RIM.
    To start with it's a bad thing but like all things bad, they can lead to good things.
    All non blackberry owners could hear in the news was how much people missed their BBM fo 3 days, I mean people were stuck in airports for longer and they didn't complain as hard.

Now blackberry uk facebook page is back to coments like "add my pin" lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-11 03:49 PM
    This is RIM we are talking about. Any news for them is 100% bad.

It sounds like with the outage the internet, BBM and their push email was down. Calls, WIFI and txting still worked. So people should switch to non-bb devices and permanently be without these services.
    10-14-11 02:56 AM
    This is RIM we are talking about. Any news for them is 100% bad.

It sounds like with the outage the internet, BBM and their push email was down. Calls, WIFI and txting still worked. So people should switch to non-bb devices and permanently be without these services.
    Inyternet still worked, just bis didn't, I got my mail with Logicmail and browsed just fine with Opera, it wasn't a total blackout, only bis.

AZ87 likes this.
    10-14-11 03:00 AM
    Also Dropbox still worked.

10-14-11 03:02 AM
    Wow, it amazes me then if non-bb users were bashing RIM at all over this, since it sounds like without BIS is basically gives bbs the same functionality as their phones.
    10-14-11 11:17 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD