After today bb outage the story in the news today around the world was Blackberry outage and not the launch of iOS 5. With in part is a good thing. The last problem with this impact from rim was on December 2009, so I think they are really reliable in terms of uptime and will be the benchmark that apple will use to compare it's messaging service.

What do you think?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    AZ87 likes this.
    10-12-11 10:25 PM
    After today bb outage the story in the news today around the world was Blackberry outage and not the launch of iOS 5. With in part is a good thing. The last problem with this impact from rim was on December 2009, so I think they are really reliable in terms of uptime and will be the benchmark that apple will use to compare it's messaging service.

What do you think?

I don't think i4S suffered at all from this. I think the only entity that has suffered is RIM. You could say RIM took the thunder from Devcon.

Bad timing. If anything, this may have helped RIM's competitors.
    Shlooky and glassofpinot like this.
    10-12-11 10:30 PM

What do you think?
    We always say - it's a business tool. A business needs to run. It's a big deal unless it is a short outage.
    10-12-11 10:45 PM
    I do not see any benefit to RIM on the basis of the BIS outage. If anything, RIM provided better advertising for Apple than Apple itself, just judging from all the posts on the Web and on Twitter by users saying they are switching from a BlackBerry to an iPhone.
    10-12-11 10:53 PM
    What do you think?
    I think this is one of the dumbest threads/premises I've ever seen. Not just at Crackberry, but the whole internet.
    10-12-11 10:54 PM
    Marine One, that was cold-blooded. And damn did it make me laugh!!!

10-12-11 11:23 PM
    I laughed. At least blackberry gets the attention and apple gets a break.

10-12-11 11:29 PM
    I laughed. At least blackberry gets the attention and apple gets a break.

Except that when the whole world is looking at you, it better be for the right reason.

Falling on your ar$e so comprehensively with this fail cascade, and then flailing about unable to regain your feet for several days with the spotlight steady upon you...? <shakes head sadly>
    10-13-11 12:22 AM
    I do not see any benefit to RIM on the basis of the BIS outage. If anything, RIM provided better advertising for Apple than Apple itself, just judging from all the posts on the Web and on Twitter by users saying they are switching from a BlackBerry to an iPhone.
    ah the ole threats on the internets routine, fact is no one ever really goes thru with it lol
    10-13-11 12:33 AM
    ah the ole threats on the internets routine, fact is no one ever really goes thru with it lol
    I have not switched, nor did I threaten to switch. However, I cannot say if others have or have not.

I know one of my BBM contacts has ordered an iPhone4S.
    10-13-11 12:53 AM
    I have not switched, nor did I threaten to switch. However, I cannot say if others have or have not.

I know one of my BBM contacts has ordered an iPhone4S.
    Just as one of my iPhone using friend as ordered a BB 9900.
    10-13-11 04:09 AM
    As they say, there's no such thing as bad publicity, it all pointed out how many people do have a blackberry and just how much they really are addicted to BBM, especially in UK.

People will wonder what is it about BBM that so many people can't live without it.
    10-13-11 06:34 AM
    LOL @ Marine One - I nearly spat out my water.

Regardless... there is also another BIG day for Apple tomorrow when the iPhone 4S actually gets released.

I don't think another outage tomorrow will do RIM any favours...do you?
    10-13-11 06:48 AM

What do you think?

You should get a job as a spin doctor.........
    10-13-11 06:49 AM
    What flavor Kool-Aid?
    f1rewire likes this.
    10-13-11 08:05 AM
    What are you talking about? At our company there are plenty of employees who are more than pissed-off about this whole fiasco, the electronic suggestion box on our intranet is full of comments about hurrying up our efforts to allow iPhones to be utilized so we are not completely depended on BBs.

Not good.
    10-13-11 08:43 AM
    As they say, there's no such thing as bad publicity, it all pointed out how many people do have a blackberry and just how much they really are addicted to BBM, especially in UK.

People will wonder what is it about BBM that so many people can't live without it.

You, sir, are awesome.
    10-13-11 09:02 AM

You, sir, are awesome.
    Works for the so called "celebrities" doesn't it? I bet Rim will get a huge boost from this, sure people read Blackberry Outage in the news but in a few weeks they'll all remember Blackberry and how people couldn't cope without their BBM.

AZ87 likes this.
    10-13-11 10:07 AM
    Wait... you're saying BB's service outage at the same time as the iPhone 4S and iOS 5 release is a good thing? It's helping Apple, not RIM.
    10-13-11 11:45 AM
    Only way this long outage can 'look good' is if the Apple Iphone4s launch cripples or destroys something. Followed by a crappy follow up on Apple management.

Otherwise, a black-eye is a black-eye no matter how much make-up you put on it.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-13-11 11:52 AM

What do you think?

I'm not going to hate on you like everyone else. But I can see where you're coming from.

RIM is in the news about the outages. It's caught peoples attention.

And a few days later is DevCon with the new BBX phones. If those phones can wow. The general public is so easy to manipulate. One minute they might hate for the outages. But next second they can be wowed by RIM's new offerings.

We shall see.
    10-13-11 12:17 PM
    Only way this long outage can 'look good' is if the Apple Iphone4s launch cripples or destroys something. Followed by a crappy follow up on Apple management.

Otherwise, a black-eye is a black-eye no matter how much make-up you put on it.
    Error 3200, there you go, ignored by the likes of BGR but a worldwide twitter trend today. Not so smooth launch.

10-13-11 12:43 PM
    Error 3200, there you go, ignored by the likes of BGR but a worldwide twitter trend today. Not so smooth launch.
    If your best argument is to say "hey, he screwed up more," you're in trouble.

It is important to note that yesterday's problems, which lasted all of about 12 hours, were just that; yesterday's problems. If RIM had confined its outage to a single day, your argument would be more powerful. But they didn't. Now, if you're saying Apple's outage is worse, then you're entitled to believe what you want. But I know that I'd prefer a difficulty measured in hours to one measured in days. Apple was the former; RIM was the latter.
    10-13-11 12:52 PM
    You poor saps. This is proof that politics, religion and fanboys make no(n) sense.

Yes Blackberry is very much still relevant. Hip Hip Horaaay!!! But you are not realizing that there is a transition occurring.

This is not a celebrity reality series. Disgruntled customers mean lower profit margins (since it's not a monopoly). I'm sure Apple isn't crying over RIM's outages either. When customers are angry/unsatisfied all you have to do is point to the exit and they will jump ship. Stop getting high of your own fodder.
    Last edited by blacker_berry; 10-13-11 at 01:52 PM.
    10-13-11 01:02 PM
    If anything this will increase sales of iPhone 4S
    10-13-11 01:50 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD