Hello fellow crackberrynians,

I just want to ask on How to Buy RIMM Stock, can somebody help me please. and also if you know anything about buying of stock can you please send me a link. anything about stocks buying strategy. I am newbie in buying stock and I will start it by buying RIMM stock.

Thanks.
    03-07-12 06:57 PM

I just want to ask on How to Buy RIMM Stock, can somebody help me please. and also if you know anything about buying of stock can you please send me a link. anything about stocks buying strategy. I am newbie in buying stock and I will start it by buying RIMM stock.

Thanks.
    You can buy stocks through most retail banks (physical stocks) or if you would like to speculate on the price of RIMM you can open an online trading account (IG Index) plus many more and long or short RIMM, Spot prices aswell as different quarter prices.

*Edit, not futures. Just near or far quarter prices.
    Last edited by Ben1232; 03-07-12 at 07:15 PM.
    03-07-12 07:11 PM

Thanks.
    How to Buy Stocks | eHow.com

digitamer likes this.
    03-07-12 07:12 PM
    In all honesty, if you're serious about getting into investing, practice for virtual/fantasy portfolio simulators before you deal in "actual" money terms; that way, you can get a feel for the market beforehand and any mistakes you make won't cost you a dime.

Also, as someone who has been looking at RIMM (stock) since last summer...I would recommend holding off RIMM stock until more details about BB10 emerge. The only catalyst that's really going to push the stock upwards in the next 12-24 months will be BB10 (assuming it does well). At the moment, there is simply too little clarity (at least for me) on BB10, and buying in now on that basis is akin to speculation; you do NOT want to be in the business of speculation, especially as a newbie to the stock market.

In any case, if you really want to buy stock NOW, at least wait until the quarterly earnings are announced (27th March I think? Correct me if I'm wrong...). If analysts are indeed right RIMM lowering guidance between now and then, and releasing sub-par earnings, the stock will dive and you buy in. Bear in mind though, this may already have been priced into the stock (although I don't believe so yet) or may do between now and 27th March.

Finally, Investopedia.com is a very good resource for newbie investors. They have a ton of short, well-written articles that go through the basics of investing.

Good luck!
    nige828 likes this.
    03-07-12 07:15 PM
    In all honesty, if you're serious about getting into investing, practice for virtual/fantasy portfolio simulators before you deal in "actual" money terms; that way, you can get a feel for the market beforehand and any mistakes you make won't cost you a dime.

Also, as someone who has been looking at RIMM (stock) since last summer...I would recommend holding off RIMM stock until more details about BB10 emerge. The only catalyst that's really going to push the stock upwards in the next 12-24 months will be BB10 (assuming it does well). At the moment, there is simply too little clarity (at least for me) on BB10, and buying in now on that basis is akin to speculation; you do NOT want to be in the business of speculation, especially as a newbie to the stock market.

In any case, if you really want to buy stock NOW, at least wait until the quarterly earnings are announced (27th March I think? Correct me if I'm wrong...). If analysts are indeed right RIMM lowering guidance between now and then, and releasing sub-par earnings, the stock will dive and you buy in. Bear in mind though, this may already have been priced into the stock (although I don't believe so yet) or may do between now and 27th March.

Finally, Investopedia.com is a very good resource for newbie investors. They have a ton of short, well-written articles that go through the basics of investing.

Good luck!
    Speculate as in hold intangible shares for 6 months for example. Not scalping RIMM's price all day long.

The OP may just want to long two rimm shares. Intangible speculation spreads for the next
    6 months would be cheaper than the share fees for the same two shares.

03-07-12 07:22 PM
    Speculate as in hold intangible shares for 6 months for example. Not scalping RIMM's price all day long.

The OP may just want to long two rimm shares. Intangible speculation spreads for the next
    6 months would be cheaper than the share fees for the same two shares.

Sorry, I did not mean my post as a direct reply to yours; didn't see yours until after I posted!

The message I would like to get across though is: it's a good idea to investigate a company who's product you enjoy, but never a good idea to buy it on that singular basis.
    03-07-12 07:26 PM
    Sorry, I did not mean my post as a direct reply to yours; didn't see yours until after I posted!

The message I would like to get across though is: it's a good idea to investigate a company who's product you enjoy, but never a good idea to buy it on that singular basis.
    Oh my bad sorry. We must have posted more or less at the same time . Yeah that's good advice.

Thanks torches

torches likes this.
    03-07-12 07:29 PM
    Shouldn't someone have asked him what country he/she was in before offering tips that may be pointless.
    03-07-12 07:29 PM
    Shouldn't someone have asked him what country he/she was in before offering tips that may be pointless.
    No.

The majority are Westerners here and even if not I'm sure they know what a retail bank is.
    03-07-12 07:33 PM
    No.

The majority are Westerners here and even if not I'm sure they know what a retail bank is.
    Interesting. Well being a person who still holds 2 securities licenses. I can say that most folks here in the U.S. don't purchase securities at retail banks.

The large majority here still use old school brokerage houses. Merril Lynch, Smith Barney, Morgan Stanely. Etc...

The reps at the retail banks have fought for years to over the idea of being "second best".
    03-07-12 07:43 PM
    Interesting. Well being a person who still holds 2 securities licenses. I can say that most folks here in the U.S. don't purchase securities at retail banks.

The large majority here still use old school brokerage houses. Merril Lynch, Smith Barney, Morgan Stanely. Etc...

The reps at the retail banks have fought for years to over the idea of being "second best".
    Nonetheless you still can buy them at retail banks.

Congrats regarding the licenses btw.
    03-07-12 07:47 PM
    Nonetheless you still can buy them at retail banks.

Congrats regarding the licenses btw.
    Thanks. They will finally expire in Oct of this year.
    03-07-12 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD