Thoughts??? Stocks are now on sale, save 20%. Okay, seriously....
    Just heard analysts say the new launch of OS7 phones should boost stocks this quarter and didn't have any effect on the last quarter earnings since it was only a few weeks in. They were saying the new phones are selling very well and also, if RIM were to get taken over(which they said was not likely), then shareholders should see payouts of about $40 per share. The analyst on the radio said next quarter earnings should be a lot better. So, having heard that, when is a good time to buy? Any thoughts?
    09-16-11 02:23 PM
    I've averaged out my purchase of RIM shares with this slump, and have advised others to purchase as well, This sell off was a knee j erk reaction to lower than expected earnings, lower than expected margins, and very low PlayBook sales,

The OS7 devices are giving RIM nice margins, the PlayBook is killing Margins, something pretty strongly believed here on the forums before the call,
    OS7 devices had a great sell through, for RIM products that is something we like to hear, and OS7 devices barely had time to sell in this last quarter. RIM has shown with OS7 devices they can get back in the game with hardware, so if Their commitment to building developer tools is as good as they say it will be and QNX devices are as well made as OS7 devices after the next earnings call share will have a reverse effect they have today.

I AM SURE that the BBM outage today has added to the negative effect of the stock keeping RIM in negative press today beyond just the sell off.
    09-16-11 04:09 PM
    Right now would be the perfect time to buy.

I have been keeping up with their stock. And this is the lowest it got.
    09-16-11 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD