OK so here's my story/question.

Back in June I bought an unlocked Curve 8320 from ebay. Got myself a bb data plan and haven't had a problem till about 3 weeks ago. I stopped getting any emails and I couldn't access the internet. Called up my provider and they checked everything and nothing was wrong from their end. So they transferred the call to RIM tech support and they couldn't figure out what was wrong. They told me they'll contact me within 48hrs about it. I then got a call back from RIM saying that my phone has been "modified" and they cannot re-activate BES for my phone. Basically according to them my phone is useless. I asked what was modified they said they can't tell me that. So what could possibly be the reason for them to not be able to active the BES ever again?

Now I'm stuck with a BB that does nothing a BB should do. My contract is not up yet so no luck in grabbing a cheap BB from any official provider. Anyone have any idea or have ever heard of this happening?
    11-14-09 07:56 PM
    Nothing to do with being unlocked. EVERY single phone RIM uses is unlocked, in the EU its required phones be sold unlocked. They gave you a BS reason. ALL RIM internal phones are also unlocked.
    11-14-09 08:05 PM
    OH! So maybe I should call them back again...
    11-14-09 08:16 PM
    Well lets try here first. What is your issue you are having.
    11-14-09 08:17 PM
    sounds like maybe after you got it from ebay, the seller claimed it to be lost/stolen. sounds like the PIN is blocked.
    11-14-09 08:19 PM
    sounds like maybe after you got it from ebay, the seller claimed it to be lost/stolen. sounds like the PIN is blocked.
    That was my guess too. I get ALL of my T-Mobile BlackBerrys unlocked. That isn't the problem. Someone reporting it stolen is another matter.
    11-14-09 08:37 PM
    I had the exact same problem, spent 3hrs on phone with AT&T tech and after he had tried everything he and 5 other techs could think of they passed me on to rim tech where i spent another 4 hrs noff and on. RIM tech then said he was going to get to the bottom of this problem if it took all weekend,which it darn near did. He called me sunday afternoon and said to try to send him an email and he would try to reply.Well it worked, tech said a message had got hung up in delivery and basically blocked all incoming and outgoing data, no internet,no emails, no texts, but I could make and receive calls. Very dedicated tech and he learned a lot more than he knew at the start. Call rim tech support again, Oh my bb is unlocked also
    11-14-09 08:41 PM
    I kinda doubt it was reported stolen. The seller is more like a distributor type than an individual. Plus it was working perfectly fine for 6 months, so why now?

Bascially my BB still can make and recieve calls, just everything that has to do with data aren't working. Strangely enough I still have one email icon showing.
    11-14-09 09:14 PM
    I had the exact same problem, spent 3hrs on phone with AT&T tech and after he had tried everything he and 5 other techs could think of they passed me on to rim tech where i spent another 4 hrs noff and on. RIM tech then said he was going to get to the bottom of this problem if it took all weekend,which it darn near did. He called me sunday afternoon and said to try to send him an email and he would try to reply.Well it worked, tech said a message had got hung up in delivery and basically blocked all incoming and outgoing data, no internet,no emails, no texts, but I could make and receive calls. Very dedicated tech and he learned a lot more than he knew at the start. Call rim tech support again, Oh my bb is unlocked also

Seems very likely I'm having the same problem. Though I was able to send texts still.... hmm
    11-14-09 09:15 PM
    Top right corner of the device, what is your network connection saying? is it all caps EDGE?
    11-14-09 09:16 PM
    If it doesn't say edge you won't get an internet connection. If it is saying GSM that would be the case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 10:19 PM
    If it doesn't say GSM, GPRS or EDGE in capital letters, you arent connected to RIM servers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

fixed that for you....

you can still have an internet connection over GSM/GPRS speed networks. if your blackberry data isnt operating (which will make the network show in capital letters) then you wont have any connection.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 11-14-09 at 10:55 PM.
    11-14-09 10:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD