I Did a considerable amount of reading before I deceided to post this...With all the stuff coming out, Especially the iPhone 3GS, and the stability of the iPhone...Why hasn't Rim turned back to their OS'S instead of building new devices, and Work out ALL of the Kinks to make ONE Solid OS, for all the phones, Rather than just partial OS's that always have to be updated??

Seems to not make any sense to me that they're focused on New Devices, Yet The OS's (for the most part) Still, Kinda Stink...
    08-03-09 12:08 PM
    Uhm you said you did a considerable amount of reading, then I dont know how you missed it, but thats what RIM is doing, its called OS 5.

Since you mention the iPhone, you do realize they JUST got MMS, copy and paste? Why not ask an iPhone user how their multitasking is without jailbreaking.

Yes there are things that the iPhone has over the BB, and one day it would seem nice to have RIM catch up, OpenGL anyone?
    Last edited by Shao128; 08-03-09 at 12:17 PM.
    08-03-09 12:15 PM
    Uhm you said you did a considerable amount of reading, then I dont know how you missed it, but thats what RIM is doing, its called OS 5.
    Even with 5.0, It seems that They're still behind in Stability...Maybe it's just me, but IT really does seem like the OS's are lagging behind..

And I realize that with the iPhone, And being as it's (the iphone) not designed around a "Business" market like the BB's are, They're not completely up with EVERYTHING like the BB's, But they still seem more stable
    08-03-09 12:21 PM
    Even with 5.0, It seems that They're still behind in Stability...Maybe it's just me, but IT really does seem like the OS's are lagging behind..
    Ok now that really doesn't make any sense, OS 5 isn't even out. How can you compare the stability of a product that isnt even finished?
    Last edited by Shao128; 08-03-09 at 12:30 PM.
    08-03-09 12:24 PM
    I think he meant to say the new OS they are working on is 5.2, which aside from a very select few the most we have seen lieaked or heard talked about is 5.1.xxx for the storm 2 I believe.

Just wanted to clarify the 5.2 is supposed to be for most/all phones I belive. 5.0 is still the same OS now but the idea is to put it on most phones as well so at least with versions numbers the phones are some what uniform plus they have made some big strieds in the 4.7 and 5.0 worl that would be nice on some of the 4.5 and such phones but not everyone phone will get 5.0 either.
    Last edited by Rynac; 08-03-09 at 12:30 PM.
    08-03-09 12:25 PM

Since you mention the iPhone, you do realize they JUST got MMS, copy and paste? Why not ask an iPhone user how their multitasking is without jailbreaking.

Yes there are things that the iPhone has over the BB, and one day it would seem nice to have RIM catch up, OpenGL anyone?
    HAHA and the iphone users don't have MMS or Copy and Paste UNLESS they bought the new iphone 3g S! Big crock a ****! lmfao!
    08-03-09 12:58 PM
    I don't think RIM is dat much behind in OS, I actually like the OS no problems @ all bsides a lil memory leak here n der, what dey are far behind is in the BROWSER!! They desperatly need a better browser!
    08-03-09 01:01 PM
    Yeah it is obvious that you did not do enough research. Ok so yes they are working on the OS5 platform sometime in between the beginning of fall and the release of storm 2. It will ALWAYS be the same OS no matter what platform. It will always be the Blackberry OS. Just like windows is always windows android is always android. BUT there will be major changes to the OS.RIM has created a stable operating. And the reason why you keep seeing updates isn't because the OS sucks its because that's what they do with smartphones to keep them smart. The RIM os isn't super flashy but its not behind. The fact that it can multi task alone makes it far more advances in OS than most other phone systems. The hardware is REALLY advanced to be able to support a multi tasking OS without catching fire or overheating. Be patient for OS five it will be a great step forward for blackberry.
    08-03-09 01:12 PM
    Yeah it is obvious that you did not do enough research. Ok so yes they are working on the OS5 platform sometime in between the beginning of fall and the release of storm 2. It will ALWAYS be the same OS no matter what platform. It will always be the Blackberry OS. Just like windows is always windows android is always android. BUT there will be major changes to the OS.RIM has created a stable operating. And the reason why you keep seeing updates isn't because the OS sucks its because that's what they do with smartphones to keep them smart. The RIM os isn't super flashy but its not behind. The fact that it can multi task alone makes it far more advances in OS than most other phone systems. The hardware is REALLY advanced to be able to support a multi tasking OS without catching fire or overheating. Be patient for OS five it will be a great step forward for blackberry.
    I agree with this. Multi-tasking on a handheld device IS a big deal, and RIM has made a stable OS that can handle it. IPhone can't even come close to this accomplishment.
    08-03-09 01:19 PM
    one solid OS? really? I hope you're not in software development, because that's not something any developer would post IMO.

One solid OS for multiple devices with multiple hardware configs, drivers, etc? And you're comparing it to the iPhone which has only one current model?
    08-03-09 01:20 PM
    Another classic CB thread.
    08-03-09 01:27 PM
    HAHA and the iphone users don't have MMS or Copy and Paste UNLESS they bought the new iphone 3g S! Big crock a ****! lmfao!
    .....Also last I heard that even the new iphone isn't able to use the MMS feature yet, I think the reason is AT&T's fault on that not being able to be used yet though .
    08-03-09 01:28 PM
    5.0 isnt even that much of an improvement from what I've heard. Either way, RIM is still light years behind.
    08-03-09 01:46 PM
    Actually all iPhones now have those capabilities, AT&T hasent enabled MMS and tethering yet. The only real difference is the hardware.
    08-03-09 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD