RIM see USA. See USA run to apple and android. Run run run.

RIM see Apple and Android. See Apple and Android take users. Take take take.

RIM see Enterprise. Enterprise using BYOD. BYOD BYOD BYOD.

RIM see apps you have not. Apps apps apps.

RIM see Apple and Android commercials. Sell sell sell.

RIM see your commercials. Dumb dumb dumb.

RIM see Windows 8 on your heals. Right behind right behind right behind.

RIM see the clock tic. Tic tic tic.

RIM see PlayBook OS. Awesome awesome awesome.

RIM see PlayBook OS needs function. Function function function.

RIM see Apple and Android fix problems in a short time frame. Fix fix fix.

RIM see Apple and Android update old devices. Update update update.

RIM see your faithful users declining . Declining declining declining.

RIM see what Apple and Android can do. Can do can do can do.

RIM see what RIM can't do. Can't do can't do can't do.

RIM see what Apple and Android users want. Want want want.

RIM give users what they want and more. More more more.

RIM You have the ball. Please don't take it and go home. Get in the game before no one wants to play, a little faster please.
    avt123 likes this.
    04-14-12 12:08 PM
    *snaps*

Sent via tapatalk using the Samsung Galaxy Note
    04-14-12 12:16 PM
    Ummm..... Nice post... but a few gaps....

Updates on Andoid OS on phones and tablets... really!!!!! There are so many flavors of Android OS and most never get updated.. ummmmmm

Need to crawl out from my rock.... have seen few Apple adds lately and cannot remember that last Android add I have seen.... ummmm

Just visited the Windows 8 apps store.... 90 whole apps as of present... ummm....

When you can get Apple to stop blaming it's user's for their issues.... they do get updates out... but does not alway's fix the issue...... Andorid update's.... never seen one for my neighhbors Android phone.... ummmm.....

Make no mistake... RIM is the author of their own msfortune.... and need only to look in the mrror to see what happened......

What has Apple and Android actually done in the last year that is innovative... high res screen that runs hot.... ummmm......

One place Apple did well is backward compatability.... Android RIM and Microsoft could learn a lesson.... ummmm
    Last edited by dbmalloy; 04-14-12 at 12:26 PM.
    04-14-12 12:24 PM
    See thread. Read thread till 3rd line. Comment on only reading to 3rd line. Browser Back. Browser Back. Browser Back.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-14-12 12:30 PM
    Ummm..... Nice post... but a few gaps....

Updates on Andoid OS on phones and tablets... really!!!!! There are so many flavors of Android OS and most never get updated.. ummmmmm

Need to crawl out from my rock.... have seen few Apple adds lately and cannot remember that last Android add I have seen.... ummmm

Just visited the Windows 8 apps store.... 90 whole apps as of present... ummm....

When you can get Apple to stop blaming it's user's for their issues.... they do get updates out... but does not alway's fix the issue...... Andorid update's.... never seen one for my neighhbors Android phone.... ummmm.....

Make no mistake... RIM is the author of their own msfortune.... and need only to look in the mrror to see what happened......

What has Apple and Android actually done in the last year that is innovative... high res screen that runs hot.... ummmm......

One place Apple did well is backward compatability.... Android RIM and Microsoft could learn a lesson.... ummmm
    You and I may agree on some things and I do like my devices without some of the things. But I think I'm in the minority in the USA. iPhone 3 gets the newest OS. Even if Android is slow for some devices either they still get them or the alternate community supplies it.

I'm not disputing that RIM did it to themselves. It will take RIM to get them out of it also. I don't want to be in that minority that slowly dies off and see my favorite mobile devices go away.
    04-14-12 12:36 PM
    rawr
    Actually Android and Microsoft both do a dandy job of updating their platforms & handling backwards compatibility. Especially in terms of backwards compatibility (notice how in both ecosystems apps and mods works the same regardless if OS version, unlike bbos). For android, not every device may be on the latest os version, but its a far cry from how rim handles updates. Most android manufacturers do also have plans for updates on their current devices though, which rim doesn't. & At the very least these tthings can be compromised by applying the update yourself.

Sent via tapatalk using the Samsung Galaxy Note
    avt123 likes this.
    04-14-12 12:50 PM
    Do more research. Android gets updated. It's the carriers/manufacturers that are slow to push them out. Not Androids fault, but the carriers/manufacturers.

Really? Have't seen one of the Note commercial that are on all the time? No Motorola commercials? No commercials of Verizon promoting the LG Android device? I see them all the time and I barely watch TV.

Andorid update's.... never seen one for my neighhbors Android phone.... ummmm.....
    Again, blame the carrier/manufacturer. Want fast updates with no carrier intervention? Buy an iPhone or a Galaxy Nexus. My Nexus has been updated multiple times and it came out in December.

I don't know, put out devices with current technology? Continue to have a modern UI (iOS needs a makeover soon)? Continue to have the best ecosystems? Android has added many new features, same with Apple. They might not be on the level of innovation you are seeking, but it is there.

If you expect these companies to release devices every year with the type of innovation the first iPhone and BlackBerry brought to the industry, you are kidding yourself.

What does this even mean? Many of the older Android devices CAN run the newest version of Android, the manufacturers just do not update it because the user experience might not be as smooth, and because the newest version of Android is on their newer devices.

If you want the newest version of Android, you do NOT need Google, your carrier or your manufacturer to put it on for you. You can do it yourself or find a developer who is making ROMs. If you do not want to do this, that is fine, but it is an option if you feel like your carrier/manufacturer is screwing you.

Android needs to learn nothing about backwards compatibility. You need to learn more about this subject because you obviously have no clue about what you are talking about. The Samsung Nexus S can run ICS, but the same exact phone (basically), the Galaxy S didn't get upgraded to ICS.

So, ummmmmmmmmm, blame the manufacturer, k?
    Last edited by avt123; 04-14-12 at 12:53 PM.
    atrclpv likes this.
    04-14-12 12:51 PM
    I like it kbz1960

Heavily condescending in its childish verse.

RIM should tape this up on their lunchroom refrigerators.
    04-14-12 01:17 PM
    Do more research. Android gets updated. It's the carriers/manufacturers that are slow to push them out. Not Androids fault, but the carriers/manufacturers.

Really? Have't seen one of the Note commercial that are on all the time? No Motorola commercials? No commercials of Verizon promoting the LG Android device? I see them all the time and I barely watch TV.

Again, blame the carrier/manufacturer. Want fast updates with no carrier intervention? Buy an iPhone or a Galaxy Nexus. My Nexus has been updated multiple times and it came out in December.

I don't know, put out devices with current technology? Continue to have a modern UI (iOS needs a makeover soon)? Continue to have the best ecosystems? Android has added many new features, same with Apple. They might not be on the level of innovation you are seeking, but it is there.

If you expect these companies to release devices every year with the type of innovation the first iPhone and BlackBerry brought to the industry, you are kidding yourself.

What does this even mean? Many of the older Android devices CAN run the newest version of Android, the manufacturers just do not update it because the user experience might not be as smooth, and because the newest version of Android is on their newer devices.

If you want the newest version of Android, you do NOT need Google, your carrier or your manufacturer to put it on for you. You can do it yourself or find a developer who is making ROMs. If you do not want to do this, that is fine, but it is an option if you feel like your carrier/manufacturer is screwing you.

Android needs to learn nothing about backwards compatibility. You need to learn more about this subject because you obviously have no clue about what you are talking about. The Samsung Nexus S can run ICS, but the same exact phone (basically), the Galaxy S didn't get upgraded to ICS.

So, ummmmmmmmmm, blame the manufacturer, k?
    Great post!

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    avt123 likes this.
    04-14-12 01:52 PM
    Dumb thread delete delete delete...about apple I don't give a sheet sheet sheet...
    04-14-12 02:11 PM
    Dumb thread delete delete delete...about apple I don't give a sheet sheet sheet...
    This thread isn't about Apple. This thread is about how RIM can learn from the competition if they want to remain a major player in the game.

Reading comprehension ftw.

Apple is mentioned and all of a sudden the rest of the post is forgotten. I guess you didn't see Android in there as well? It's not like this thread is about Apple news that always gets posted in the BB News and Rumors section.

And you should give a sheet sheet sheet about the competition. Without them, your BB would still look like it is from 2007 and all these great mobile advancements may not have happened as quickly.

Added touch functionality? Direct result of the success of the competition. People want touchscreens.

The Storm? Direct result of the competition.

Faster hardware? Direct result of the competition. How much do you want to bet if these other high end devices didn't push the bar higher, the newest BB would probably still be using the same Marvell processor it was using since the 9000? I mean, they were happy with it for 4 years, why not a few more?

Acquiring QNX and TAT and the creation of BB10? The direct result of the competition.

The PlayBook? Direct result of the success of the competitions tablets.

A webkit browser? Direct result of the competition.

The competition matters.

Also, the title mentioned Apple in it, yet you do not care but chose to respond? Why? You contributed nothing to this thread and bashed kbz1960's thread. Awesome.
    Last edited by avt123; 04-14-12 at 03:05 PM.
    vrs626 likes this.
    04-14-12 03:03 PM
    I guess those that didn't grow up with and Jane in grade school won't get that connection.

It isn't about Apple other than competition and what people are buying. It's about me wanting to see RIM step it up a little faster and get the things the majority wants and not the minority. Do I need everything, nope. Do I want everything for those that do even if I may not use it, yep. I want RIM around so my favorite OS stays around and evolves to where it is going.

I'm starting to fear if it takes too long it isn't going to matter and I'll be forced to choose something else. That and I was in a goofy mood.
    avt123 likes this.
    04-14-12 05:37 PM
    Rim needs to learn from Rim,not the bitten fruit and the star wars robot.
    04-14-12 09:24 PM
    I guess those that didn't grow up with and Jane in grade school won't get that connection.

It isn't about Apple other than competition and what people are buying. It's about me wanting to see RIM step it up a little faster and get the things the majority wants and not the minority. Do I need everything, nope. Do I want everything for those that do even if I may not use it, yep. I want RIM around so my favorite OS stays around and evolves to where it is going.

I'm starting to fear if it takes too long it isn't going to matter and I'll be forced to choose something else. That and I was in a goofy mood.
    RIM is working their asses off in getting all the features you do not need, just be patient. It is a new OS and hopefully by 2020 you will get all the features.
    04-14-12 09:49 PM
    Rim needs to learn from Rim,not the bitten fruit and the star wars robot.
    OK Jim. If RIM learns from RIM you would still be using a phone that can text, email and barely surf for something. I know they are learning and headed in the right direction. But if RIM learns from itself they will never be anything but a very small player or dead. BB10 is going to be awesome but that isn't going to matter if it doesn't have all of the BBOS function and yes the apps that everyone else has.

I think that it is pretty obvious that they are loosing customers esp in the USA. Yes I know they gain customers all the time in other countries but at the same time so are the others. And when people see others with other devices doing things they can not and would love to how long are they going to stay?

While some of us love what we have I'm not sure it's enough to keep the doors open when the people keep leaving so they can play words with friends or use skype to talk with friends and family and on and on. If they can without all of that great.
    04-15-12 07:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD