08-17-10 06:32 PM
    I haven't tried the Torch, but I am huge fan of my BB...would never want an iphone! I think RIM is making great phones...just different from the iphone.
    08-17-10 06:44 PM
    I thought the Curve series was the consumer end product?
    08-17-10 06:46 PM
    Amazon was selling the torch for $99 since launch day so i wouldn't call that a price cut. 150,000 units is pretty much what the other carriers been selling on weekend launches with their high end phones also, so i wouldn't call this phone a complete fail.
    08-17-10 07:10 PM
    08-17-10 07:18 PM
    Sorry, I just figured since it was published online and all...
    08-17-10 07:18 PM
    Haha, made me chuckle D_March

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-10 07:28 PM
    oh boy you better watch out, the 15 people that own a Torch 9800 on this forum are going to come after and bash you skull in...lol because they think its the best phone on earth. no one wants to admit to paying full price for a flop and too see the price drop a week later.

"Why should we write the Torch’s obituary right now? First, it recieved bad reviews left and right and Amazon cut the Torch’s price in half on launch to $100 with two year contract. The last phone that got a price cut so quickly was probably the KIN, and we all know how that turned out."
    08-17-10 09:37 PM
    For the last time people RIM HAS NOT cut the price. Amazon and a few others have been selling it for $99 since launch day. Get a clue before you rant on about a price drop or cut.
    08-17-10 09:46 PM
    Once again a copy and paste poor journalism online that you people take as Gospel.
    08-17-10 09:49 PM
    I don't listen to anyone who not only says the 9700 is a POS, but also then keeps it and waits a year for an upgrade as opposed to selling it and getting what you want. The constant martyr, seeking failure where success is within reach.
    08-17-10 09:55 PM
    I don't listen to anyone who not only says the 9700 is a POS, but also then keeps it and waits a year for an upgrade as opposed to selling it and getting what you want. The constant martyr, seeking failure where success is within reach.
    Not only that hangs around here bashing BB and the great forum we all love....
    08-17-10 09:57 PM
    I like bb's. I have had the 8330 8530 and now the 9650. Unfortunately I think the engadget's review said it best

"The Torch seems sluggish, underpowered, and dated from a hardware design standpoint, and BlackBerry 6, despite its new features and polish, still feels woefully behind the curve. To call the Torch the "best BlackBerry ever" wouldn't be an understatement, but unfortunately for RIM and the faithful, their best isn't nearly good enough"

08-17-10 10:59 PM
    Another pointless thread. Smh.
    08-17-10 11:05 PM
    actually i have an iphone4 unlocked... all of my phone are purchased out of contract. i don't sit around waiting for an upgrade so, i'm waiting for my contract to end so I can switch cell providers. you know what they say about people who make assumptions. and on a side not i've spent a lot 3hrs total messing with 9800 on several occasions its not all that, its "blah" after you get past the cool new theme. you'll see that its the same old slow OS.

its funny how some people think everyone on the internet that doesn't write a pro 9800 article doesn't know what they're talking about or is anti-RIM. Its funny how no one on here noticed the 9800 writeup on the main page with the list of pro's and con's the cons are the same things that other articles mean yet since the article is written by crackberry no one see's the cons as a negative thing.
    08-18-10 03:26 AM
    And it's funny how ppeople who continue to quote a misleading article about purported price cuts that has since been publicly corrected continue to perpetuate that error.
    I see nothing lame about the device - it works beautifully. I don't base my perceptions on articles or reviews. If it's in my hand and I like what it does, I keep it. The iPhone is wildly popular yet I returned it because it did not work for me. I would not spend $0.01 on an Android device.
    All those articles are writers' opinions and people are touting them as fact. Or they're looking at a spec sheet and judging the device without owning it. And they're the SAME people who said in the past that "it's all about the user experience" when defending their iPhones against the Android devices that are kicking Apple's a$$.
    Love my Torch. Works beautifully. It's a joy to own.

08-18-10 04:40 AM
    I'd love to sell my 9700. The problem is is that I can't because when you by through a carrier employee, the phone then cannot be sold unless that employee has moved on. So selling is not always a choice for everyone.

08-18-10 07:36 AM
    Putting out a non competitive phone hurts RIM in many ways. I feel like app developers are not giving RIM 100%. It looks like the best apps are on android and apple. When you have the same app on blackberry as android its not as good. Also the same app on android is cheaper and/or free. Not to mention I'm running out of people too bbm.

08-18-10 08:04 AM
    Devgod its not an assumption its what you wrote next to your avatar for device. I have no idea why I had to explain that to you. Kbear that sucks for you but you made that choice.

08-18-10 08:14 AM
    Putting out a non competitive phone hurts RIM in many ways. I feel like app developers are not giving RIM 100%. It looks like the best apps are on android and apple. When you have the same app on blackberry as android its not as good. Also the same app on android is cheaper and/or free.
    You're 100% right. I have contacted the developers of two BB apps that I've purchased to suggest improvements. In both cases they told me point blank that even though they liked my suggestions, that the device simply isn't fast enough to pull it off. Apps with these features are a dime a dozen on the iPhone.
    08-18-10 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD