Rural broadband is very slow, my speed is 1.6 my 3G is faster then that. And I'm not that far outside the city, not even 10 miles.
    You need to be within ~5miles of a (GSM) cell tower to get decent 3g speeds so yes you are far from the cell towers if you're even approaching 7-10 miles out of the city.

A lot of people don't really complain about LTE simply because they have no reason to complain about it. Not everyone keeps their phone off a charger for 12 hours when they can easily charge it for 1-2 hours when they're doing something at work, driving, on the Amtrak, etc. for free and not have any issues basically ever.

Even on a non-LTE phone if you use the phone heavily the battery will drain quickly, especially when it comes to web surfing and watching streaming video...
    03-19-12 01:14 PM
    You need to be within ~5miles of a (GSM) cell tower to get decent 3g speeds so yes you are far from the cell towers if you're even approaching 7-10 miles out of the city.

A lot of people don't really complain about LTE simply because they have no reason to complain about it. Not everyone keeps their phone off a charger for 12 hours when they can easily charge it for 1-2 hours when they're doing something at work, driving, on the Amtrak, etc. for free and not have any issues basically ever.

Even on a non-LTE phone if you use the phone heavily the battery will drain quickly, especially when it comes to web surfing and watching streaming video...
    I was talking about land line internet, not mobile.
    03-19-12 02:07 PM
    Rural broadband is very slow, my speed is 1.6 my 3G is faster then that. And I'm not that far outside the city, not even 10 miles.
    Really? I thought the most of the developed world is covered with high speed Internet?
    03-23-12 12:18 AM
    A pig that sells devices. Even I, who admittedly doesn't really use it for battery concerns, readily acknowledge that it seems to sell devices, and that RIM, IMHO, needs to leverage.

Give people the option. Let them turn it off if they don't want it.
    The only reason it "sells devices" is because 4G devices are pretty much all that the biggest US carriers are pushing these days (the exception that proves the rule being the iPhone). Customers aren't naturally gravitating towards LTE, but the salespeople are pushing them there, because that is what their bosses have told them to do.
    03-23-12 12:33 AM
    Really? I thought the most of the developed world is covered with high speed Internet?
    Geographically, not even Most of Canada is covered with highspeed internet service.
    03-23-12 04:37 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD