Hi All,

Not new but first time posting a message. Sorry if this question was asked before but I didn't find any past topic on this problem.

Hope you all can help me with my strange and perplexing problem.

Okay, not sure what's up with this but last Friday (Feb 26th) I went to my BB messenger to send out a message to a friend when I saw I had 2 new messages. I noticed that each one duplicated the other. They both had the same time sent. The messages read, "Congratulations. Your new email account will be activated in 20 minutes" but the problem being here is.... I didn't open a new email account with them.

Not sure what was going on but just in case I was being hacked, I deleted my one and only account and then saved the messages to my BB, at which time I took them to T-Mo and told them what happen...No one there actually had any idea what I was talking about and looked at the 2 saved messages. The said "they think Rim was doing some updating and that maybe the reason why I received the Congratulation messages and they thanked me for bringing it to their attention...yada yada yada"

To be honest, I am not at all happy with that answer. SO...has anyone else received this type of messages from Rim about opening up an new email account when you know you didn't?? Should I be worried or not worried?? Please help me... ...Thank You.
    03-02-10 05:55 PM
    I also got the new email messages, but in all fairness I had just loaded a few new apps onto the phone and reloaded some other items. for me it wasnt on the 26th but I think it was the 20th.
    03-02-10 07:06 PM
    On the 27th I had to re-verify all my email accounts on my bb.
    03-02-10 09:41 PM
    rim is probably doing some maintenance work.
    03-02-10 09:44 PM
    rim is probably doing some maintenance work.
    Hopefully testing/prep for BIS 3.x
    03-02-10 11:16 PM
    Do you have two e-mail accounts of your own on the phone already? Those are just the e-mails that are sent out when the phone is re-registered to the network, probably due to maintenance. If you only have one, it could just be a double pushed message(or one plus one of of those tmo.blackberry emails maybe?)
    Last edited by cdowner; 03-03-10 at 11:12 AM.
    03-03-10 11:10 AM
    Hi All,

Not new but first time posting a message. Sorry if this question was asked before but I didn't find any past topic on this problem.

Hope you all can help me with my strange and perplexing problem.

Okay, not sure what's up with this but last Friday (Feb 26th) I went to my BB messenger to send out a message to a friend when I saw I had 2 new messages. I noticed that each one duplicated the other. They both had the same time sent. The messages read, "Congratulations. Your new email account will be activated in 20 minutes" but the problem being here is.... I didn't open a new email account with them.

Not sure what was going on but just in case I was being hacked, I deleted my one and only account and then saved the messages to my BB, at which time I took them to T-Mo and told them what happen...No one there actually had any idea what I was talking about and looked at the 2 saved messages. The said "they think Rim was doing some updating and that maybe the reason why I received the Congratulation messages and they thanked me for bringing it to their attention...yada yada yada"

To be honest, I am not at all happy with that answer. SO...has anyone else received this type of messages from Rim about opening up an new email account when you know you didn't?? Should I be worried or not worried?? Please help me... ...Thank You.
    Log into your BIS account and see how many email addresses show up there, you should have your blackberry.net address and whatever personal email addresses you use.
    03-03-10 11:15 AM
    Like others have said it was probably scheduled work just had to verify to phone, you should be able to see the accounts registered through BIS
    03-03-10 11:21 AM
    Hi All again...Thanks for all your help. Wasn't sure what was going on with my email. Got a little scared when I saw those 2 emails. You all have just made me feel like I can breathe again. Can't thank you enough. Now I can set up a new BB email.

My computer just got hacked by my soon to be ex hubby and I thought the little so and so, was trying to hack my BB email too.

I only have 2 other regular email accounts (Yahoo and Google) and the one email account with BB that I deleted. Nothing was odd about them Just the BB account.

Thanks again and I hope you all have a good evening.
    03-03-10 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD