someone put rubber on it...then someone put air inside the rubber.
    Then somebody overinflated it and blew the **** out it, deafening everyone in the shop
    BBBBBBOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-11 03:28 PM
    someone put rubber on it...then someone put air inside the rubber.
    Then someone drove onto a couple of lunch trays and set the parking brake...

01-09-11 03:35 PM
    Then somebody overinflated it and blew the **** out it, deafening everyone in the shop
    BBBBBBOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!

hmmm... I get the distinct impression that you speak from experience. LOL!!
    01-09-11 03:38 PM
    Lol, all this money spent on smartphones and we still can't figure out a tire that doesn't puncture

01-09-11 03:54 PM
    Lol, all this money spent on smartphones and we still can't figure out a tire that doesn't puncture

there ARE run-flat tires: Run-flat tire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Furthermore, I run Slime in my bike tires, to prevent the ever-present thorns from ruining a bike ride. works great, as long as you don't rely on it for more than about 2 years. after a few years, it won't properly seal punctures.
    01-09-11 03:57 PM

Furthermore, I run Slime in my bike tires, to prevent the ever-present thorns from ruining a bike ride. works great, as long as you don't rely on it for more than about 2 years. after a few years, it won't properly seal punctures.
    Yea but where are they? They must've been held back just like the electric car lol

01-09-11 04:03 PM

I love slime! Nothing worse than getting caught 40k out on a ride and having your second tire go flat after already using your spare.
    1812dave likes this.
    01-09-11 04:04 PM
    This got off-topic in a hurry. lol
    01-09-11 04:06 PM
    I love slime! Nothing worse than getting caught 40k out on a ride and having your second tire go flat after already using your spare.
    Tire repair men hate with a passion though lol

01-09-11 04:08 PM
    I noticed that. It seems RIM was so adamant about releasing that PlayBook, but with the upcoming release of Android 3.0 no one cares. Between the iPad and the stacks of Android tablets I can't see the PlayBook making very many sales. It's not the lack of new features that's killing RIM, it's the hesitation of developers to make apps. The number of decent BlackBerry apps can easily fit on one hand.
    Again..."killing RIM"??....come on, think of what you're saying! RIM is more alive than ever -- jeebus...it's a bloody broken record here -- RIM is stronger and bigger than ever! keep the debate to reality at LEAST...
    01-09-11 04:14 PM
    Again..."killing RIM"??....come on, think of what you're saying! RIM is more alive than ever -- jeebus...it's a bloody broken record here -- RIM is stronger and bigger than ever! keep the debate to reality at LEAST...
    Just because Chrysler rose from the ashes years ago, and GM recently came back from the brink, it isn't a given that every large, well known company will survive indefinitely. I'm not suggesting the imminent demise of RIM, but then again, given their lack of new product, I'm inclined to become disinterested in their viability, as it's rapidly becoming irrelevant to me.
    01-09-11 04:24 PM
    that's fine -- irrelevant to you doesn't mean anything -- I'm defending in terms sales, momentum international presence, etc. RIM is not doing well because it's "well known" per se (though that's a can of worms re: marketing that should have it's own thread). RIM is doing as phenomenally well today as it is because is it continues to execute very well as the premier North American solution. It's behind Nokia internationally and recognizes the competition beneath it (Apple, Google) and although YOU haven't had a knock on your door for a hand delivered upgrade to your Storm 2 it really is working hard to step it to the next level for it's rapidly expanding consumer base while keeping to it's values.
    01-09-11 04:54 PM
    i love all the `no apps for playbook` comments, if anybody can PROVE by FACT there are only a few apps, then speak up now....

exactly, nobody outside of (im guessing) RIM alone knows how many apps have been a) submitted and b) approved. so its totally a moot point as it doesnt run on the RIM OS as any apps you`ll see in appworld currently, so thats no a quantifiable data point to use.

id also like to link this youtube video, which shows just how easy it is to port an app from iOS and/or android (note also the desktop version runs from the same base files) across to the playbook using FB4.

so the simple reality is any dev who has made their application in this fashion can in a small ammount of time (like literally no time at all) port their app/game across to PB, add to that the FREE submissions to appworld, then add the FREE playbook offer, and show me any dev out there who`s gonna realistically turn down a free device and an extra income stream.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    01-09-11 04:56 PM
    i love all the `no apps for playbook` comments, if anybody can PROVE by FACT there are only a few apps, then speak up now....

exactly, nobody outside of (im guessing) RIM alone knows how many apps have been a) submitted and b) approved. so its totally a moot point as it doesnt run on the RIM OS as any apps you`ll see in appworld currently, so thats no a quantifiable data point to use.

id also like to link this youtube video, which shows just how easy it is to port an app from iOS and/or android (note also the desktop version runs from the same base files) across to the playbook using FB4.

so the simple reality is any dev who has made their application in this fashion can in a small ammount of time (like literally no time at all) port their app/game across to PB, add to that the FREE submissions to appworld, then add the FREE playbook offer, and show me any dev out there who`s gonna realistically turn down a free device and an extra income stream.
    I know I'm opening myself up here for flaming of monumental proportions, but I'm sure folks really understand it's not about who's winning the app-race anyways! I understand the interest in apps, but is it clear to folks that apps are the crutch to keep today's devices interesting? For the ipad, clearly, apps are the Flash-crutch. With fully capable devices (ie proper browser, POSIX, fast processing, proper multitasking, etc.) applications become VERY much less interesting.

So cool -- apps are going to be around a while, but I'm more interested in a highly capable communications device, and while iphone really did create a super-market for apps, I really believe apps are the fad of the past couple and the next couple of years. When the devices can do what the desktop can, then apps become a marginalized niche. I'll take a shortcut to NHL.com over an app that only does some of what the full blown web site is capable of any time
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    01-09-11 05:06 PM
    no doubt once its out the apps will come, pricing will be another big factor i think too. Android and iOS have advantage that most apps that run on their phones will also run on the ipad and the android tablets so far. You dont have to buy them twice, i THINK, im not sure about apple since i dont own anything recent from them. For PB anything you buy will be brand new unless they run some emulator mode or something for older apps, but some of those are PIN based and then you couldnt run those anyway. Just more things we have to wait and see about.
    Last edited by howarmat; 01-09-11 at 05:27 PM.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    01-09-11 05:09 PM
    I know I'm opening myself up here for flaming of monumental proportions, but I'm sure folks really understand it's not about who's winning the app-race anyways! I understand the interest in apps, but is it clear to folks that apps are the crutch to keep today's devices interesting? For the ipad, clearly, apps are the Flash-crutch. With fully capable devices (ie proper browser, POSIX, fast processing, proper multitasking, etc.) applications become VERY much less interesting.

So cool -- apps are going to be around a while, but I'm more interested in a highly capable communications device, and while iphone really did create a super-market for apps, I really believe apps are the fad of the past couple and the next couple of years. When the devices can do what the desktop can, then apps become a marginalized niche. I'll take a shortcut to NHL.com over an app that only does some of what the full blown web site is capable of any time
    No flaming, You make and bring up an interesting point, At least where i am concerned. Thank you
    01-09-11 05:11 PM

na i dont think ya should get flamed, apps are important, just some more than others, which i guess depends on your useage of that given device`s OS.

for example on Win7 the `app` i use the most is the browser, yet i also use other apps such as theme builder, excell, media player and goodness knows whatever games i have installed.
    when people think of an app on a phone they totally distance it from an application on a pc, yet with the complexity and diversity of apps available for phones and tablets nowadays that distance is continually shrinking.

yes as you say an `app` which is jst a launcher isnt really in `that sense` an app, however applications which suit the users NEEDS will always be around.

clear as mud right lol
    01-09-11 05:13 PM
    no doubt once its out the apps will come, pricing will be another big factor i think too. Android and iOS have advantage that most apps that run on there phones will also run on the ipad and the android tablets so far. You dont have to buy them twice, i THINK, im not sure about apple since i dont own anything recent from them. For PB anything you buy will be brand new unless they run some emulator mode or something for older apps, but some of those are PIN based and then you couldnt run those anyway. Just more things we have to wait and see about.
    yes for the mostpart your correct as you can switch you iOS apps between 5 (i think) different iDevices. that said some are iPad only and iPhone only. angry birds and angry birds HD for ipad are two different prices for example. but in the main case your totally right.

as to the pricing, people always say `RIM needs to sort the pricing on the apps` but thats not correct, the developer sets the price (as with any of the other mobile platforms too) so its in the devs hands what they charge you, not RIM`s.
    i will happily say though that iv noticed myself on appworld that a lower price (for myself this is $3 and under) will always generate more user interest than $6 items, so id always suggest to go for the `sell more at a lower price` than the `sell fewer at a higher price` as even though the end result could be the same, the audience (and potential future re-purchases) is far better
    01-09-11 05:20 PM
    good point -- I think of "apps" as neutered applications, largely used to support lack of some technology aspect we've come to take for granted on our desktops. So, sure, tablets (and future devices) will have apps, but they'll be more and more looking like the applications we've been using for 30 years. **** - I'm looking forward to hitting up bored.com when I want to waste time with my device/tablet, rather than download all kinds of specialized apps. So, what's happening is the gap is closing between mobile and desktop tech. I see the future gap being ONLY the screen size, and nothing more. And with a right-sized tablet, even this shortcoming in mobility will be very minor.
    01-09-11 05:20 PM

A classic example of the way apps have taken over and what clearly make the device and how major corporations are using them are as such...ex.
    Chevrolet Cruze their new car has come out with the Chevrolet App which runs the car, OnStar has had an app for their cars for some time now, Hyundai of all car companies has just launched an ultra luxury car up from their Sonata called Equus
    Hyundai Equus : | Hyundai
    They use the ipad as their owners manual, repair manual and 24/7 warranty that you get when you buy the car. 2 Models from 58,000 to 64,000 so another very interesting use of a tablet device. These examples go on and on and are not going to stop anytime soon. Schlage lock company will let you remote into your home and control temp settings and while most are Android but mainly Apple OS related this is why it is so lucrative foe devs and will continue to rule the devices as they grow with quad core proceesors and more internal memory moving forward.
    01-09-11 05:21 PM
    Huh?? what "RIM Structure" are you referring to? Developers set the price of their apps, in Appworld, as low as .99. RIM doesn't have anything to do with app prices...
    01-09-11 05:39 PM
    this is complete true. I hate RIMs structure, the android market is totally free of that crap. The dev prices it how they please and it works well. lots of 99 cent stuff and stuff that is a couple bucks more isnt wildly priced for what it is. Its better for everyone all around.
    But what actually IS RIM's structure? I don't understand, in comparison to the iTunes App Store (I had an iPod Touch so I drew on that as an example). I for one couldn't see a difference in structure. I read that it costs like �100 a month for every 5 apps you have in BlackBerry App World though. (so effectively �20/app/mth)
    01-09-11 05:42 PM
    yes for the mostpart your correct as you can switch you iOS apps between 5 (i think) different iDevices. that said some are iPad only and iPhone only. angry birds and angry birds HD for ipad are two different prices for example. but in the main case your totally right.

as to the pricing, people always say `RIM needs to sort the pricing on the apps` but thats not correct, the developer sets the price (as with any of the other mobile platforms too) so its in the devs hands what they charge you, not RIM`s.
    i will happily say though that iv noticed myself on appworld that a lower price (for myself this is $3 and under) will always generate more user interest than $6 items, so id always suggest to go for the `sell more at a lower price` than the `sell fewer at a higher price` as even though the end result could be the same, the audience (and potential future re-purchases) is far better
    I hated the way the price structure was originally when RIM came up with app world. i think it was 2.99 min or some crap like that or free. Other markets arent like that you can charge as much as you want and the devs set the pricing. Lots of 99 cent apps and the ones that are a couple bucks more are generally worth it. I think they have changed to 99 cent min now but i dont think there show be a minimum at all.
    01-09-11 05:54 PM
    Huh?? what "RIM Structure" are you referring to? Developers set the price of their apps, in Appworld, as low as .99. RIM doesn't have anything to do with app prices...
    But what actually IS RIM's structure? I don't understand, in comparison to the iTunes App Store (I had an iPod Touch so I drew on that as an example). I for one couldn't see a difference in structure. I read that it costs like �100 a month for every 5 apps you have in BlackBerry App World though. (so effectively �20/app/mth)
    lol you posted before i rewrote the post.
    01-09-11 05:55 PM
    lol you posted before i rewrote the post.
    Yeah -- I thought so (it's well known that .99 apps are okay in Appworld now).

AND -- as a fanboy, I humbly admit that the 2.99 min imposed by RIM was an error. Who says these companies don't error?? LOL. At least RIM has functioning alarms clocks and antennae and such...

NOW what we need is more fart sounds, beer glass and light saber apps. THAT will make RIM a LEADER! hehe...

Okay -- i really do wish I had Angry Birds...but again, in RIM's defense, Number Cruncher has completely taken over my life anyways. It's addictive -- Anyone want to start a thread as to what makes a game a high-quality experience?
    01-09-11 06:07 PM
470 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD