RIM will be announcing the most interesting lineup of devices yet in 2011, surpassing even the small-minded bashers' expectations on this board.

Don't ask me how I know (and yes, I DO know) because I wont tell you.
    Been here a couple of months, and this is your first post. I hope it happens, but I highly doubt that, and I won't be the only non-believer. And judging by RIM's past performances, that also adds to its unlikeliness.
    01-08-11 02:12 PM
    And I should say, that the perceived "slide" RIM is in, as people like to refer to, is interesting. I've never seen an operational slide pointing "up", which is precisely the direction RIM is heading in terms of success. This has never been untrue, since the initial BB was released. ****, even Storm continued to keep the direction positive. Good competitors (android, iphone) have done well in what can only be described as symbiotic competition, RIM begat the iphone, begat the droid, begat what you will see in 2011 from RIM...it's going to be a FUN year!!!
    01-08-11 02:13 PM
    Been here a couple of months, and this is your first post. I hope it happens, but I highly doubt that, and I won't be the only non-believer. And judging by RIM's past performances, that also adds to its unlikeliness.
    the perpetual jibberish on the discussion forums have finally sucked me in...what can I say...See my previous post regarding "past performance".
    01-08-11 02:16 PM
    LOL -- I'm sure you forum dudes don't like when people post in continual response to their own posts --- but I'm annoyed at my own errors:

- BB RIM has never experienced anything but growth/positive direction (my choice of words above implied the opposite).
    - of course, the jibberish, to which I'm now a contributor, HAS finally sucked me in...(get my grammar straight dagnabbit!)
    01-08-11 02:27 PM
    Yes it can, but not at the same time, in the real world you cant use one feature without another one to suffer, you cant, listen to music, take calls, read emails, navigate, browse, take photos all at the same time, you have to do it one by one, or maybe two at a push.
    Mosg of those things don't make any sense to do at the same time. Why would you want to take calls while listening to music, or browse while taking photos, etc?

A decent device can multitask very well, and handle quite a few things being open at a time.

As was pointed out, you can't use 2 separate devices very efficiently simultaneously anyway, especially when one of them is a larger/bulkier tablet you can't use with one hand.

RIM will continue to be successful internationally, just like Nokia. Loosing the US market is huge to any international company, but not an immediate reason a business will cease to exist. Long term though, loosing the US market will take its toll.
    Exactly. They won't cease to exist, but they might be very hard pressed to regain the US market they once had...

Threads like this have been popping up like crazy recently from people who just want their posts to be read. Let's all be realistic, RIM is a big enough company that it isn't going to be bought up by Google any time even remotely soon, nor is it going to lose enough market share to become obsolete. If you prefer the features offered by another OS then that's great, no one will fault you for that (unless it's iOS), but there's no need for slamming, for example, the BB OS just because you prefer Android.
    Why would Google even want to buy RIM? They may lose enough market share to make it very hard for them to bounce back in a very important market: the US.

The need to slam BB is because they can do better, we know they can do better, but they haven't or won't try and it is frustrating to see...

RIM will be announcing the most interesting lineup of devices yet in 2011, surpassing even the small-minded bashers' expectations on this board.

I sure won't be holding my breath on that one. Why bother posting silly rumors you won't bother to confirm to anyone how you allegedly know? Are you trying to become popular or something?

Pigs will finally fly in 2011. Don't ask how I know that because I won't tell you.

See how easy it is to make ridiulous, unsubstantiated claims?
    01-08-11 02:49 PM
    I never repeated any rumors. I spoke based on my personal knowledge of what will be coming in 2011. I'll not say how I know as it would be costly for me to do so.
    01-08-11 02:59 PM
    Why would Google even want to buy RIM? They may lose enough market share to make it very hard for them to bounce back in a very important market: the US.

The need to slam BB is because they can do better, we know they can do better, but they haven't or won't try and it is frustrating to see...
    Sorry, the Google comment may have seemed random, but it was in response to an earlier post in this thread in which a user suggested that as a possibility. I agree it's frustrating to see RIM not push out devices that match the tech specs of other companies, but slamming just brews fan-boy wars, and no one wants to hear a fan-boy rant. Forums are meant for creative, productive discussions and shouldn't be tarnished with a user's occasional desire to proclaim 'My phone's better than yours, so there'. I know my Torch's processor isn't as fast as an Android's, but it doesn't make me love my BlackBerry any less.
    Last edited by lieman; 01-08-11 at 03:10 PM.
    01-08-11 03:05 PM
    I never repeated any rumors. I spoke based on my personal knowledge of what will be coming in 2011. I'll not say how I know as it would be costly for me to do so.
    yeah in December 2011, RIM will finally release a new device. great "rumor"
    01-08-11 03:07 PM
    RIM, in about a month, is facing disaster on vz. In the vz forum, it is being said that the WSJ expects the iphone to be announced for sale on the vz network starting Feb 3. Imagine how hard it will be to sell a BB against the iphone and the new androids that have been announced. Especially since the S2 is still going for $199. What has RIM been thinking?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-11 03:30 PM
    the perpetual jibberish on the discussion forums have finally sucked me in...what can I say...See my previous post regarding "past performance".
    So after being sucked in by "perpetual jibberish" you respond by posting perpetual jibberish? You've got to stop this vicious cycle!
    01-08-11 03:35 PM
    If you won't tell us your source, then your claim is exactly that: an unsubstantiated rumor, which are a dime a dozen around here and worth less than the paper it's printed on. If unsubstantiated rumors are all you're going to post, why bother at all?
    01-08-11 03:41 PM

Sooo, by interesting you mean 4 OS6 refresh phones, yup that will totally be interesting, facepalm all up in this b!tch

I actually knew that too but I'll let everyone know HOW I know and that is a lil twitty bird told me
    01-08-11 03:42 PM
    RIM, in about a month, is facing disaster on vz. In the vz forum, it is being said that the WSJ expects the iphone to be announced for sale on the vz network starting Feb 3. Imagine how hard it will be to sell a BB against the iphone and the new androids that have been announced. Especially since the S2 is still going for $199. What has RIM been thinking?

I work for a Canadian wireless company, and almost all of our carriers up here support both iPhone and BlackBerry, yet I believe BlackBerry still commands a larger market share here than iPhone. Sure some of that's probably national pride, but Verizon getting the iPhone certainly won't spell the demise of BlackBerry.
    01-08-11 03:44 PM
    LOL - by your measure, the disaster has already occurred -- VZ sales of BB have dropped to a very low level. Yet the slide continues to point upward. Don't get me wrong -- the comp is good. But RIM is simply growing and growing and growing...and an accelerating rate. And it's doing so with outdated tech -- imagine what enhancing the R&D staff with a supporting cast of new thinking will bring? Oh yeah -- it's been done. QNX, TAT to name a couple, are now on the team. Like I said, 2011 is going to be a fun year!

Can someone (not a basher) please explain to me (me, being a "new guy" as someone pointed out) why do people take the time berate RIM in a public forum? Isn't crackberry.com for fans of BB? I don't get it. I can't believe I've wasted this much time myself! And I'm clearly a fan! I assume these people are paid by the competitors??
    01-08-11 03:46 PM
    Sooo, by interesting you mean 4 OS6 refresh phones, yup that will totally be interesting, facepalm all up in this b!tch

I actually knew that too but I'll let everyone know HOW I know and that is a lil twitty bird told me
    You don't seem to know much actually. Good on RIM for doing such a good job at keeping the massive amount of development secret!
    01-08-11 03:49 PM
    Droid cuts Blackberry's Verizon share in half - Google 24/7 - Fortune Tech
    It can only get worse with the iphone being offered.
    01-08-11 03:59 PM
    Can someone (not a basher) please explain to me (me, being a "new guy" as someone pointed out) why do people take the time berate RIM in a public forum? Isn't crackberry.com for fans of BB? I don't get it. I can't believe I've wasted this much time myself! And I'm clearly a fan! I assume these people are paid by the competitors??
    I would say most of it is out of frustration, besides the trolls that are here just to bash RIM cause they wanna believe their device company is better, fans here are upset with RIM's slow development of competitive new devices. All of us here are here for the reason that we are a fans of our BB's, well maybe.
    With all these other companies developing and releasing new high spec'd crazy phone CB's members are frustrated and disappointed in RIM that they have nothing to show to compete. Instead we get a device REFRESH and RIM tries to tell us that it's a huge differences or that don't worry something great is coming.
    So then when people like you come on here, althou you may actually know something, and make promises or claims that something great is coming, it just falls on deaf frustrated ears. Then you just get the wrath of everyones frustration.
    01-08-11 04:00 PM

was it a panda bear? lol
    01-08-11 04:01 PM
    I work for a Canadian wireless company, and almost all of our carriers up here support both iPhone and BlackBerry, yet I believe BlackBerry still commands a larger market share here than iPhone. Sure some of that's probably national pride, but Verizon getting the iPhone certainly won't spell the demise of BlackBerry.
    Do you have 3g services and unlimited or cheap data available? If no to either, chances are BB is more popular because customers either can't really take advantage of the power of other devices on limited networks or with more expensive/no unlimited data.

Otherwise I guess I'd be hardpressed to explain it if both devices are offered at similar prices.
    01-08-11 04:02 PM
    Refer to the link in my above post.

01-08-11 04:06 PM
    You don't seem to know much actually. Good on RIM for doing such a good job at keeping the massive amount of development secret!
    Funny thing is I, like yourself, I actually do know things.

However, my post was completely(sorta) made up. Kinda in the exact way that most members are thinking that your post was.

Also your still speaking in general and implying you know things, which is easy for any knowledgable member on here to do. So until your able to prove yourself your not gonna get much respect.

If you want me to make up a post to get people on here excited, I'll do it, I have the time. Kinda like Tommy Boy having the time to take a dumb in a box and mark it guarenteed
    Last edited by MattyG27; 01-08-11 at 04:15 PM.
    01-08-11 04:08 PM
    LOL - by your measure, the disaster has already occurred -- VZ sales of BB have dropped to a very low level. Yet the slide continues to point upward. Don't get me wrong -- the comp is good. But RIM is simply growing and growing and growing...and an accelerating rate. And it's doing so with outdated tech -- imagine what enhancing the R&D staff with a supporting cast of new thinking will bring? Oh yeah -- it's been done. QNX, TAT to name a couple, are now on the team. Like I said, 2011 is going to be a fun year!

Please refer to the link in my post above. BB sales on VZ are NOT trending up.

01-08-11 04:08 PM
    was it a panda bear? lol
    The force is strong with you my friend
    01-08-11 04:09 PM
    Please refer to the link in my post above. BB sales on VZ are NOT trending up.

LOL you dork, that's what I said. Verizon is big, sure, and even with sales drying up there, sales are trending up for RIM, in general (at an incredible rate too).

Market share, admittedly has decreased, but sales are through the roof. So things are very, very good in RIM-land.
    01-08-11 04:28 PM
    Do you have 3g services and unlimited or cheap data available? If no to either, chances are BB is more popular because customers either can't really take advantage of the power of other devices on limited networks or with more expensive/no unlimited data.

Otherwise I guess I'd be hardpressed to explain it if both devices are offered at similar prices.
    Our 3G+ services actually support faster data transfer than American networks, (no 4G yet, but that's a moot point considering iPhone is exclusively 3G anyway), and our price plans are strikingly similar when compared feature-for-feature. No unlimited, but plans generally include plenty of data to support even die-hard data-hungry iPhone users. As for price, we offer both iPhones and BlackBerrys for the same price as American carriers, even if we do require 3-year contracts instead of 2 (biggest pet peeve I have regarding our services).
    01-08-11 04:31 PM
470 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD