I just feel that RIM owes it to it Market share to become more aggressive with coming out with more devices on a more timely manner.

ah, didn't you mean to say "owes it to their stockholders"? Market share is a concept. Shareholders are people betting on the company.
    01-07-11 05:47 PM
    I'd like to stay with RIM too. I just wish they'd make *some advancements. Little things that are now common on other smartphones, like a decent browser and better media. I'm not a business user nor do I live on my phone. I just want to keep in touch with friends/family via youtube and be able to search the web without pages locking up or not displaying properly. It's not asking much!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This is something that some might find interesting whether you are looking at Android or iphone if like me you are with VZW but more importantly why I am including this link:

http://www.androidcentral.com/verizo...phone-jan-11th

is because if you simply read what is going on at VZW from Android Central it is going to make many people happy based on what this thread is all about.
    01-07-11 06:05 PM
    In defense of Reed, the OP did openly admit to "trolling the forums to bash RIM." Reed didn't make that statement up. The mods on here are awesome and I think they, as a team, are non biased and varied in their opinions and approach. I don't think CrackBerry is communist. lol.

Otherwise, I agree with your post about RIM.

Yes again from Reed to any other Mod or for that matter anyone on Crackberry that comes here to ask questions and offer opinions of their own and or try and help others there are many diverse answers and people are entitlted so say what they want.

I don't think we need to go as far as talking about Political situations with RIM or an individual. I think that this forum thread was started and look at the views and posts and i find all of them pretty darn fasinating. I myself would love to stay with RIM but unless they even offer their own Forum in a way or Podcast to give their loyal users what the future hold for us i like many will switch and RIM is going to lose their much needed Market Share.
    01-07-11 06:12 PM
    Exactly. I still love what my BlackBerry can do. I'm just disappointed at what it *cant do.

Verry well said Chrisy... I think that sums things up rather well and like you is my motivation for the switch to another device and OS.
    01-07-11 06:15 PM
    This is one of the first threads I cannot get out of....lol I find the many posts very interesting and gives me a great insight as to the real opinions of the many people I share my time with when I come here to see what is going on or something I need to know.

Like Chrisy I am no teen and use my device like she does and you have to love the Push email. Many other devices have this same email feature and if I can get that, a great browser, a device that I don't need to worry about leaks for new OSs coming out, and most important apps that are useful together meaning using more than one at a time and flash, Hey how can anyone not think of "The Switch"
    01-07-11 06:20 PM
    How about using a thumbdrive in the microUSB slot? Cheaper and more capacity available than SDcard.

Its a Wifi tablet, so obviously they are planning for data overages... ?

You guys are trying so hard to find a negative. Where are the threads talking about what IS interesting in tablets, instead of just bagging on the PB?
    How dumb looking would that be, surely you are joking.
    01-07-11 06:32 PM
    Would look like an aircard.

01-07-11 06:33 PM
    Would look like an aircard.

No thanks..............
    01-07-11 06:36 PM
    I see the OPs point and I am starting to agree. I'm still hoping for some new BlackBerry announcements at CES. I don't care about the Playbook. I'm looking to upgrade from my 9630. The Torch looks good and I'd go with that if it was on VZW.

But so far there's nothing new from RIM.

I switched to AT&T to get 2 Torches (had both the Storm1 and Storm 2 as well as an 8830. But when VZW wasn't going to offer Torch, that was it, especially when the rep said, oh, well, just buy the Droid or iPhone. I've messed around with both, and neither meet what I wanted. So, the choice was suffer and take something I didn't want, or 'switch'...I switched. Glad I did. Several of my friends have done the same.
    01-07-11 06:43 PM
    ah, didn't you mean to say "owes it to their stockholders"? Market share is a concept. Shareholders are people betting on the company.
    I will give you that one and YES that is what it is really all about when a company like RIM wants to stay in the running with other power companies in the same business. Thanks for the comment Dave
    1812dave likes this.
    01-07-11 06:43 PM
    Can Rim not do two things at once? Why has all of their resources been devoted to the playbook and nothing else. The fact that RIM did not have anything to offer in the smart-phone line at CES is just down right embarrassing.

I agree with the OP, RIM is just not going to survive if the current trend continues.

I was so looking forward to the announcement of a STORM 3 like device at CES.
    01-07-11 07:41 PM
    Can Rim not do two things at once? Why has all of their resources been devoted to the playbook and nothing else. The fact that RIM did not have anything to offer in the smart-phone line at CES is just down right embarrassing.

I agree with the OP, RIM is just not going to survive if the current trend continues.

I was so looking forward to the announcement of a STORM 3 like device at CES.
    They definitely have issues, now that their "faithful" are leaving in droves. Every day, it seems like another nail in their coffin. Android is giving them fits, because even the early Android phones rocked the internet better,had larger screens, and for the average consumer, the security features of BES is irrelevant. The only reasons I bought a BB in 2010 is because (other than my wife whining that she wanted one after we returned our awful S1's) of BBM, a bright screen, and the unique Storm screen. Now that some new androids have been announced that have awesomely bright screens, I think I can live without BBM. I'll make do with regular SMS, in order to have all the other goodness the new Androids provide. I'll miss SurePress, but I spend more time VIEWING my phone, than typing on it, so a super-sized, bright screen will float my boat just fine. If RIM wants my business, they need to come out QUICKLY with a 4+" screened Storm with 4G. Nothing less will appeal to me.
    01-07-11 08:08 PM
    They definitely have issues, now that their "faithful" are leaving in droves. Every day, it seems like another nail in their coffin. Android is giving them fits, because even the early Android phones rocked the internet better,had larger screens, and for the average consumer, the security features of BES is irrelevant. The only reasons I bought a BB in 2010 is because (other than my wife whining that she wanted one after we returned our awful S1's) of BBM, a bright screen, and the unique Storm screen. Now that some new androids have been announced that have awesomely bright screens, I think I can live without BBM. I'll make do with regular SMS, in order to have all the other goodness the new Androids provide. I'll miss SurePress, but I spend more time VIEWING my phone, than typing on it, so a super-sized, bright screen will float my boat just fine. If RIM wants my business, they need to come out QUICKLY with a 4+" screened Storm with 4G. Nothing less will appeal to me.
    You will get over BBM pretty quickly. Android supports all IM clients and even has apps like kik and LiveProfile that are almost like BBM. Those two apps are available on all platforms. You going with the Bionic? If so, prepare to never even think about your Storm ever again (unless for some reason you still like it lol).
    01-07-11 08:12 PM
    You will get over BBM pretty quickly. Android supports all IM clients and even has apps like kik and LiveProfile that are almost like BBM. Those two apps are available on all platforms. You going with the Bionic? If so, prepare to never even think about your Storm ever again (unless for some reason you still like it lol).
    The Bionic info certainty has captured my attention and just might be the one I get. This will be (2011) a great time to buy a smartphone! Speaking of my S2, I've had 3 more instances (since I last posted on my thread re the same issu( of the radio being OFF, after it "wakes up" in the morning. that sucks, as I always get a phone call around 6:30AM and I don't want to miss it, due to a glitch on my phone.

and thanks for the reassurance that I won't miss BBM. I'm sure you are right.
    01-07-11 08:17 PM
    Remember when BBM was down and glitchy for a while? I started using Google Talk back then (as a back up) and I still do with non BlackBerry users. It's just as good as BBM minus the R and D. I thought you could send pics via Google Talk too.

Oh and I assume Google Voice works will work well on the Bionic? I use Google Voice for free SMS.

01-07-11 08:21 PM
    Remember when BBM was down and glitchy for a while? I started using Google Talk back then (as a back up) and I still do with non BlackBerry users. It's just as good as BBM minus the R and D. I thought you could send pics via Google Talk too.

Oh and I assume Google Voice works will work well on the Bionic? I use Google Voice for free SMS.

Bionic is Android. Google is to Android as Trigger is to Roy Rodgers. inseparable.
    01-07-11 08:24 PM
    I'll stick with my 9700 and keep an eye on what comes out this year. I'll buy a playbook for sure. I just prefer the BB for appearance and performance (for me, nobody get upset, I'm not saying android phones are not good). I will say, however, that I can't give my money to google. They took millions in NSF grant funds to get started out of their own garage and now hide their profits overseas to avoid paying taxes. I just can't do the google thing.
    01-07-11 08:31 PM
    I don't know who Roy Rodgers is but I get your analogy!

01-07-11 08:31 PM
    The Bionic info certainty has captured my attention and just might be the one I get. This will be (2011) a great time to buy a smartphone! Speaking of my S2, I've had 3 more instances (since I last posted on my thread re the same issu( of the radio being OFF, after it "wakes up" in the morning. that sucks, as I always get a phone call around 6:30AM and I don't want to miss it, due to a glitch on my phone.

and thanks for the reassurance that I won't miss BBM. I'm sure you are right.
    Nice I will be buying mine on release day. If you need any help when you get it let me know!
    01-07-11 08:36 PM
    RIM will remain in business for a long time. They've got the 2g market in the developing world that'll eat their past and current offerings right up as if they're the best thing since oxygen in the air. No development costs, low cost hardware, and established OS which won't need development. Them recycling their current devices to use in those markets is essentially pure profit.

That having been said, it is said to see that the US market has been essentially abandoned for the last couple of years at least.
    01-07-11 09:29 PM
    Android is encroaching on the 2G Market, and even Samsung said at CES they are phasing out their Feature Phones in favor of low-cost Android smartphones.

They can't depend on the 2G market to hold them over forever.
    01-07-11 09:55 PM
    RIM will be around for long time. Predictions of their demise are premature.
    01-07-11 09:56 PM
    Indeed, There's much more to RIM then just Blackberry.
    01-07-11 09:59 PM
    Indeed, There's much more to RIM then just Blackberry.
    Wait, what? Enlighten me please, besides BB devices and BIS/BES services/software which relies on sales of BB devices to bring them any income, and now the as yet unreleased Playbook, what else do they have?
    JoelTruckerDude likes this.
    01-07-11 10:07 PM
    lmao that was what i was thinking too....this guy must really be on the inside
    JoelTruckerDude likes this.
    01-07-11 10:31 PM
470 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD