Speaking of thin batteries with MUCH higher capacity and long usage times, check out this article. RIM just needs to invest more in battery tech and get up with the times. Imagine a 3000mAh battery same sized as included JM-1 for Bold 9900's or any other Blackberry for that matter.

DROID RAZR MAXX to launch on January 26th
    01-20-12 04:33 PM
    Motorola Maxxx
    130.7 x 68.9 x 9 mm 145 g
    540 x 960 pixels, 4.3 inches (~256 ppi pixel density)
    Li-Ion 3300 mAh

Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    123.9 x 63 x 10.8 mm @ 135g
    720 x 1280 pixels, 4.65 inches (~316 ppi pixel density)
    Li-Ion 1750 mAh

BlackBerry Bold 9900
    115 x 66 x 10.5 mm 130 g
    640 x 480 pixels, 2.8 inches (~286 ppi pixel density)
    Li-Ion 1230 mAh

BlackBerry Torch 9860
    120 x 62 x 11.5 mm 135 g
    480 x 800 pixels, 3.7 inches (~252 ppi pixel density)
    Li-Ion 1230 mAh

Just from looking at those specs, I would bet that the Motorola battery is at least twice as big as the JM-1, The device is very tall, very wide, and the screen isn't overly large for it's dimensions.
    01-20-12 04:53 PM
    Why would any cellphone manufacturer invest in battery technology. There's already a slew of battery manufacturers doing that. Read a few reports recently talking of the next generation. Looks very promising. If there were a company that needed to sink money into it, that would be Google.
    01-20-12 06:30 PM
    Why would any cellphone manufacturer invest in battery technology. There's already a slew of battery manufacturers doing that. Read a few reports recently talking of the next generation. Looks very promising. If there were a company that needed to sink money into it, that would be Google.
    I think it would be advantageous for a Mobile company to invest in battery technology, as in investing in a Battery manufacturer or partially fund a research group to have a hand in any patents, or first dibs on a new technology.

Like Apple is doing with fuel cells
    01-20-12 06:53 PM
    The answer is gasoline engines.
    Worlds Smallest Petrol Engine

Just put a drop of gas in your phone and the engine will power it for months.
    Only downside is I wouldn't want to be in a room with 20 cellphones all throwing out noxious gases.
    01-20-12 07:31 PM
    Hey, can you post a link or atleast point me in the right direction? I'd love to look into this. Especially next generation battery technology.
    01-20-12 07:52 PM
    I think it would be advantageous for a Mobile company to invest in battery technology, as in investing in a Battery manufacturer or partially fund a research group to have a hand in any patents, or first dibs on a new technology.

Like Apple is doing with fuel cells
    Looking over their patents, it looks like the prime focus is laptop batteries, with ones small enough to power a phone far in the future. Apple has a lot more reason to invest in fuel cells, while RIM needs to focus on.........

We all know what they need to focus on.

Vewy cute Sam!
    01-20-12 07:55 PM
    Hey, can you post a link or atleast point me in the right direction? I'd love to look into this. Especially next generation battery technology.
    apple fuel cell - Google Search
    01-20-12 09:07 PM
    ya that phone is pretty big. Most phones out now cant really compare to BB in battery life, or so im told ive only have BB for a smart phone and its the only one that works here so there is no one to say other wise . I think RIM should just stick with what its doing and then after they get this current mess fixed and back on top then they can look into other things like batteries. for now they need focus....sorry just went on a little rant there.
    01-20-12 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD