07-15-10 08:37 PM
35 12
tools
    Hey Crackberry Nation ,

I don't how ye feel on this matter but I seriously think RIM seriously needs to start moving faster with stuff .

Everyone is bad mouthing RIM and it's there own fault because they move too slow with products . Ok don't get me wrong here now , their are trying really hard to play catch up and it seems their doing a good job so far. So we have to give them credit when its due right ...New stuff coming that I know of ,

Updated Appworld 2.0
    Blackberry 6
    Webkit
    Slider
    New Os for the Storm 3 .
    Blackberry Tablet .

Do RIM honestly think that people are going to wait because they released a teaser video of Blackberry 6 . No they won't , they will just pick a shiny new android phone and bye bye Blackberry . If I was a CEO with RIM I would push push push the products out the door as fast as possible after its checked so we get a low quality phone with lots of bugs . We dont need the storm 1 disaster all over again . No waiting on carrier approval . When it's ready release it . I would also say bye bye to carrier testing of a new Os because it's delaying everything . Okay they have made their money from them in the past but the competition is too high now to have any sort of delays . Apple push out updates without carrier approval as far as I know so why can't RIM .

To make a long story short my dad had go to court over a car accident . He was in the right and waiting on a settlement . He kept changing lawyers because they were taking too long . Then one lawyer got him into court within 2 months and told him the last lawyer hadn't even tried and was just robbing his money daily. Things got a bit delayed again as courts do and my dad was getting annoyed again . So I said to my dad not to change again because lawyers are all the same .

If you win or lose . They still get paid and then go home to their big house .

He got his settlement 4 and half months after he started with lawyer that got him into the court . Plus no I am not saying how much he got either .

Carriers are the same , if RIM win or lose the smartphone battle the carriers will still be there getting paid like the lawyers of the world do. So please RIM think of the company and the faithful customers now and forget the carriers . If some new product or software update is ready , test it properly and push it out the customer . NOT THE CARRIERS. Get the edge back on the competition . DON'T DELAY DO IT TODAY . DONT DELAY DO IT TODAY .

I'm not going to get into the whole which phone is better because it's just getting boring now . iPhone 4 is a fail and they need to do a recall quickly . Android is coming up fast but the phones are too big . Lots of useless apps like apple and to many screens to go thru on the phone . RIM is a work horse but move too slow pushing updates out and then the carriers have to test it . Thats why there is so many leaks and their not so great at times . This my opinion and I am entiled to it .

RIM move faster with stuff and give the loyal customer want they want quicker . Then the money will follow .

Am I just rambling here or does anyone agree with me !!!
    Last edited by bigpolla04; 07-15-10 at 11:18 AM.
    07-15-10 10:47 AM
    Just "push push pushing" products out the door like you recommended is a recipe for disaster. Rushed products are almost always low quality with plenty of bugs. Patience is a virtue especially if you want a quality product.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-10 11:14 AM
    That is way too many words for me, but I disagree.
    07-15-10 11:22 AM
    There is so much wrong in your post. I am not going to go into all of it but here
    are the highlights:

1) Any responsible company would rather do it the right way rather than the fast
    way. It cost far less to do it right than it does to do it over.

2) Carrier testing is essential. Without it there is no assurance that an OS does
    not create more issues than the benefit it provides.

3) Although the iPhone is available on one carrier here in the states, its OS also
    undergoes carrier testing.

4) In one paragraph you totally lost any and all of your credibility:

I'm not going to get into the whole which phone is better because it's just getting boring now . iPhone 4 is a fail and they need to do a recall quickly . Android is coming up fast but the phones are too big . Lots of useless apps like apple and to many screens to go thru on the phone . RIM is a work horse but move too slow pushing updates out and then the carriers have to test it . Thats why there is so many leaks and their not so great at times . This my opinion and I am entiled to it .
    If I was a CEO with RIM.....
    Fortunately you are not.
    07-15-10 11:29 AM

If I was a CEO with RIM I would push push push the products out the door as fast as possible . Make a new product, test it PROPERLY for 2 months and out the door . We dont need the storm 1 disaster all over again . No waiting on carrier approval . When it's ready release it . I would also say bye bye to carrier testing of a new Os because it's delaying everything . Okay they have made their money from them in the past but the competition is too high now to have any sort of delays . Apple push out updates without carrier approval as far as i know so why can't RIM .
    The problem isn't pushing out new product. Look @ General Motors, Oldsmobile and Saturn are GONE, and Volvo got sold off. Why???? simple : to much product and no one to buy it.

RIM needs, and i mean NEEDS, to up their ROM and RAM memory. Esp if they want big applications like Android and Apple have.

RIM needs to up the CPU/GPU power and get in the ball game, with Android now using 1Ghrz processors and Super AMOLED screens... HVGA screens with 512mhrz processor will NOT cut it, esp when you look @ the 720p recording and 8mp cameras

RIM needs to stop focusing on the product and focus on what powers the product.

Pushing out product will kill a product.... Apple releases 1 (one) phone per year and, 1 (one) ipod touch per year. I cannot remember when RIM only had one per year.

I'll go back to the General Motors thing.... Take a mid 70's Nova..... N-O-V-A... you had the (Chevrolet) Nova, (Olds) Omega, (Pontiac) Ventura, (Buick) Apollo.... All basically the same car, they look slightly different but they are all sold by the same company using the same parts.

RIM is doing the same thing. it's the same phone with slight differences.... they need to stick to a 4 phone line up 1) Bolds (slide or Brick style) 2) Curves 3) Pearls 4) Storms

and focus on the power plant of the phone
    well take the curve for example
    8300/8310/8320/8330/8350i/8530/8520/8900/9300 all are curves.... seems like a little over kill.

Last edited by mjneid; 07-15-10 at 12:09 PM.
    07-15-10 11:32 AM
    Just "push push pushing" products out the door like you recommended is a recipe for disaster. Rushed products are almost always low quality with plenty of bugs. Patience is a virtue especially if you want a quality product.

Very true. Anytime there is a new product (whether it's rumored or official) many people will mostly say the same thing..."THEY NEED TO HURRY UP AND RELEASE THIS....etc" Once the product IS released (and released early and full of bugs), the SAME people will now be screaming "WHY IS THIS SO BUGGY?? THEY SHOULD HAVE WAITED..."
    07-15-10 11:32 AM
    Microsoft is in no rush to release Windows 7 because they want to get it right this time after the failure of Windows Mobile. I'd rather see rim roll out OS 6 with a solid build then hurt their brand image by throwing out a terrible product that can be disastrous.
    07-15-10 11:44 AM
    Like the others above me, I don't agree with too much that you said. What on earth do lawyers have to do with anything? (That's a rhetorical question: please don't answer!)

I almost agree with your premise (that RIM needs to move faster), but I think it's more about perception. When Apple releases a new device (iPad and iPhone4 this year), they tightly control the rumors; Steve Jobs shows off the device, and 6 weeks later they're available. I may be a little off about the timeframes, but it is fast and it's controlled. RIM's schedule seems too slow by comparison. Maybe it's because they don't keep such a tight lid on the prototypes. It doesn't help that they have more current models, more legacy models still in use, and more new models in development.
    07-15-10 11:48 AM
    Microsoft is in no rush to release Windows 7 because they want to get it right this time after the failure of Windows Mobile. I'd rather see rim roll out OS 6 with a solid build then hurt their brand image by throwing out a terrible product that can be disastrous.
    Umm, Windows Mobile was never a failure. WMO dominated the market it just go old, once the iPhone and Andriod OS' came out. Majority of the phones used WMO HTC's UI made it better. It just got old, it never was a failure.

MS is smart enough to completely redesign the OS, unlike RIM who is just masking an old OS with a new UI. It'll look cool and fun in the beginning but the same issues of the old OS will still be there. Same with WMO and an HTC UI
    07-15-10 11:51 AM
    I'll go back to the General Motors thing.... Take a mid 70's Nova..... N-O-V-A... you had the (Chevrolet) Nova, (Olds) Omega, (Pontiac) Vega, (Buick) Apollo.... All basically the same car, they look slightly different but they are all sold by the same company using the same parts.
    I never noticed the N-O-V-A names! However, I must point out that the Pontiac was named Ventura. Vega was a smaller Chevrolet.
    Last edited by ttfmaep; 07-15-10 at 11:58 AM.
    07-15-10 11:55 AM
    I never noticed the N-O-V-A names! However, I must point out that the Pontiac was named Ventura. Vega was a smaller Chevrolet.

what ever.... i deal with imports most of the time..... ... but i fixed it.

07-15-10 12:08 PM
    We wouldn't want to make an incorrect statement on the interwebs....
    07-15-10 12:19 PM
    Gimmee a highly effective OS6 & I'll be happy.
    07-15-10 12:37 PM
    yea you know everything you see on here is 100% etched in stone truth

07-15-10 12:38 PM
    Hey Crackberry Nation ,

Snip
    RIM move faster with stuff and give the loyal customer want they want quicker . Then the money will follow .

Am I just rambling here or does anyone agree with me !!!
    You are definitely rambling. You want RIM to move faster so they can push garbage out the door. And I have no doubt you will be at the head of the line complaining about that garbage.
    07-15-10 01:03 PM
  16. T
    I think RIM should slow down. Then, after all the impatient ones pick up their "shiny new androids" and get locked into other contracts, they will be even more bitter when RIM releases whatever it is they were waiting for. I hope, at that point, the switching over to android would have been worth it. I doubt it.
    07-15-10 02:12 PM
    You are definitely rambling. You want RIM to move faster so they can push garbage out the door. And I have no doubt you will be at the head of the line complaining about that garbage.

Well I was going to leave my reply for a 2 or 3 days but since so many think im an ***** . I thought i would stand up for myself .

I know if a product is rushed out it will a low quailty and buggy . Garbage as some people think .

I know carriers need a test a product first and the os first . So its less buggy . Crap os leaks for example.

I know RIM needs to step things up a bit which they are doing . Improve the basics of the phone and make it solid as possible .

I know if they just push products out as fast and as many as possible . People will think they are just buying the same old tired phone with a different name . Bold 9650 for example or the tour 2 as it should be called.

What i really wanted to know and found out ...

Is what the **** are people on this site ******** and complaining about all day , everyday about that RIM sucks or blackberry is crap . Android is better . Iphone is cool.

I have had top end phones for years and never pay less than 500 for a phone . I have all sorts of phones . Android isnt so great , its just a better browser and its really buggy . Thats it . Iphone is a glorified toy with a mountain of useless free apps with annoying ads .

So if everyone knows RIM is fighting back and trying to improve the basics of the phone and a new rumored os for the Storm 3 . Which will hopefully be put into newer devices. Its just typicall people been like children complaining and saying its not fair . Seriously grow up , its a bloody phone get over it . If you dont like coffee then dont drink it . Same with blackberry .Blackberries are a work horse of a phone and major improvements are coming before the years end . What i really wanted to know is...

Why are people complaining so much if they know the improvements are coming ?

Nobody wants it be rushed or faster . I do hope these replies are from honest people and not just the RIM pr machine in acting . Everyone knows RIM watches this site daily . Thanks for answering my question anyway, a poll would have been better if i knew how to do on this site ...

Blackberry for life ....
    07-15-10 02:20 PM
    In a technology driven world, blackberry got to be consistently competing against the top, Android and Iphones are way quicker than blackberry's which suck cause I kind of liked my blackberry, I just got an Android, that I have been playing with but, if blackberry comes out with something great I am willing to switch back.
    07-15-10 02:53 PM

you mean like the Tour and storm?
    07-15-10 02:58 PM
    I think RIM should slow down. Then, after all the impatient ones pick up their "shiny new androids" and get locked into other contracts, they will be even more bitter when RIM releases whatever it is they were waiting for. I hope, at that point, the switching over to android would have been worth it. I doubt it.
    problem is RIM will never release what anyone is waiting for. They're an old business company with old ideas. Nothing wrong with that, but they'd entered the consumer market. You cant get mad at BB consumer users that want more from BB. a lot of frustrated BB users still have hope that RIM will make basic changes to keep up with technology today. a phone is no longer just a phone, the younger more active generation of users tend to want phones that do a little more but also like the keyboard of the BB. RIM is like IBM a company that doesn't understand consumer users are far more different for business users and tend to be more demanding and less loyal to a brand.
    07-15-10 03:40 PM
    MS is smart enough to completely redesign the OS, unlike RIM who is just masking an old OS with a new UI. It'll look cool and fun in the beginning but the same issues of the old OS will still be there. Same with WMO and an HTC UI
    The key difference here is Windows Mobile's single digit market share. They had nothing to lose with a complete revamp. Same with Palm. RIM, on the other hand, still has a large chunk of the market and have very little reason to risk it all with a whole new OS.

Last edited by Masahiro; 07-15-10 at 04:24 PM.
    07-15-10 04:20 PM
    problem is RIM will never release what anyone is waiting for.
    You don't need to speak on my behalf. Thanks.

07-15-10 04:22 PM
    Hey Crackberry Nation ,

Everyone is bad mouthing RIM and it's there own fault because they move too slow with products .
    "Everyone" is not bad mouthing RIM ! ! !

Just the kiddies wanting mommy and daddy to buy them a new toy!

Go away!
    07-15-10 04:22 PM
    problem is RIM will never release what anyone is waiting for. They're an old business company with old ideas. Nothing wrong with that, but they'd entered the consumer market. You cant get mad at BB consumer users that want more from BB. a lot of frustrated BB users still have hope that RIM will make basic changes to keep up with technology today. a phone is no longer just a phone, the younger more active generation of users tend to want phones that do a little more but also like the keyboard of the BB. RIM is like IBM a company that doesn't understand consumer users are far more different for business users and tend to be more demanding and less loyal to a brand.
    I disagree

RIM will release, exactly what I am waiting for, a Portrait slider phone with a touch screen, I liked the Treo with it's touch screen and a keyboard, I wouldn't want another Horizontal slider since my HTC 5800, and Touch phones just bug me, I like simple 1 hand navigation 99% of the time, a physical keyboard and a trackpad are for me, but having pinch zoom for my photo album means I can get rid of my iPod Touch, since I HATE the way it navigates.

I know a few people who are excited for the Flip phone as well, BB doesn't seem to have the Sexiest phone releases, but they are making products people will buy.

NOW! I want to do the "IF I where the CEO" cause this is the internet and I can

I would actually continue on the Branding Strategy RIM has,
    right now they have 4 Main Brands, Pearl, Curve, Bold, Storm,
    I would increase it to 6 Brands to have the Torch and the Flip

Each brand would have a 24 Month upgrade cycle
    example
    Q1Y1 New BOLD 9000 form factor
    Q2Y1 New Curve Chiclet keyboard
    Q3Y1 New Flip
    Q4Y1 New Storm
    Q1Y2 New BOLD 9700 Form factor
    Q2Y2 New Pearl
    Q3Y2 New Curve "bold" keyboard
    Q4Y2 New Torch
    Repeat cycle.

What that does is gives every 3 months a new product launch to keep in the news, but they don't necessarily over lap each others market.
    a 2 year cycle will have significant enough upgrades to warrant changing phones, and 2 years is a common contract date.

On the software side I would also have a FULL OS revamp on a 2 year cycle, you'd see OS 6 for Y1, and OS 6.5 Y2, OS 7 Y3, OS7.5 Y4, OS development would be for 2 OS's if you launch with OS 6, you will be supported to OS8, but not OS 8.5. that clears up who is getting what OS's it will be more structured.

Now I would have Part of R&D looking at alternative markets, like the Tablet, in car connectivity, Point of Sale connections, Desktop integration and so on.

I wont go into my OS desires, as I've done that in another thread recently, but as the CEO of RIM I would be far more transparent with roadmaps, but very tight lipped about hardware changes.
    07-15-10 04:59 PM
    If OS 6 means back into the meld between that, Android and the Iphone OS, they can take as long as they want.

I don't want it to be an update. I want it to change things, and be as free of bugs as it can be.
    07-15-10 05:01 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD