RIM is like IBM a company that doesn't understand consumer users are far more different for business users and tend to be more demanding and less loyal to a brand.
    Interesting analogy. I myself like IBM, lol. I have an IBM (now Lenovo) ThinkPad for a laptop. But what's even more interesting is this: I never liked Apple, yet in many ways, BlackBerries are more like Mac's. Remember when Mac's were touted as being stable, not prone to getting viruses, etc., yet they didn't have all the "apps" Windows boxes had? I can remember Mac users saying things like "When will we get video calling?" The answer (in October) was always "video calling for Mac ... coming next September!" Then, finally, it was "Yay! Skype for Mac! Oh ... but it doesn't have voice. Video and typing only. " So, isn't a better analogy that BlackBerry is to Android as Mac is to IBM (and its clones)? I realize you were talking about the firms, but it is uncanny the way it's playing out ...
    Last edited by T�nis; 07-15-10 at 06:01 PM.
    07-15-10 05:58 PM
    RIM took their time with the Tour and even that was a failure. I think waiting to perfect the device is a good rule but it still doesn't guarantee success.

The Storm1 was rushed and despite the bugs, today it is not much worse than the top of the line berries which have more memory and wifi...that's it! No innovation in the past 18 months, and they're paying for it with Android gaining market share by the day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-10 06:17 PM
    Well I was going to leave my reply for a 2 or 3 days but since so many think im an ***** . I thought i would stand up for myself .

I know if a product is rushed out it will a low quailty and buggy . Garbage as some people think .

I know carriers need a test a product first and the os first . So its less buggy . Crap os leaks for example.

I know RIM needs to step things up a bit which they are doing . Improve the basics of the phone and make it solid as possible .

I know if they just push products out as fast and as many as possible . People will think they are just buying the same old tired phone with a different name . Bold 9650 for example or the tour 2 as it should be called.

What i really wanted to know and found out ...

Is what the **** are people on this site ******** and complaining about all day , everyday about that RIM sucks or blackberry is crap . Android is better . Iphone is cool.

I have had top end phones for years and never pay less than 500 for a phone . I have all sorts of phones . Android isnt so great , its just a better browser and its really buggy . Thats it . Iphone is a glorified toy with a mountain of useless free apps with annoying ads .

So if everyone knows RIM is fighting back and trying to improve the basics of the phone and a new rumored os for the Storm 3 . Which will hopefully be put into newer devices. Its just typicall people been like children complaining and saying its not fair . Seriously grow up , its a bloody phone get over it . If you dont like coffee then dont drink it . Same with blackberry .Blackberries are a work horse of a phone and major improvements are coming before the years end . What i really wanted to know is...

Why are people complaining so much if they know the improvements are coming ?

Nobody wants it be rushed or faster . I do hope these replies are from honest people and not just the RIM pr machine in acting . Everyone knows RIM watches this site daily . Thanks for answering my question anyway, a poll would have been better if i knew how to do on this site ...

Blackberry for life ....
    Are you bipolar?

Because that was basically the opposite of your original post..

oh and "Why are people complaining so much if they know the improvements are coming ? "

Pretty sure you're one of them.
    07-15-10 06:50 PM
    Are you bipolar?

Because that was basically the opposite of your original post..

oh and "Why are people complaining so much if they know the improvements are coming ? "

Pretty sure you're one of them.
    I am not bipolar or am I complaining . The first post was a scam or con to get people reactions . RIM are improving as fast as they can and that's enough for me. I'm actually very excited about what coming up. Plus very about Qnx os for the storm 3 .
    You shouldn't really insult people about an illness or a mental problem as it just shows how ignorant you really are . Even if someone has an illness , they are still people and should be treated as such .

07-15-10 07:24 PM
    I am not bipolar or am I complaining . The first post was a scam or con to get people reactions . RIM are improving as fast as they can and that's enough for me. I'm actually very excited about what coming up. Plus very about Qnx os for the storm 3 .
    You shouldn't really insult people about an illness or a mental problem as it just shows how ignorant you really are . Even if someone has an illness , they are still people and should be treated as such .

You're an *****.
    07-15-10 08:01 PM
    You're an *****.
    No. He's just a troll.
    07-15-10 08:03 PM
    The non-BB toy argument is really getting old. People are shifting because they want a browser that works, a phone that performs without much effort/hacking/battery pulls, and the memory to store applications that are both inexpensive and useful. These are features both business and consumer users want, although their app demands may be different in the end.

07-15-10 08:22 PM
    No. He's just a troll.
    God ye are so nice here on crackberry , ha ha I love it . Can't voice your opinion these days now .

07-15-10 08:23 PM
    God ye are so nice here on crackberry , ha ha I love it . Can't voice your opinion these days now .
    The first post was a scam or con to get people reactions .
    Sorry, but that is the very definition of trolling. Besides, it's not really your opinion if it's all a lie, is it?
    07-15-10 08:25 PM
    Yes it is if just trying to find what all the fuss is about . Maybe I should have just asked instead of lying as you say . I aint no troll though . Rim to me seem as if the are doing something and quicker these days . Don't know if you read the report on their meeting a few days ago but it seems to they have woken up . They are pushing faster than before .

I just don't understand what all the complaining is about if people know they are improving as quickly as possible . Plus the previous posts nobody wants them to go really fast either .

Peace out and I'm finished with this now .

07-15-10 08:37 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD