I think that RIM is going to lose market share if they don't get it together. With IPhone becoming more enterprise friendly and the 9000 not being as revolutionary as it needs to be, RIM is resting on the past and not looking to the future. They have delayed the OS and BES upgrade for months too long. HTML email is needed for every model yesterday! If they can not run it on the server side, then include a viewer in the os that can prefetch. I would like to see a BB that had a touchscreen option. Running an iphone or opera like browser with touch is convenient. I would not use it except for the browser. Also, they need to be more media friendly. I don't know what to do about screen size; a full qwerty keyboard is a must and so is one handed use.
    04-10-08 03:36 PM
    I disagree. I really do not think that RIM has anything to fear from the iphone. You kinda made my point for me when you said that a qwerty is a must. I have used the iphone many times and never will get used to that UI. Also you have to take price into the equation, the iphone has a prohibitive price point to say the least. The bb on the other hand can be picked up for under 100 bucks with an upgrade or new line. One other thing to think about is that there is only one form factor for the iphone, bb has many and this is a big advantage with selling to a wide market.
    04-10-08 03:41 PM
    Until the iPhone comes out with a camera free version it definitely won't take over the business end because most businesses don't allow camera phones. Also, I have the iPod touch and using the virtual keyboard is nothing compared to the real thing.
    04-10-08 03:45 PM
    I agree with a lot of your points. I think BB is the best, however, they are not as dominant as they once were. When android comes out it will be even tighter market. They need to be able to run apps from a card. They need to have more memory. They need html email. The best thing we have going for us is battery and stability.

I would like it if the carries were less involved with the development and just provided service. If they were more independent every model would have gps by now and uma. uma has been delayed because the carriers don't want to lose billable minutes. IM's should be free.
    04-10-08 03:53 PM
    I agree with a lot of your points. I think BB is the best, however, they are not as dominant as they once were. When android comes out it will be even tighter market. They need to be able to run apps from a card. They need to have more memory. They need html email. The best thing we have going for us is battery and stability.

I would like it if the carries were less involved with the development and just provided service. If they were more independent every model would have gps by now and uma. uma has been delayed because the carriers don't want to lose billable minutes. IM's should be free.
    I agree with you about the carrier issue, but again how does this hurt RIM and not apple?
    04-10-08 03:57 PM
    There is nothing like a berry. The Iphone looks neat if you dont have one. when it comes to getting things done, blackberry is king. The iphone is a music and video phone more than anything...
    04-10-08 06:36 PM
    RIM has no competition right now period. I don't see major corporations handing out anything but bbs to their employees.
    04-10-08 06:38 PM
    RIM knows what their doing.
    I think the 9000 release was kind of a way to make the competition think their ahead, when really RIM has an entirely new device which will shock everyone, maybe the 9100??
    I am not really sure...
    04-10-08 06:40 PM
    blah, i hate people who keep complaining about products saying blah dont have this blah dont have that. Its a Blackberry. No one's stopping you from going to the iPhone. If you prefer their features more then get one. I tried an iPhone myself, and didn't like what it offered and instead got a BB. RIM doesnt have to do anything except continue to put out great products, which it has and will do with the 9000. Touch screen? I find the trackball to be a little more useful. Like the rest of us on here, we love our blackberries and what they offer. Its not for everyone. Please stop the complaining
    04-10-08 06:42 PM
    iphone is in no danger of having my business. A unreliable touch screen and not too corprate friendly device is not for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-08 06:51 PM
    I will never switch to iphone, over a bb. The touch screen doesn't do a thing for me.
    04-10-08 06:54 PM
    blah, i hate people who keep complaining about products saying blah dont have this blah dont have that. Its a Blackberry. No one's stopping you from going to the iPhone. If you prefer their features more then get one. I tried an iPhone myself, and didn't like what it offered and instead got a BB. RIM doesnt have to do anything except continue to put out great products, which it has and will do with the 9000. Touch screen? I find the trackball to be a little more useful. Like the rest of us on here, we love our blackberries and what they offer. Its not for everyone. Please stop the complaining
    I don't think anyone is complaining, just pointing out the truth, blackberries have found a nice groove and are riding it. but I agree that some major technological advances should be made, or even small ones, html viewing is awesome (i just downloaded empower pro and is definitely a must have) . Blackberry isn't the only one here though guys. look at the market in general, there haven't been many technological advances made for a bit, hence slower economy, dare i breathe the R word? (recession) but I think overall BB is for a professional and IPhone is marketed towards brand lovers. the iphone has a cool UI but i hate it, I can't do things as quickly or as reliably as i can with a BB (that may just be me, lol) but I think RIM needs to wow some people if it wants to effectively penetrate and dominate the consumer, not professional, smartphone market. we need a cheap-o BB with a touch screen and Wi-Fi to keep teenagers happy, lol.
    04-10-08 07:04 PM
    Well, it sounds like you have YOUR christmas list to santa down-lol......I hesitate to say if you don't like it, then GO to Iphone, but in truth, no one is forcing you to have a BB if you are so unhappy with it.

Have you owned BBs long?
    04-10-08 07:16 PM
    who were you asking that?.
    Last edited by wolff46; 04-10-08 at 07:21 PM.
    04-10-08 07:18 PM
    Is that your baby in your pix? He looks young.....
    04-10-08 07:19 PM
    who were you asking that?.

*i just changed my signature, its waaaay too long, sorry, ill change it.
    LOL, assuming that question was to me, I meant to ask it to the OP. I was wondering if perhaps, he was unhappy with RIM because he was new to BBs and was having a bit of a "learning" curve(no pun intended)
    04-10-08 07:20 PM
    why is a berry compared to ijunk, its 2 different things. one is media, the other is to communicate.

to the op, maybe a berry is not what you are looking for.
    04-10-08 07:50 PM
    Seriously! Now how many people here at work are looking to sell their pos iphones? Hmmmmm about three.
    On the other hand 3 other people got bb's just this month.
    Rim should crapping themselves over the iphone right now. Yeah right!

04-10-08 07:53 PM
    All I offered was constructive criticism. What is this love it or leave it talk? I think bb is the best and would like them to stay the most innovative.
    04-10-08 09:06 PM
    One of the things I would like to see is making it so that the only person who could lock out features is a system admin. Other than that, all features native to the phone and software should be enabled.
    04-10-08 09:09 PM
    All I offered was constructive criticism. What is this love it or leave it talk? I think bb is the best and would like them to stay the most innovative.
    it's funny I really don't think that most of the people on here looked at your post. I disagree with you 100% but at least I knew what you were talking about. lol
    04-10-08 09:10 PM
    Had the iPhone & I couldn't deal w/ the touch screen keyboard for work. I sent a lot of emails a day & it got so annoying.

It's a phone fun but BB gets the job done
    04-10-08 09:10 PM
    I read the post, I just disagree. Nothing wrong with different opinions.
    I have had some touch screens and I just don't think they are effective for me.

04-10-08 09:51 PM
    I read the post, I just disagree. Nothing wrong with different opinions.
    I have had some touch screens and I just don't think they are effective for me.

Wasn't really talking about you, sorry if it came off that way. It just seemed that some of the posts were painting the guy to be bb hater and that is not what he was saying. For the record I disagree with him 100%
    04-10-08 09:54 PM
    i did read it, and my interpretations is, someone going to buy a HD DVD player then complaining why it don't do blue ray disc's. or vice versa.
    04-10-08 09:55 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD