I love my blackberry and i wouldn't change a thing. But the more i meet bb newbies, the more i realize that most people don't fully understand how to use it. With all the new devices coming out like the N900 and the moto droid which makes multi-tasking easy for the newbie to use and understand, Rim is going to be in trouble if they don't change it.
    10-02-09 12:20 PM
    What's wrong with the way rim has multitasking now? Just hold the alt key and press the menu key to switch between programs. Seems pretty easy to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-09 01:14 PM
    I love my blackberry and i wouldn't change a thing. But the more i meet bb newbies, the more i realize that most people don't fully understand how to use it. With all the new devices coming out like the N900 and the moto droid which makes multi-tasking easy for the newbie to use and understand, Rim is going to be in trouble if they don't change it.
    Yeah this doesn't make sense.... BB multitasking is easier than most other OSes (even if they are more advanced) right now.
    10-02-09 01:16 PM
    Definitely easier than Winmo. Never tried an Android tho.
    10-02-09 01:18 PM
    Agreed. Hold the BB button down for app switcher, couldn't be easier. People just need to learn how to properly close apps before they b*tich and moan their battery is dead and have bad memory leaks.
    10-02-09 01:39 PM
    Now the auto memory management could be better...
    But the multitasking is fine.
    10-02-09 01:56 PM
    What do you not like about the multi tasking ability?

i find it very easy to multi task and BlackBerry to be extremely intuitive.

Details?

10-02-09 01:59 PM
    You're right.. They need to copy Apple's method of multitasking...

/s
    10-02-09 02:01 PM
    no, I love the way it multi-tasks. The thing i've noticed tho is that most newbies don't know about the multi-tasking ability. It's kinda hidden... Most none hardcore blackberry users don't even know about the hold on bb button function. Whereas android and web os is in ur face from the start
    10-02-09 04:36 PM
    Memory management on 5.0 OS's is amazing.

10-02-09 05:43 PM
    I find the multi-tasking ability to be somewhat intuitive...

I'm at a loss here.
    10-02-09 06:06 PM
    I multi-task so much, I set up my left side programmable button for the task switcher....
    Works for me! It's not quite as "cool" as the Palm Pre I've been playing with, but it works just as well...
    10-02-09 07:38 PM
    Multitasking on BB is the best in my opinion. I thought that the Pre did it the best, but after owning one for a short time I found that it was slower. The Pre's way of multitasking just looks better, it doesn't actually perform better.

10-02-09 09:29 PM
    Multitasking on BB is the best in my opinion. I thought that the Pre did it the best, but after owning one for a short time I found that it was slower. The Pre's way of multitasking just looks better, it doesn't actually perform better.

agreed completely
    10-02-09 09:33 PM
    agreed completely
    I agree too.
    10-02-09 09:44 PM
    Why does RIM need to change if people are too stupid to figure out multitasking on their own? Just like everything else in the world, we need to make it ***** proof so people don't feel inferior? What's in it for people who like to figure things out. Computers used to be nerd nirvana, and you needed real skill to use one. Now any moron can do just about anything, and computers aren't nearly as fun as they used to be because of it. Label me elitist. Label me stuck in the past, say what you will. I don't care. Morons should know they are morons, not coddled into thinking they are like everyone else.

10-02-09 09:48 PM
    On newer OSs, what's so hard to understand about �press and hold BB icon menu to open Application Switcher.�

10-02-09 11:56 PM
    Knowing how to press the end call button to bring you back to the home screen instantly is very helpful as well.
    10-03-09 04:40 AM
    I think the multitasking on BB's is fine as is. As a bb and smartphone noob, I had a lot of trouble at first though, the documentation that came with was pretty humble. If not for CrackBerry I would be having a lot of troubles with this thing, but thanks to the million+ members here I can use the thing pretty well.

10-03-09 07:48 AM
    Well, I walked out with a BB for the first time in December. My previous phone was the first Katana, zero multitasking. Very little computer experience also, so about 3 levels below your average noob to start, and I figured out the app switcher the second day. So it can't be all that hard.

And like others, my left convenience key is slaved to the app switcher, and I use it all the time, especially to import links that I send to e-mail.

10-03-09 08:31 AM
    Well it is on the menu when you hit the BB button, so it is discoverable in that way. As far as holding the BB button or pressing Alt+BB, that might be harder to find out on your own.
    10-03-09 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD