Got a problem with me being here? Too bad. I left the platform, it doesn't mean I can't participate in an open forum. I use to own BlackBerrys, I still have an opinion on them and I am able to express it freely. I have a life. You caring about me being here makes me question yours. Although, I really don't give a crap. No one is making you read my posts, move on.
    While it is true you have a right to voice an opinion, can you honestly say that you and the other ex-blackberry trolls really need to voice the exact same whinges in every single thread on this board?

I think people get it by now that you don't like blackberry, but you need to get the fact that you are not going to convince people who don't share your opinion by simply dragging up the same complaints all the time.
    08-22-10 04:33 PM
    While it is true you have a right to voice an opinion, can you honestly say that you and the other ex-blackberry trolls really need to voice the exact same whinges in every single thread on this board?

I think people get it by now that you don't like blackberry, but you need to get the fact that you are not going to convince people who don't share your opinion by simply dragging up the same complaints all the time.
    By the same token, you are not going to convince the ex-Blackberry faithful or those of us who are not going to stay with Blackberry unless a true competitor from RIM is released. Everyone has their opinions. That's the beauty of a message board, everyone gets to state their opinions.

Just because you don't agree with the other poster, doesn't mean they are a troll. Saying that they are just makes you as guilty of being a troll yourself.
    08-22-10 04:40 PM
    Call quality usually depends on the baseband and modem firmware, not the OS. Think of it as upgrading the firmware on your router or something similar. The way a phone OS interacts with the baseband is similar.

Again, you too are confusing features with the OS.
    Actually, I simply mistyped os when I meant platform, but the original point about the blackberry os being more than simply a ui that could be slapped on top of android isn't invalidated.
    08-22-10 04:41 PM
    By the same token, you are not going to convince the ex-Blackberry faithful or those of us who are not going to stay with Blackberry unless a true competitor from RIM is released. Everyone has their opinions. That's the beauty of a message board, everyone gets to state their opinions.

Just because you don't agree with the other poster, doesn't mean they are a troll. Saying that they are just makes you as guilty of being a troll yourself.
    People who still like blackberry are not concerned with convincing those who have moved onto other devices though, that is the crucial difference, they have come to a BlackBerry site to discuss that device and it isn't unreasonable for them to be able to do so without all threads being turned into another blackberry bashing session by the trolls.

I am not calling him a troll because I disagree with him, I am calling him and other posters trolls because of their seeming refusal to allow any positive posts about blackberry to go unanswered by the same tired complaints that anyone who has spent more than 5 minutes on this board will have seen from them before.
    08-22-10 04:51 PM
    People who still like blackberry are not concerned with convincing those who have moved onto other devices though, that is the crucial difference, they have come to a BlackBerry site to discuss that device and it isn't unreasonable for them to be able to do so without all threads being turned into another blackberry bashing session by the trolls.

I am not calling him a troll because I disagree with him, I am calling him and other posters trolls because of their seeming refusal to allow any positive posts about blackberry to go unanswered by the same tired complaints that anyone who has spent more than 5 minutes on this board will have seen from them before.
    So, by your definition, this board should be a utopia where nothing negative is said about Blackberry because RIM is awesome. Sounds like an Apple mentality to me which will spell disaster.

No company or product are perfect. Being able to point out flaws and see that there are alternatives out there that are making the current line up look limp needs to be said. Yes there are circumstances where the current Blackberry line up make be good enough. That is in the business sector, not the consumer. Reality is in order to move forward, you need to know where your weakest link(s) are and fix them before it's too late.
    08-22-10 04:57 PM
    Hahaha this is a funny article... Blogs and media in general is ridiculously biased ... Most write as a bunch of Android/iPhone fans... Sad...
    08-22-10 05:00 PM

+1000

10 char
    08-22-10 05:03 PM
    Um no, just NO!

Switching BB to Android would be a disaster in epic proportions for RIM. The Android market is already flooded to the point where there are too many choices of phones that are essentially the same thing. BB would get lost in a sea if Android devicee, gaining almost nothing while losing their core users. Having options is a good thing! Besides, many of us like the BB OS and that is why we stick around. ilI wouldn't even consider a BB without BB OS...

But, I think most if us will agree that RIM needs to stop being so cheap or hard headed on some things. And most of them aren't difficult...they just need to pull their heads out of their behinds and do it! So keep the BB OS, but fix the issues that users have been griping about for the past two years or so!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-10 05:41 PM
    RIM needs to base their OS off Linux, driven by a community, a big one, and still keep everything secure, solid, stable and safe, still allowing bug fixes.

Of course, that'll never happen. BB OS is fine the way it is and I like it that way.

08-22-10 09:04 PM

+10000

10 char
    08-22-10 09:28 PM
    So, by your definition, this board should be a utopia where nothing negative is said about Blackberry because RIM is awesome. Sounds like an Apple mentality to me which will spell disaster.

No company or product are perfect. Being able to point out flaws and see that there are alternatives out there that are making the current line up look limp needs to be said. Yes there are circumstances where the current Blackberry line up make be good enough. That is in the business sector, not the consumer. Reality is in order to move forward, you need to know where your weakest link(s) are and fix them before it's too late.
    Just a question: Do you understand the definition of a troll?

08-22-10 10:28 PM
    Ever wonder why Android devices hardware is more advanced? I am pretty sure is because with many manufacturers using the same Android OS they have nothing else to compete with but hardware, which is good but also bad, why buy a 4G capable phone even with the hope of 4G being rolled out soon when the reality, at least where I live, is there will be no 4G for many years, I barely have any 3G. By the time we would get 4G here you'll be able to buy a 10G(joke) Android.

Why buy a Ferrari when the speed limit is 70mph? To help you get to work or just show off but suffer?

08-23-10 03:35 AM
    To be frank , i think android OS is more for kids please..android sux ..even worse than iphone ..i still prefer blackberry and i dont think is necessary for BB to switch to android, BB sales around asia is picking up real fast, to be frank a crackberry do not need a junkie android ..
    08-23-10 02:01 PM
    Hack your Blackberry and put android OS on it. Let us know how it goes.
    08-23-10 02:10 PM
    I think all burger places should only make Big Macs if they want to keep up...
    08-23-10 02:46 PM
    To be frank , i think android OS is more for kids please..android sux ..even worse than iphone ..i still prefer blackberry and i dont think is necessary for BB to switch to android, BB sales around asia is picking up real fast, to be frank a crackberry do not need a junkie android ..
    I hope you are more intelligent in real life than this post makes you look. Android is not "junk", you just do not prefer it. Android is not for kids, the OS can be used by anyone. Just like EVERY OTHER OS. It is only BB users that feel that BBs are the only phones for adults. Tell that to the millions of high school teens texting and BBMing in class.
    08-23-10 03:23 PM
    I think all burger places should only make Big Macs if they want to keep up...
    But just image where they all might be if they all had McDonald's Fries....
    08-23-10 04:10 PM
    But just image where they all might be if they all had McDonald's Fries....
    Everytime I eat fast food I feel like I'm going to die, so I try to limit myself to a few times a year, but McDonald's fries are the best.
    08-23-10 04:27 PM
    What is it about a portable, scalable, and open source operating system that's suitable for kids, exactly?
    08-23-10 05:02 PM
    What is it about a portable, scalable, and open source operating system that's suitable for kids, exactly?
    It's not really the OS, it's the UI. You must admit it's a bit toy like, doesn't exactly look like something a suited professional would pull out of his pocket, little robot and all.

08-23-10 07:00 PM
    It's not really the OS, it's the UI. You must admit it's a bit toy like, doesn't exactly look like something a suited professional would pull out of his pocket, little robot and all.

How does it look like a toy? What screams Fisher-Price? Please explain. A homescreen of Android looks more like a desktop computer. Are you talking about animations? If so, those can be turned off.

This toy argument is garbage and annoying. I'm sorry it isn't stale and plain looking, that must be your definition of professional right?
    08-23-10 07:07 PM
    How does it look like a toy? What screams Fisher-Price? Please explain. A homescreen of Android looks more like a desktop computer. Are you talking about animations? If so, those can be turned off.

This toy argument is garbage and annoying. I'm sorry it isn't stale and plain looking, that must be your definition of professional right?
    It's public perception dude, just look at the blackberry/apple/android logos, say what you want but a little robot doesn't exactly say pick me to professional that's gonna mix with others , that's how most people buy their stuff, think cars, handbags, shoes etc

Plain looking? Of course, how many people turn up for work in a bright flowery shirt and shorts? It's what society demands.

08-23-10 07:24 PM
    Not News, not Rumors. Moved to General Discussions
    08-23-10 07:31 PM
    It's public perception dude, just look at the blackberry/apple/android logos, say what you want but a little robot doesn't exactly say pick me to professional that's gonna mix with others , that's how most people buy their stuff, think cars, handbags, shoes etc

Plain looking? Of course, how many people turn up for work in a bright flowery shirt and shorts? It's what society demands.

What car logo looks like a toy? I don't get what you're saying.

Green Robot or not, people in the business market want it. It is known and reported. Some just haven't adopted it yet because it doesn't have the security requirements, while at other businesses it does. Also, there is no "little green robot" on my device. Actually, there is no Android logo on ANY device besides the "with Google" branding as far as I know.

When I see a business man/woman using an Android device or iPhone, I don't look at them any differently. They use what they use to get things done. There is nothing unprofessional about using a device you want to use throughout your workday, as long as it provides you with the necessary tools you need to work.
    08-23-10 07:37 PM
    What car logo looks like a toy? I don't get what you're saying.

Green Robot or not, people in the business market want it. It is known and reported. Some just haven't adopted it yet because it doesn't have the security requirements, while at other businesses it does. Also, there is no "little green robot" on my device. Actually, there is no Android logo on ANY device besides the "with Google" branding as far as I know.

When I see a business man/woman using an Android device or iPhone, I don't look at them any differently. They use what they use to get things done. There is nothing unprofessional about using a device you want to use throughout your workday, as long as it provides you with the necessary tools you need to work.
    Haha yeah I guess the lil Green Robot doesn't keep me from android! But the touchscreen texting does! I dunno maybe next upgrade I will give it a true 30 day test and c if I could get used to it because I agree the android devices do seem nice and it would be nice to see RIM do a little more to compete!
    08-23-10 07:42 PM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD