The way i see it, ALL iPhone, blackberry and android fans lose.
    You've all just fallen on some marketing ploy, while those companies laugh it off witht he millions they get annually.

Bottom line, whether a gadget is rubbish or not, there's not much that these device fanatics can do. It all goes down to preference.

and ps. android, blackberry or iphone haters trolling does not even change anything.
    04-17-11 02:09 AM
    In the end symbian WILL be victorious

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    TheMarco likes this.
    04-17-11 03:11 AM
    Congratulations on having a Tegra 2 in your toy.
    I don't understand why people attempt to compare the BlackBerry hardware to the hardware in the brand newish android phones or the iPhone.
    BlackBerry OS is one of the only mobile OS's that can run on a 624 mhz processor with 512mb of ram wonderfully. There's just no point in comparing the hardware when you don't NEED that kind of hardware to run the BlackBerry OS.
    The android phones are good don't get me wrong, but in 6-8 months when the brand new, triple core 2ghz processor with 2gb of ram Samsung/Htc phones come out with android 2.7 (or whatever) good luck upgrading your 'old' phone to the new OS. That's the bad thing with Android. The new builds of Android are built for the brand new phones, with brand new hardware. There isn't any support for older phones. The manufacturers don't make the software. That's is what is wrong with Android. Google doesn't care that your phone is old. (6 months old) They won't allow you to update your phone. RIM is a unique company that actually supports you if you have an older phone (2 years old).
    Even the new blackberries will have hardware only on par with a Galaxy S or G2/MT4G device, so the argument will still apply when the new ones come out - in months...

There is support for Older Phones. Galaxy S devices in Europe are getting Gingerbread now. They were released with Eclair. The Vibrant got its third update from T-Mobile 4 days ago - and these are SAMSUNG devices...

If you pick a crappy mid-ranged phone then no you aren't going to get supported well.

BTW, how good is RIM's support for Blackberry Storm 2 and the like?

The OPs branding of other phone's as "toys" was equally obnoxious, but just cause he wasn't talking about blackberries you're willing to basically give him a pass on this behavior while lambasting that poster? Get a grip.

P.S. The phone's hardware is directly related to its capabilities. If your phone gets older or falls out of support (i.e. 14-18 months after purchase) then there is still the option of getting the latest OS version from places like XDA, the same way you people get leaked ROMs to put them on your BBs because RIM is being slow as **** with carrier updates...

I rather have a few hours less battery life than have to go through 4+ phones to get one without a defective keyboard, or replace the keyboard membrane in it so that it works correctly (my and many people's experience with the Bold 9780) :P
    Last edited by N8ter; 04-17-11 at 03:54 AM.
    04-17-11 03:50 AM
    No. I mean if I need to test it to know how fast it is then I am not happy with the performance, unless...wait for it...the test is needed to impress others. If it is fast, great...use it and love it...but...you need others to know how fast it is...you can't discern the difference in speed without a test to prove it. You are...the rolling eye guy. That's cool. Enjoy and try not to be so serious.
    Look here fan boy, your getting you're granny panties in a bunch and not I. I'm actually getting a kick out of this thread and those who defend "the little phone that could", makes for good comedy.
    04-17-11 08:21 AM
    I didn't think it would turn into a Blackberry/Android/iPhone fight. All I wanted to convey was how some people are still loyal to Blackberry for whatever reason it is.

Of course, kids that own toys, have to put their 2 cents in with their "fast "fast" smartphone. Sorta remind me of Rebecca Black*

If you don't know who she is by now, Youtube her, she's a lot of fun fun fun.
    tkwolf likes this.
    04-17-11 08:54 AM
    I don't care about hardware or specs. My BB does what I need it to do and it does it well. That's all I care about.
    04-17-11 09:08 AM
    Why won't these threads stop? It's all about what the consumer wants. If I want a SmartPhone for more entertainment needs, I would prefer a Droid or iPhone, as would anyone else if they wanted a mobile phone/entertainment device. I love having emails come to my phone instantly, BBM, full QWERTY keyboard, etc.. Everyone has their own opinion on what is better, there's no point in arguing about it.
    Last edited by McStoner; 04-17-11 at 03:03 PM.
    04-17-11 09:51 AM
    Look here fan boy, your getting you're granny panties in a bunch and not I. I'm actually getting a kick out of this thread and those who defend "the little phone that could", makes for good comedy.
    Nice grammar.
    04-17-11 10:00 AM
    What McStoner said, these "my phone is better than you phone" threads do nothing but incite flame wars.

04-17-11 02:17 PM
    wait just a second here. I was told that all the kids are using BBs. Now you tell me they are all getting rid of them. That's what I thought too. Thanks for clearing that up!
    04-17-11 02:22 PM
    ****- why the **** do we have an android and iphone forum? so they can come over and troll? I don't see a blackberry section on the android forums.

I think it's time for the crackberry team to re-think having those forums and cut them off.
    gravymonster likes this.
    04-17-11 05:50 PM
    ****- why the **** do we have an android and iphone forum? so they can come over and troll? I don't see a blackberry section on the android forums.

I think it's time for the crackberry team to re-think having those forums and cut them off.
    I noticed they move them down towards the bottom today. Maybe thats a step to deleting them.
    04-17-11 05:57 PM
    04-17-11 05:58 PM
    I don't care about hardware or specs. My BB does what I need it to do and it does it well. That's all I care about.
    It's not just about you, it's about the market as a whole. If what BBs did currently was all they needed, they would still be leading the market... Same can be said of Nokia, WinMo, etc. All of those platforms/manufacturers were slow to respond to change, and are paying for it.

There are lots of people who say Symbian/WinMo does what they need, that's all they care about, and they don't give a **** about specs.

Have fun with your phone with old hardware that's guaranteed to not get an update to the latest OS version almost a year before it's released :P I guess RIM knows they have enough fans that it won't matter, but if Samsung had said "The Galaxy S isn't getting FroYo, we're waiting for Dual Core phones for Gingerbread, too!" they wouldn't have sold 10mil+ of them...

Why do RIM customers buy into their transparently disgusting marketing antics? I know the phones aren't THAT good, cause I've had one, used one, and know a couple people who have them...
    04-17-11 09:52 PM
    The majority of android/iphone users on this forum joined when they had blackberries. For me, I love the community so I choose to stay. For the most part, android/iphone users remain civil until provoked...calling our current devices "toys" for example. Statements like this come from people who have little to no working knowledge of these phones, they just go by their own (often faulty) perception. Then we get called trolls when trying to correct the misinformation. And going as far as to say people who use other devices should leave cb? That's just mean. I'm not brand loyal. I use whatever fits my needs most at any given time. I'm interested in learning about the upcoming QNX devices...but according to some people I should leave just because I currently use an android powered phone? Come on, now.
    ThaGeNeCySt likes this.
    04-17-11 09:55 PM
    The majority of android/iphone users on this forum joined when they had blackberries. For me, I love the community so I choose to stay. For the most part, android/iphone users remain civil until provoked...calling our current devices "toys" for example. Statements like this come from people who have little to no working knowledge of these phones, they just go by their own (often faulty) perception. Then we get called trolls when trying to correct the misinformation. And going as far as to say people who use other devices should leave cb? That's just mean. I'm not brand loyal. I use whatever fits my needs most at any given time. I'm interested in learning about the upcoming QNX devices...but according to some people I should leave just because I currently use an android powered phone? Come on, now.
    A great big thank you for this post.

04-18-11 01:51 AM
    Jesus people, in the end these are just phones. Most of you act as this is your main purpose in life is too argue over your priced phone....look at me I am a Tegra Dual core phone, I laugh at all your poor low spec'd/outdated phones...

I mean I don't mind the debates...to a point, but some of yall defend it way beyond the norm...

More important things out there.

Posted by my low spec'd/outdated phone....oh woe with me!

04-18-11 02:43 AM
    This thread took me back to when I used to call iPhones toys (I had a bad breakup with a 3GS) and despised Android until I meet an Atrix that turned my head so fast it nearly gave me whiplash.
    I have BB and it is my *preferred* platform. However, I am enjoying my Atrix - it's taking a lot of effort on my part, but I'm learning. I was about to try iOS again until the Atrix got in the way.
    *If* I could only keep one device I would keep the BB. But I am keeping both. They each have specific functions that are special enough. *For me* I find communication and reliability higher on the BB. *For me* I find media on an Android kills the BB. So, *I* call my BB my working horse, go-to device and my Atrix my kick-back, on the train, entertainment device.
    *If* my Atrix did not force me into GMail, had better notifications, deeper profiles, and a reliable battery life that could see me through one full day on the network, I would put my BB on my secondary line and my Atrix as my primary device.
    Right now my Atrix is a very demanding lover - my BB is a very dependable husband.

04-18-11 03:10 AM
    This thread took me back to when I used to call iPhones toys (I had a bad breakup with a 3GS) and despised Android until I meet an Atrix that turned my head so fast it nearly gave me whiplash.
    I have BB and it is my *preferred* platform. However, I am enjoying my Atrix - it's taking a lot of effort on my part, but I'm learning. I was about to try iOS again until the Atrix got in the way.
    *If* I could only keep one device I would keep the BB. But I am keeping both. They each have specific functions that are special enough. *For me* I find communication and reliability higher on the BB. *For me* I find media on an Android kills the BB. So, *I* call my BB my working horse, go-to device and my Atrix my kick-back, on the train, entertainment device.
    *If* my Atrix did not force me into GMail, had better notifications, deeper profiles, and a reliable battery life that could see me through one full day on the network, I would put my BB on my secondary line and my Atrix as my primary device.
    Right now my Atrix is a very demanding lover - my BB is a very dependable husband.

that sounds so dirty lol
    04-18-11 03:33 AM
    What do you expect from a barely preggers chck?!?!?!
    04-18-11 04:03 AM
    Jesus people, in the end these are just phones. Most of you act as this is your main purpose in life is too argue over your priced phone....look at me I am a Tegra Dual core phone, I laugh at all your poor low spec'd/outdated phones...

I mean I don't mind the debates...to a point, but some of yall defend it way beyond the norm...

More important things out there.

Posted by my low spec'd/outdated phone....oh woe with me!

Word.. More important things in life to worry about.
    04-18-11 04:23 AM
    I will start insulting everyone to create a flame war so the thread gets closed, such an even higher level of trolling never seen in blackberry/android/apple fanboys

Last edited by gbsn; 04-18-11 at 04:43 AM.
    04-18-11 04:39 AM
    people, we need to stop arguing and be glad we even HAVE A SMART/PHONE!
    04-18-11 05:15 AM
    Look. The bottom line is this. If Blackberry's had the same specs as the new android and ios devices, this wouldn't even be a conversation. People would prefer a Blackberry over other smartphones if they were powerful. But instead they're getting weaker. Message to RIM: Front and rear facing cameras on a device before 2012 or you are finished. Nevertheless, I'll ride with you till the end. Crackberry abuser, out!
    04-18-11 05:40 AM
    My work and other secure environments do not allow cameras so your requirement does not apply to all. Fact is there is no "one size fits all." My work BB without a camera goes in the building with me, my personal devices stay in my purse in my locker because they have cameras.
    04-18-11 06:15 AM
107 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD