I am not sure there's a real point behind my post, but I've been thinking of something and I thought to share it...

I recently joined twitter and I started reading a lot of the #blackberry hash tags to see if I can help someone and read what's going on in general with people's Blackberry

I was almost shocked to see how many people repeated the same sentence over and over again "leaving to iphone blackberry sux" or "no one is using a blackberry need me a droid"

It got me thinking, people that are here (including myself of course) are SUCH loyal fans. I mean, to me no matter what happens I will still prefer a Blackberry over any "toy" available in the market. I've convinced 13 of my friends to buy a Blackberry over an iPhone and I think if given the opportunity I would love to work for RIM's sales force.

To conclude, I feel in a way, we're special that we stick with what we like and not follow the crowd with a useless toy and choose to have a real smartphone.

Again, it may not make sense what I just wrote but I just wanted to let it out
    04-16-11 08:38 PM
    To conclude, I feel in a way, we're special that we stick with what we like and not follow the crowd with a useless toy and choose to have a real smartphone.
    You sure are special. You are so special that you do not realize that maybe these people buying these devies aren't just following a crowd. Maybe they actually want and like what they are buying.

These useless toys offer much more than you think, but your bias has obviously got the best of you. There is no need to trash something else just to justify what you like.

Also, I would like you to explain to me why so many High School students love BBs? Do you think people dont buy BBs just for BBM so they can talk with there friends and be in the special BBM groups where all the cool kids hang out? Would that not be considered following the crowd, or is it different because it involves BlackBerrys?
    ThaGeNeCySt likes this.
    04-16-11 08:45 PM
    Also, I would like you to explain to me why so many High School students love BBs? Do you think people dont buy BBs just for BBM so they can talk with there friends and be in the special BBM groups where all the cool kids hang out? Would that not be considered following the crowd, or is it different because it involves BlackBerrys?
    That's kind of an outdated argument since the birth of LiveProfile.
    04-16-11 09:10 PM
    I know very well what they offer, they are still toys. There is no satisfaction to fullfil. When a friend calls from his iPhone and has to call me two or three times in one conversation because his "smartphone" is not capable enough to do the basic functionality of a phone, then yes, he has a toy.

As for teenagers, if you read what I said, people are leaving Blackberry because "their friends" have moved somewhere else. From that you can conclude their Blackberry usage is mainly for BBM capabilities which typically means a teen that needs to feel connected. And those specific people are leaving. So your claim is not so valid.
    04-16-11 09:15 PM
    I conduct quite a bit of business from my "toy"

How bout you?

What do you use your super phone for?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Wiz-Six likes this.
    04-16-11 09:41 PM
    I am not sure there's a real point behind my post, but I've been thinking of something and I thought to share it...

I recently joined twitter and I started reading a lot of the #blackberry hash tags to see if I can help someone and read what's going on in general with people's Blackberry

I was almost shocked to see how many people repeated the same sentence over and over again "leaving to iphone blackberry sux" or "no one is using a blackberry need me a droid"

It got me thinking, people that are here (including myself of course) are SUCH loyal fans. I mean, to me no matter what happens I will still prefer a Blackberry over any "toy" available in the market. I've convinced 13 of my friends to buy a Blackberry over an iPhone and I think if given the opportunity I would love to work for RIM's sales force.

Again, it may not make sense what I just wrote but I just wanted to let it out
    You need to get out from under that rock and do some research. Take the blinders off and see the light. Get out of your bubble and see whats really outside.

Toy? You are completely clueless

Sent from my Tegra 2 Dual Core Processor "toy"
    04-16-11 09:52 PM
    I know very well what they offer, they are still toys. There is no satisfaction to fullfil. When a friend calls from his iPhone and has to call me two or three times in one conversation because his "smartphone" is not capable enough to do the basic functionality of a phone, then yes, he has a toy.

As for teenagers, if you read what I said, people are leaving Blackberry because "their friends" have moved somewhere else. From that you can conclude their Blackberry usage is mainly for BBM capabilities which typically means a teen that needs to feel connected. And those specific people are leaving. So your claim is not so valid.
    That's a network issue Einstein and has nothing to do with the device.

Read more and post less

Last edited by JD914; 04-16-11 at 10:05 PM.
    Technerd.McLeod likes this.
    04-16-11 09:55 PM
    You need to get out from under that rock and do some research. Take the blinders off and see the light. Get out of your bubble and see whats really outside.

Toy? You are completely clueless

Sent from my Tegra 2 Dual Core Processor "toy"
    We might have to remove your rolling eye rights if you keep abusing them. I agree the OP is off in suggesting that other smart phones are toys. I think all the offerings are capable and good at being used for all needs and it boils down to preference. I don't think your dual core does much more than allow you the opportunity to say I have dual core however. Enjoy that moment when you can though.
    tkwolf and rollingrock1988 like this.
    04-16-11 10:06 PM
    I have a blackberry and i like it, but I tried android recently and damn those are pretty good phones, Iphones too, they are very far from toys if you ask me, just cause they're more "entertaining" doesn't mean they're toys, they just appeal to a much broader crowd

04-16-11 10:11 PM
    We might have to remove your rolling eye rights if you keep abusing them. I agree the OP is off in suggesting that other smart phones are toys. I think all the offerings are capable and good at being used for all needs and it boils down to preference. I don't think your dual core does much more than allow you the opportunity to say I have dual core however. Enjoy that moment when you can though.
    2,600 plus benchmark score....how about your device?

You can test yours out after the eight minute reboot

Sent from my FAST FAST FAST Tegra 2 Powered toy
    Last edited by JD914; 04-16-11 at 10:14 PM.
    04-16-11 10:11 PM

No doubt. I know you didn't need to score it to know it was better though right? Anyway, more men will be your friend and more women will find you attractive. So many rolled eyes...they roll out of your head when you abuse that by the way. I'll be sure to test mine soon. That seems like a thing to do for sure.
    04-16-11 10:19 PM

Good for you, the OP can say what he wants about your "toy". Its his/her opinion. Acting obnoxiously does not do anything other than start a fight. An argument is acceptable though. Maybe if you weren't such a kid you wouldn't have an iPhone. <---See that was a joke. calm down
    04-16-11 10:30 PM

Congratulations on having a Tegra 2 in your toy.
    I don't understand why people attempt to compare the BlackBerry hardware to the hardware in the brand newish android phones or the iPhone.
    BlackBerry OS is one of the only mobile OS's that can run on a 624 mhz processor with 512mb of ram wonderfully. There's just no point in comparing the hardware when you don't NEED that kind of hardware to run the BlackBerry OS.
    The android phones are good don't get me wrong, but in 6-8 months when the brand new, triple core 2ghz processor with 2gb of ram Samsung/Htc phones come out with android 2.7 (or whatever) good luck upgrading your 'old' phone to the new OS. That's the bad thing with Android. The new builds of Android are built for the brand new phones, with brand new hardware. There isn't any support for older phones. The manufacturers don't make the software. That's is what is wrong with Android. Google doesn't care that your phone is old. (6 months old) They won't allow you to update your phone. RIM is a unique company that actually supports you if you have an older phone (2 years old).
    beamolite and anon(73368) like this.
    04-16-11 10:36 PM
    I don't understand why people attempt to compare the BlackBerry hardware to the hardware in the brand newish android phones or the iPhone.
    BlackBerry OS is one of the only mobile OS's that can run on a 624 mhz processor with 512mb of ram wonderfully. There's just no point in comparing the hardware when you don't NEED that kind of hardware to run the BlackBerry OS.
    The android phones are good don't get me wrong, but in 6-8 months when the brand new, triple core 2ghz processor with 2gb of ram Samsung/Htc phones come out with android 2.7 (or whatever) good luck upgrading your 'old' phone to the new OS. That's the bad thing with Android. The new builds of Android are built for the brand new phones, with brand new hardware. There isn't any support for older phones. The manufacturers don't make the software. That's is what is wrong with Android. Google doesn't care that your phone is old. (6 months old) They won't allow you to update your phone. RIM is a unique company that actually supports you if you have an older phone (2 years old).
    Really ? Seriously are you really going there? So you're saying that the less than two year old bb can get 6.0? Wow.

Good luck getting qnx os on ANY bb that is released this year.

Wow.

K Bear likes this.
    04-16-11 10:47 PM
    Another BB vs Android/Iphone thread. Good job Jinxed!
    grover5 likes this.
    04-16-11 10:51 PM
    Another BB vs Android/Iphone thread. Good job Jinxed!
    This is the best post of the entire thread.

04-16-11 11:16 PM
    No doubt. I know you didn't need to score it to know it was better though right? Anyway, more men will be your friend and more women will find you attractive. So many rolled eyes...they roll out of your head when you abuse that by the way. I'll be sure to test mine soon. That seems like a thing to do for sure.
    You mean you're going to test that jalopy you call a Blackberry?
    04-16-11 11:18 PM
    Technerd.McLeod likes this.
    04-16-11 11:20 PM
    That said it much better than I did.

04-16-11 11:22 PM
    You mean you're going to test that jalopy you call a Blackberry?
    No. I mean if I need to test it to know how fast it is then I am not happy with the performance, unless...wait for it...the test is needed to impress others. If it is fast, great...use it and love it...but...you need others to know how fast it is...you can't discern the difference in speed without a test to prove it. You are...the rolling eye guy. That's cool. Enjoy and try not to be so serious.
    04-16-11 11:23 PM
    That said it much better than I did.

Many posts have and will continue to, but that isn't a reason for you to stop trying.
    04-16-11 11:26 PM
    Many posts have and will continue to, but that isn't a reason for you to stop trying.
    You're hilarious. I bet you just cracked yourself up with that one.

04-16-11 11:37 PM
    I conduct quite a bit of business from my "toy"

How bout you?

What do you use your super phone for?

I love your avatar, especially for some of the more heated threads
    04-16-11 11:48 PM
    I dont mean to bash android, I am getting my soon to be wife one, ill hang on to my BB though. But seriously, does anyone get the feeling with all these new super cored & overly functional lighting fast toys that google & manufacturers are rushing & outdoing eachother & themselves that I cant help but get the feeling that there will be a lot of android phones in the garbage heap shortly after the new ones come out, it is rediculous how fast they come out with a shiny new function.
    04-16-11 11:57 PM
    I dont mean to bash android, I am getting my soon to be wife one, ill hang on to my BB though. But seriously, does anyone get the feeling with all these new super cored & overly functional lighting fast toys that google & manufacturers are rushing & outdoing eachother & themselves that I cant help but get the feeling that there will be a lot of android phones in the garbage heap shortly after the new ones come out, it is rediculous how fast they come out with a shiny new function.
    nah, there are still 60 million BB owners that still need to pick them up and give them a new home
    04-17-11 12:09 AM
107 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD