Rim had to lower profit expectations for the next quarter, a pretty significant amount when you consider the estimates of public companies traded with many analysts on board.

Rim is not trading in after hours, but I expect at least a 5% haircut ah today and tomorrow trading.

Edit: 3:32 Rim down 9.84%
    Last edited by mustangv8; 04-28-11 at 03:32 PM. Reason: add
    04-28-11 03:17 PM
    Apparently phone shipments are down. Its probably that rather than the earnings expectation that has hit the share price so significantly.
    04-28-11 04:06 PM
    Research In Motion Provides Updated Q1 Guidance

At least give the post some context.
    andyahs likes this.
    04-28-11 04:15 PM
    From that web link:

"This shortfall is primarily due to shipment volumes of BlackBerry smartphones that are now expected to be at the lower end of the range of 13.5-14.5 million forecasted in March and a shift in the expected mix of devices shipped towards handsets with lower average selling prices."
    04-28-11 04:26 PM
    Research In Motion Provides Updated Q1 Guidance

At least give the post some context.
    I got mine from a more reputable source.

Plus if you look at the time I posted, before anyone else on this board, there was not a written article about why. It was only listed as a line and eps number. Something your common CB here would not understand.

I trade stocks kid.
    04-28-11 05:05 PM

Plus if you look at the time I posted, before anyone else on this board, there was not a written article about why. It was only listed as a line and eps number. Something your common CB here would not understand.

I trade stocks kid.
    Maybe you do trade stocks, however, not all of us do. I certainly don't, and reading first post that had me lost. Even quoting the line and EPS (and explaining it to us 'common CB') would have been enough. The mod had a point.

Although in response to this, I believe this is more due to the mindshare being turned against RIM. I only recently got told I was a ***** for having a BlackBerry Torch while I was eating my breakfast, and being called a 'true fanboy' for wanting the tablet! As it's such an expensive outdated device. I did say I was gonna go for Android next, but that was just to shake the bloody guy off me! As long as it works, and as long as RIM keep producing devices, the marketshare won't hurt me. However, the mindshare is what, if you ask me, is causing the most damage to the stocks. As you can see above, people take an aggressive attitude against RIM nowadays.
    Last edited by Paladinleeds; 04-28-11 at 05:11 PM.
    04-28-11 05:09 PM

I trade stocks kid.
    Add some valuable content to the site, not just some rambling stock trading nonsense that no one understands.. That's what I did by posting the link. So you know, the "common CB" can relate to what you're saying at least.

Are all stock traders wound as tight as you? If so.. I'll gladly pass on investing since I like to remain calm and relaxed.
    Daniel Ratcliffe likes this.
    04-28-11 05:45 PM
    You tell 'em foo!
    04-28-11 05:48 PM
    After reading the article it doesn't sound as bad as people were making it sound. Sure they're profits are projected to be down by a bit but they are still making a fair amount. With new devices coming out it may bump it up. Hopefully it does. Then it will instill some faith back into the stock holders.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-11 06:04 PM
    Let's keep this same discussion to one thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/rim...ast-q1-609925/
    04-28-11 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD