I'm really sad to see Jim go. Him and Mike were the team who basically invented the smartphone...the smartphone!
    With Jim's departure, is RIM losing its Canadian status? I want to see this company remain Canadian for the rest of its life. They said that a buy out from Microsoft or Nokia is possible if all else fails, and if that happens then what Canadian features will it still hold? If it is owned by an American company...people will see it as exactly that.
    bbmme likes this.
    03-29-12 08:13 PM
    What does it matter if it's an American or Canadian company ?

It's 2012. We live in a globalized society and RIM is a global company. It just happens that they are based in Canada.
    app_Developer likes this.
    03-29-12 08:50 PM
    What does it matter if it's an American or Canadian company ?
    If you have to ask the question, you obviously do not understand the implications of Research In Motion not remaining a Canadian company.
    drummer_god and bbmme like this.
    03-29-12 08:54 PM
    I don't think Jim's leaving makes the company any less Canadian.

There are some who put a lot of the blame for RIM's decline on Jim, for better or worse, but it's hard to argue the fact that the guy had a big mouth.
    VanCity778 likes this.
    03-29-12 08:55 PM
    If you have to ask the question, you obviously do not understand the implications of Research In Motion not remaining a Canadian company.
    I assume you're talking about jobs? What if all the jobs stayed there?
    Last edited by kbz1960; 03-29-12 at 08:58 PM. Reason: s
    VanCity778 likes this.
    03-29-12 08:58 PM
    implications ? What ? a few Jobs and tax revenue ?

I HATE all of these American/Canadian comparisons. RIM is a global company. GET IT ?!?!

All this flag waving needs to stop. It's childish.
    03-29-12 08:59 PM
    implications ? What ? a few Jobs and tax revenue ?

I HATE all of these American/Canadian comparisons. RIM is a global company. GET IT ?!?!

All this flag waving needs to stop. It's childish.
    Seems like your the only one here who doesn't appreciate RIM's place in Canada. Childish? Children often worry about which companies are Canadian? That is news to me.
    drummer_god likes this.
    03-29-12 09:06 PM
    Seems like your the only one here who doesn't appreciate RIM's place in Canada. Childish? Children often worry about which companies are Canadian? That is news to me.
    A Canadian company that depends on the US Market to survive...feels a little ironic. Especially since the new CEO is German, and he's the one booting out the Canadians, including Balsillie.
    03-29-12 10:07 PM
    RIM is Canadian?!?! I always thought they were French....
    03-29-12 10:10 PM
    RIM is Canadian?!?! I always thought they were French....
    LMFAO!!!

Bonjour!!
    03-29-12 10:13 PM
    A Canadian company that depends on the US Market to survive...feels a little ironic. Especially since the new CEO is German, and he's the one booting out the Canadians, including Balsillie.
    Ironic Indeed!

"You wanna build something the right way? Put a German on it."

George Clooney
    - The Peacemaker -
    03-29-12 10:15 PM
    A german definitely was needed at the helm. I think RIM got themselves the right guy. Miracles still need to happen though.
    Yoox_II likes this.
    03-30-12 12:55 AM
    RIM like Canada is a multiculteral melting pot.
    03-30-12 02:04 AM
    I seriously hope not eh
    03-30-12 02:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD