Hello all,

I use a Bold 9900 as my daily driver. I also have an iphone 4 that I have relegated to ipod status. I feel RIM leaves soooo much on the table in terms of advertising. They don't advertise features as effectively as they could/should. Why don't they definitively advertise apps like BB Traffic which offers FREE turn by turn navigation, or BB Protect which allows remote backup, wipe, and security. I like the Bold 9900 commercials that have come out. I just think they need to place more emphasis on educating the consumer by explicitly listing the features by name rather than showing off some apps in the context of getting things done and expecting the viewer to implicitly have a knowledge of the platform. You can only expect people to know what you tell them, not what you assume they know. With RIM's profile as low as its ever been right now they need to be more proactive and clear with their message. Forget talking about what you don't have..market the out of what you do have. Spend the $$ on great advertisement..you can't take it with you. I'm continually amazed by 2 things: How good a phone the 9900 is & how poor the push behind it is. You'd be surprised how many people DON'T know about this phone and what it can do. I'm not a fanboy saying it's the best phone in the world. I'm just saying it's a lot better than most people know or realize. For that, RIM should be held totally accountable.

Apologies for the long post (guess that's my first rant).
    stevepar and Clinto like this.
    01-09-12 12:55 AM
    I'm sure they are. New Years was the start of a $100M campaign for 2012 I think. Hopefully we see a lot more advertising from BlackBerry on all of their products and apps.
    01-09-12 01:15 AM
    +1

they need to really push the advertising this year if they want to make it to be alive in order to even launch BB10 come Q3/Q4 2012.
    01-09-12 01:35 AM
    +1 Good thing the phone is good enough for its users to show off or nobody would be doing it...
    01-09-12 03:08 AM
    The Marketing Department within Research In Motion are worse than useless unless there role is to destroy the BlackBerry brand in which case the team is doing a bang-up job.
    01-09-12 03:54 AM
    The best advertising is positive media reviews and viral marketing...if you like the device, tell others..if the media keeps bashing and slamming blackberry, consumers won't be convinced...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-09-12 04:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD