RIM's performance is really starting to dwindle.

With all due respect, the CEOs were total pioneers when they took a simple idea of instant e-mail and turned it into reality, making them household names and market leaders for years.

However, technology (as always) progressed. Apple released the iPhone. While it's features were not really so cutting edge, it's cult like following made it the top selling smartphone, up to this day. Apple also caught up with the times by adding features that have been present in the past (video calling- Face Time, voice recognition applications - Siri), as well as improving on the hardware aspects. It's app selection is unsurpassed. Google released Android as an open source platform that was adopted by Samsung and HTC among others.

Fast forward to today- and Blackberries are behind the times. Push e-mail, which used to be it's strength, is now standard on iPhones and Android devices. In some aspects, the push e-mail execution on iOS5 and Gingerbread are even superior. It didn't help that a 3 day outage happened, affecting major businesses over the world.

Hardware wise, Blackberries are simply playing catch-up. The recent release of their flagship device, the 9900, did show that they can compete. However, even with the 9900, contemporaries like the iPhone4S and Samsung Galaxy Nexus continue to leapfrog the 9900. This becomes a cycle where RIM, once again, needs to catch-up.

RIM is no longer an innovator, nor a pioneer. They released their first tablet to compete with the iPad2, bearing QNX, which hopes to be the leading OS. True, QNX shows a lot of promise with it's stability and unbeatable multi-tasking. However, it has received little support in terms of application development.

BBX, which is yet to happen, looks dismal at the moment as this is another catch-up OS. This is a big unknown at the moment. However, I am not confident it will deliver.

Why is that? Simple. The top folks who run RIM lack two things that are so imperative in making a business successful: strong and near flawless execution, and integrity.

Their new flagship device, the Blackberry Bold 9900, took too long to release and alienated Blackberry devotees. When it was indeed released, there were many reports of build and battery issues (look at the 9900 forum here).

The Blackberry Playbook, while bearing good hardware, was promised to play Android applications. In addition to this, it was released without basic PIM applications but a "Coming Soon" claim was also provided.

The latest on the Playbook, of course, is that OS2, which was supposed to help solve it's many inferior aspects, got a delay in it's release. Again.

The CEOs took the extra mile in apologizing to customers who were affected by the outage by giving away free apps. Looking at the apps that were indeed released though, most of them are not even supported on Blackberry's latest OS7, making the effort botched at best.

As a consumer, I really don't find anything too amazing about Apple and Google. However, they do have proper execution and integrity. They actually listen to their customers' complaints and concerns.

Take a look at this picture, which Crackberry posted last May 3, 2011. It is November and it seems this has been forgotten. Yes, this is just a simple little game called "Angry Birds", but this is just one example of the many things that tell us that the CEOs of RIM lack integrity.

Thanks for taking the time to hear me out.
    rdkempt, K Bear and Shlooky like this.
    11-03-11 06:25 AM
    Google TV added a full version of Angry Birds on the Logitech Revue too. It sucks too much memory and has to be removed in order for the device to work properly.

I'm blaming Angry Birds.
    11-03-11 06:31 AM
    Hey Skywalker..... Did someone at RIM turn you down for a date or what?

Do you get paid to search for bad news about RIM all day or is it just for spite?

You should go have fun with whatever you use instead of spending your time looking for things about a company you hate.
    11-03-11 07:07 AM
    Hey Skywalker..... Did someone at RIM turn you down for a date or what?
    Do you get paid to search for bad news about RIM all day or is it just for spite?
    You should go have fun with whatever you use instead of spending your time looking for things about a company you hate.
    he's self contaminating ... boring.
    11-03-11 07:19 AM
    No need to thank me, I didn't read past the first paragraph.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-11 07:28 AM
    Talk about focusing on the negatives. Once you started talking about the 9900s I was like hey, he's gonna talk about how it's selling so well with widely positive reviews.

But it was about the issues it had. Most of them have been fixed by now btw. And lets not forget the iPhone4S had somewhat of the same issues.
    11-03-11 10:30 AM
    i cannot disagree with a single thing he has said. powerful as qnx may be, incompetent management has left it in the dust. likewise, if the same or similiar strategies are applied to bbx, it will fail hard regardless of whether it is the "best" on the market or not.

assuming the wiki definition of "troll" holds true, almost every poster before me on this thread deserves to be banned. if you have nothing better to say, don't say it.
    Shlooky likes this.
    11-03-11 10:37 AM
    I have a bad feeling about this thread... There's about to be a war! I'm staying out of it!
    Shlooky likes this.
    11-03-11 10:44 AM
    Dear OP,
    I hope you have good trust in your flame suit, otherwise run for dear life.
    11-03-11 10:46 AM
    This is was the OP does all day. He goes from thread to thread and posts the same thing/topic, just in different words. Look through his/her history. I'm just going to report this thread. This is ridiculous.
    poorsha and TrespassersW like this.
    11-03-11 10:52 AM
    If you had read my post in its entirety, you will find that there was no trolling involved. For me, trolling is posting non sense and hateful words.

However, try to read my post again and you will find that this was written almost in essay form, and I tried to stray away from making a mockery of anything or anyone. I simply pointed out as many facts as I could.

But here, let me focus on something I wrote in the original post- I mentioned that BBX is a big unknown, and I don't think it will deliver the goods because of RIM's leadership.

However- if they bring someone in who has the right vision, honesty, and out of the box thinking- Blackberry can still be successful.

Hey- I'd love to go back to Blackberries once they become useful and competent again. I still believe it has it's own strengths, they just need to learn how to accept that they have been overtaken and move on.
    11-03-11 11:02 AM
    unfortunately this is neither new, nor news...

RIM has always talked the talk, but always forget to walk the walk..
    Shlooky likes this.
    11-03-11 11:39 AM
    unfortunately this is neither new, nor news...

RIM has always talked the talk, but always forget to walk the walk..
    you'd be surprised i'm the one saying this, but i chose not to see this for a very long time. i guess i was a late "bloomer".
    11-03-11 11:43 AM
    If you had read my post in its entirety, you will find that there was no trolling involved. For me, trolling is posting non sense and hateful words.

However, try to read my post again and you will find that this was written almost in essay form, and I tried to stray away from making a mockery of anything or anyone. I simply pointed out as many facts as I could.

But here, let me focus on something I wrote in the original post- I mentioned that BBX is a big unknown, and I don't think it will deliver the goods because of RIM's leadership.

However- if they bring someone in who has the right vision, honesty, and out of the box thinking- Blackberry can still be successful.

Hey- I'd love to go back to Blackberries once they become useful and competent again. I still believe it has it's own strengths, they just need to learn how to accept that they have been overtaken and move on.
    I don't think you are a troll or anything. Your post is well written. It's just that there are so many other posts that say the same thing, just in a different way. It's so played. And you know how much a post like this ignites other posters to jump in and either bash you, or bash others who don't agree with you.

And your post servers no purpose. It's not helpful in the least, it offers no advice and doesn't enhance anyone's experience with their RIM product.

And if I remember from another one of your posts, you jumped to Android, right? Check out AndroidCentral.com; you'll see me there too. Those forums could use a few posts like yours to liven things up around there.
    11-03-11 11:58 AM
    So it's a pointless rant.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-11 12:14 PM
    I don't think you are a troll or anything. Your post is well written. It's just that there are so many other posts that say the same thing, just in a different way. It's so played. And you know how much a post like this ignites other posters to jump in and either bash you, or bash others who don't agree with you.

And your post servers no purpose. It's not helpful in the least, it offers no advice and doesn't enhance anyone's experience with their RIM product.

And if I remember from another one of your posts, you jumped to Android, right? Check out AndroidCentral.com; you'll see me there too. Those forums could use a few posts like yours to liven things up around there.
    Thanks for the comment. I'll check out the Android forum. :-)
    11-03-11 12:16 PM
    Thanks for the comment. I'll check out the Android forum. :-)
    I hope you do. Especially the tablet section. Compare it to the PlayBook section here. The Android tablet forum over there is dead. I'll post a question or comment about my GTab 8.9", and it won't get answered for days, if at all. The phone forums stay pretty lively as long as you have one of the newest phones.
    11-03-11 12:21 PM
    RIM's performance is really starting to dwindle.

With all due respect, the CEOs were total pioneers when they took a simple idea of instant e-mail and turned it into reality, making them household names and market leaders for years.
    Much more than just instant instant email Bud. They are the ones who invented the smart phone. They are the ones who gave us secure email, secure access to data, and free INSTANT messaging. What made it a household name I would have to say their BBM. Why? Drive by any mall/school/hangout. If ANYONE is using their phone, its not because of games or Apps. Its because of BBM. Apps are fun and a time waster but in reality people use their phones for communication via Voice/Email/Text Messaging/BBM. Games and Apps are there to waste your time.

However, technology (as always) progressed. Apple released the iPhone. While it's features were not really so cutting edge, it's cult like following made it the top selling smartphone, up to this day. Apple also caught up with the times by adding features that have been present in the past (video calling- Face Time, voice recognition applications - Siri), as well as improving on the hardware aspects. It's app selection is unsurpassed. Google released Android as an open source platform that was adopted by Samsung and HTC among others.
    Siri? Really? As long as Apple tells you its its revolutionairy, I'm sure you will make it that way. Imporving on hardware? Oh come on. There is a reason why Apple releases a new ipod/ipad/iphone/istuff every year. BECAUSE their stuff gets outdated too fast. Ipad 1 No camera, Ipad 2 now gets a camera, now you just gotts get yourself a new ipad don't ya? I'm sure the next ipad will have added RAM to make it the same as every other manufacturer out there, you'll need to get yourself another ipad again! Why because Apple will make sure you need that extra RAM. It doesnt matter what product it is, the fact is they give you stuff in a nice pretty package then u realize the year after that its now old and you already need an upgrade? Not bad eh? Apple is making a killing off you! Literally. Heard the news about the sweat shops Apple outsources their manufacturing to??? Add that comment to the "Lack of Integrity" comment.

Fast forward to today- and Blackberries are behind the times. Push e-mail, which used to be it's strength, is now standard on iPhones and Android devices. In some aspects, the push e-mail execution on iOS5 and Gingerbread are even superior. It didn't help that a 3 day outage happened, affecting major businesses over the world.
    Push email is better on an iPhone or Android??? Google is your friend. Do some research.

Hardware wise, Blackberries are simply playing catch-up. The recent release of their flagship device, the 9900, did show that they can compete. However, even with the 9900, contemporaries like the iPhone4S and Samsung Galaxy Nexus continue to leapfrog the 9900. This becomes a cycle where RIM, once again, needs to catch-up.
    Yes its a cycle. Each manufacturer plays catch up. Why???? BECAUSE ITS A CYCLE!!!! Whether its HTC/Apple/ Motorola/RIM/etc. Though some like to call their devices magical and revolutionairy. Wake up. Calling a device this does not make it so.

RIM is no longer an innovator, nor a pioneer. They released their first tablet to compete with the iPad2, bearing QNX, which hopes to be the leading OS. True, QNX shows a lot of promise with it's stability and unbeatable multi-tasking. However, it has received little support in terms of application development.
    It has recieved little support because it was basically the last OS out there!!! Both Google and Apple and even WebOS had a working Tablet WAY before RIM. Also consider RIM's tablet has only been around for what 7 or 8 months, and RIM has only aquired QNX back in 2010! Pretty impressive to come out with a tablet and create an entire ecosystem in that little time frame!!!

BBX, which is yet to happen, looks dismal at the moment as this is another catch-up OS. This is a big unknown at the moment. However, I am not confident it will deliver.
    I'm sure it doesnt matter what anyone tells you, the fact is by your thread we can already assume this.

Why is that? Simple. The top folks who run RIM lack two things that are so imperative in making a business successful: strong and near flawless execution, and integrity.

Their new flagship device, the Blackberry Bold 9900, took too long to release and alienated Blackberry devotees. When it was indeed released, there were many reports of build and battery issues (look at the 9900 forum here).

The Blackberry Playbook, while bearing good hardware, was promised to play Android applications. In addition to this, it was released without basic PIM applications but a "Coming Soon" claim was also provided. The latest on the Playbook, of course, is that OS2, which was supposed to help solve it's many inferior aspects, got a delay in it's release. Again.

The CEOs took the extra mile in apologizing to customers who were affected by the outage by giving away free apps. Looking at the apps that were indeed released though, most of them are not even supported on Blackberry's latest OS7, making the effort botched at best.

As a consumer, I really don't find anything too amazing about Apple and Google. However, they do have proper execution and integrity. They actually listen to their customers' complaints and concerns.
    Integrity? What like what Apple tells you about the battery in the Iphone 4S, No problem right? Hey maybe your just holding it wrong. Maybe if you complain enough and require getting Consumer Reports involved maybe, just maybe Apple might kinds sorta say there just might be a very small issue that ONLY affects just a couple of people. Good luck with that. Atleast RIM gave us something that I could actually use.

Take a look at this picture, which Crackberry posted last May 3, 2011. It is November and it seems this has been forgotten. Yes, this is just a simple little game called "Angry Birds", but this is just one example of the many things that tell us that the CEOs of RIM lack integrity.
    See my picture. (Hopefully it attaches properly) I'm still trying to find the magic in it. And the price??? Their products are the most expensive products out there.
    Last edited by steve911; 11-03-11 at 01:46 PM.
    AZ87 likes this.
    11-03-11 01:12 PM
    Steve911, rim's stock price went down the drain because rim's management team has the same mentality as you! Stuck in you own little cell and refuse to accept reality (failure).
    11-06-11 08:18 PM
    Much more than just instant instant email Bud. They are the ones who invented the smart phone. They are the ones who gave us secure email, secure access to data, and free INSTANT messaging. What made it a household name I would have to say their BBM. Why? Drive by any mall/school/hangout. If ANYONE is using their phone, its not because of games or Apps. Its because of BBM. Apps are fun and a time waster but in reality people use their phones for communication via Voice/Email/Text Messaging/BBM. Games and Apps are there to waste your time.
    The first smartphone was the IBM Simon in 1992. BlackBerry smartphones didn't come into play until 2002. Nokia, Palm, and even Ericsson beat them to the punch (1996, 2001, and 1997 respectively). Oh, and most smartphones now-a-days are really taking on the role of mobile computers. In that regard, communication is as important as applications. You can't look at Google, Apple, and even BlackBerry's application world and tell me that apps aren't important at all. Everybody uses their phone for different things...

Siri? Really? As long as Apple tells you its its revolutionairy, I'm sure you will make it that way. Imporving on hardware? Oh come on. There is a reason why Apple releases a new ipod/ipad/iphone/istuff every year. BECAUSE their stuff gets outdated too fast. Ipad 1 No camera, Ipad 2 now gets a camera, now you just gotts get yourself a new ipad don't ya? I'm sure the next ipad will have added RAM to make it the same as every other manufacturer out there, you'll need to get yourself another ipad again! Why because Apple will make sure you need that extra RAM. It doesnt matter what product it is, the fact is they give you stuff in a nice pretty package then u realize the year after that its now old and you already need an upgrade? Not bad eh? Apple is making a killing off you! Literally. Heard the news about the sweat shops Apple outsources their manufacturing to??? Add that comment to the "Lack of Integrity" comment.
    If you bothered to read Anakin's post, "features that have been present in the past" was referencing Siri; so yes, really. The whole point of mentioning it was Apple adding something to their phones that has already been done in other models/OS.

In terms of release schedule, it's called technology outdates itself too fast for phone manufacturers to wait any longer. In fact, arguably a year is too long of a wait for how quickly new technology comes out. So in that case every manufacturer does this: releases new products because older products become outdated. So you blame Apple for improving their products to meet current technology and pushing their OS along instead of trying to support legacy products? Blame every other manufacturer as well because they all do it. That recent article on Android fragmentation is a good example. ****, BlackBerry OS7 won't run on OS6 devices. So please, do some research before spewing off nonsense.

Oh, by the way, heard the news how the "sweatshops" in China make more than just Apple products (they actually manufacture a good load of tech products for multiple, multiple tech giants). If you actually do even further research, you'd realize that Apple is probably one of the better companies in regards to Foxconn worker treatments; ultimately though, Apple is just a purchaser of parts: they don't control Foxconn or their decisions in workplace treatment. Want to yell at someone about lack of integrity? Blame China's worker protection laws and their companies, not US companies who are looking to maximize profit.

Push email is better on an iPhone or Android??? Google is your friend. Do some research.
    It's just as strong on iOS as it is for BlackBerry. Don't just use Google: try the phones out.

Yes its a cycle. Each manufacturer plays catch up. Why???? BECAUSE ITS A CYCLE!!!! Whether its HTC/Apple/ Motorola/RIM/etc. Though some like to call their devices magical and revolutionairy. Wake up. Calling a device this does not make it so.
    The cycle comment here I think refers to the fact that RIM is constantly playing catchup and isn't providing much in the consumer market for others to play catchup to....they aren't putting out products other companies want to copy. Whereas with Apple/HTC/Samsung/Motorola/Nokia/etc. they keep going back and forth putting out new products that others copy and on and on. RIM isn't in a cycle: they're playing tag-a-long for the ride.

It has recieved little support because it was basically the last OS out there!!! Both Google and Apple and even WebOS had a working Tablet WAY before RIM. Also consider RIM's tablet has only been around for what 7 or 8 months, and RIM has only aquired QNX back in 2010! Pretty impressive to come out with a tablet and create an entire ecosystem in that little time frame!!!
    They showed off QNX in, what, October 2010? It's been over a year and even longer that RIM has had QNX. Personally, its impressive if you have an entire ecosystem that's complete. It's not. It's far from complete. In that regards, that's a mistake for RIM for pushing out an unfinished OS. It's received little support because no one wants to develop for an ecosystem (yet) that's on one device that isn't selling that well AND where RIM is still dragging their heels in finishing on their end. It's a good OS, but I'd be more impressed if it were finished by now (as it should have been end of summer) instead of possibly February 2012 if not later.

Integrity? What like what Apple tells you about the battery in the Iphone 4S, No problem right?
    I'm assuming you're ignoring the fact that Apple has acknowledged the issue with iOS 5 (NOT iPhone4S) and has already pushed not 1, but 2 beta releases of iOS 5.0.1 to developers to test as a fix for the battery issues.

See my picture. (Hopefully it attaches properly) I'm still trying to find the magic in it. And the price??? Their products are the most expensive products out there.
    Again, not all phones are for everyone; you pick what works for you. And the price? Lol, have you even looked at what T-Mobile charges for BB OS7 devices when they first came out? Have you seen the new RAZR and other Android devices? Premium smartphones go for $200-$300 across the board. Please, please do some research on what constitutes "most expensive product" before rambling on about something that apparently you know nothing about.
    moiselles and hugecanoli like this.
    11-06-11 10:29 PM
    tl;dr

IBTL
    11-06-11 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD