10-14-11 09:48 AM
28 12
tools
    Yes, exactly, resulting in international sms charges as Blaize found out(I remember him posting about it)
    One, you can disable SMS send as a system preference, which I think makes it just like BBM in that regard.

Two, yes, if you send an international text you will be charged, be it on an iPhone, BlackBerry or whatever.
    10-14-11 01:14 AM
    Interesting since iCloud wasn't even official until today......LOL
    What was being used for beta testing LOL!
    10-14-11 08:19 AM
    I would've decentralized it and used something thats already out there and has tons of redundancy and reliablility already built in, something that has been time tested and proven itself well over the last 30 years. Its called the internet. RIM's infrastuctre model is outdated and stale just like their phones.
    They do use the Internet. You are building a VPN tunnel from your phone across the carrier network, out the Internet, to the RIM NOC that your particular BIS service is hosted in. If you are on BES you go are building a VPN from your phone to your companies BES from the phone providers network then over the Internet. This is why a WiFi enabled Blackberry can still access the BIS and BES via the Internet. I'm sure they are using the Internet or provider MPLS networks to connect NOC to NOC also as dedicated point-to-point dedicated shots are really expensive. This is why BES worked just fine during the outage. All they need to do is decouple Internet browsing from the BIS by making it Optional, and provide ability for e-mail to be pulled from the phone with BIS and then BIS is just BBM and cloud services at that point. QNX will allow this to happen.
    10-14-11 09:48 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD