Why cant RIM just post up their processor speeds out in the open? Why do they hide it? Everyone else flaunts it...
    10-18-10 10:08 PM
    Because the processor speeds are slow it would be a bad marketing move. Besides the average consumer doesnt understand cpu speed.
    10-18-10 10:22 PM
    And processor speeds alone arent a good determiner of how fast something will actually be. Look at the difference between Macs and Pc's.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-10 11:22 PM
    Windows slows down after a while and Linux stays fast regardless of how much is installed on it, no registries to clean, same on a mac, plus it's extensibly hackable.

I don't care about CPU speeds, as long as the OS is efficient, stable and fast, the device/computer will run fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-10 01:02 AM
    Well, they are flaunting the dual-core 1 GHz CPU that the PlayBook will have...
    10-19-10 02:46 AM
    Because there are lots of consumers out there that love to hear "1GHz Snapdragon processor!!!" in commercials. It's all about marketing ploys and getting the attention of the consumer who is watching the commercials.
    10-19-10 08:53 AM
    I am always wondering about processor speeds and app memory myself. Check out this thread. It has most of the information your looking for. Feel free to add to it. That's how its maintained.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/proc...memory-406886/
    10-19-10 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD