Well since the new curve has a trackpad I heard the RIM is now setting all their blackberry's to have trackpads. That makes sence though because why step back in technology, right?
    07-29-09 10:49 AM
    i havent used the trackpad as yet but hopefully it should be better than the ball only thing i heard is that if your hands sweat alot you might have problems.
    07-29-09 11:43 AM
    i havent used the trackpad as yet but hopefully it should be better than the ball only thing i heard is that if your hands sweat alot you might have problems.
    i dont usually use my phone when i am running marathons, lol

they have said that they are going to keep pushing the trackpad just like they are going to keep pushing wifi from now on.
    07-29-09 11:47 AM
    It's about time. The trackballs are horrible. There are too many ways to ruin it. Hooray trackpads.
    07-29-09 11:58 AM
    I'm curious how well the trackpad will be received. Sure it may be superior in the maintenance category, but I'm a bit skeptical of usability. I can't help but think (imho) that the trackball will still have a better feel to it, and allow for more reliable navigation due to tactile feel.

But then too... I may be basing this on the point that I absolutely abhor using the trackpad on laptops.
    07-29-09 12:09 PM
    anyone tried the bb's trackpad? I've had the omnia for a while which had an optical mouse pad which tended to heat up as i used it; just wondering if bb shares the same problem heating up
    07-29-09 12:13 PM
    They'll probably handle wear better

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 12:16 PM
    anyone tried the bb's trackpad? I've had the omnia for a while which had an optical mouse pad which tended to heat up as i used it; just wondering if bb shares the same problem heating up
    I have not noticed any sort of heat problem. If you treat the TP just like the TB you will be able to use it with no conversion time.
    07-29-09 12:18 PM
    Bring back the wheel!
    07-29-09 12:22 PM
    Bring back the wheel!
    Wont happen. Too many people that are left handed and/or developed carpal tunnel syndrome.
    07-29-09 12:23 PM
    How are we gonna change the color of the trackpads though??? So much for that modification happening anymore!
    07-29-09 12:25 PM
    Lolll ew. The side wheel. I remember using that. It was so gross.. Never again RIM.

07-29-09 02:32 PM
    i loved the sidewheel on my OG BB.
    07-29-09 02:34 PM
    I think with the Trackpad, RIM will have a lot less returns. Many people exchange their devices due to the trackball not working well and this should save them money in the long run.
    07-29-09 02:37 PM
    Yeah i think trackball particularly in 9000 and 8900 are just troublesome, makes me disassembly it at least once every 2 months.

It's time for the trackpad, say goodby to trackball
    07-29-09 02:42 PM
    I too have had troubles keeping my trackball clean- however by doing a little simple reading I have also learned how to to prevent/fix the problem.. I don't look forward to the trackpad @ all..

07-29-09 02:50 PM
    My personal opinion... Keep yer fingers clean, and don't manhandle your device, and you will have less issues.

I know people who've held onto their device for a few years and never had trackball issues, and they use their devices nonstop.

07-29-09 03:38 PM
    i like how everyone assumes the trackpad will perform flawlessly.

Swapped out my ball for a black one and never has to worry about it getting dirty, plus it looks much better. Never had to disassemble it to fix it either...

I'm skeptical of the trackpad at first, cause i hate them on laptops, but I'll have to play with one to know for sure. They do look kind of sleek...
    07-29-09 03:39 PM
    trackpad sounds annoying to use.
    07-29-09 03:58 PM
    I feel kind of jipped.. a year ago or more I suggested the "trackpad" in a forum thread here on this website.. and now all of the sudden we have one! I swear sometimes I think RIM reads this site and steals my ideas..
    07-29-09 04:38 PM
    Well most people don't know that they can replace/buy a new trackball. It only makes sense that people would return BB devices because of defected trackballs (I sure would if I wasn't tech smart). I'm sure their will be only good from the new track pads!
    07-29-09 05:00 PM
    Trackball... Trackpad.... One you can move with your thoughts... It won't matter... There will still be people that don't like it ... lol.
    07-29-09 05:07 PM
    I'm skeptical about the trackpad as well. I hate them on laptops. Never had a problem with the trackball on muy Curve and none so far on my Bold.
    07-29-09 05:34 PM
    I know its not the popular, or economic option, but I say give us a choice.
    I also despise trackpads on laptops, and cannot see myself enjoying using such a tiny one on my bb....
    I'm with rmjones101, keep yer fingers clean, and if all else fails, a bit of cleaner on a napkin, a few swipes, and viola!
    as long as you dont't wait til it is totally jammed with crud, it probably wont get jammed...
    my .02c
    cheers
    jrv
    07-29-09 07:04 PM
    I too have had troubles keeping my trackball clean- however by doing a little simple reading I have also learned how to to prevent/fix the problem.. I don't look forward to the trackpad @ all..

Plz elaborate... I looking to purchase my berry soon so just looking to get all the tips I can.

Also is it only the newer devices that have trackball problems or do all of them occasionally give problems?
    07-29-09 07:14 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD