If you have a BB, start using BBM, the app should be on the phone! find the 'invite to BBM' screen inside the BBM app and install the "BBM pin #" James provided! thats it. You will get a BBM notification once the group adds you. Enjoy!
    I tried that but my invite was declined.
    12-31-12 05:32 PM
    I tried that but my invite was declined.
    Ya sorry, the chat filled up fast. perhaps a crackberry blogger or someone will open one before the event. I believe theres demand out there. It was a very cool idea.
    But your BBM is working! as your not the only one that recived the declined msg. Its full thats all.
    Last edited by Dapper37; 12-31-12 at 05:52 PM.
    SWFLFFPM likes this.
    12-31-12 05:40 PM
    Peek! PEEK PeEk!

For the love of QNX... it's PEEK! ArrrrArrrrrghhh!

not "Peak"... that's what hopefully BB10 will do.
    Lol. I caught it.
    elGuapoTorres likes this.
    12-31-12 11:10 PM
    Right! Hopefully, I will be "stuck" in the office, strapped to my computer, doing paperwork (darn it lol).
    My plan as well.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-01-13 12:01 AM
    I will be in a course all day. CR*P I will be devouring all I can once the course is over, however....
    01-01-13 12:40 AM
    [QUOTE=BB-Bmore;7812025]I believe everything OP said. I think some of the Biggest surprises will come in the form of BBM and also hardware. Whether or not its RIMs hardware or another OEM

Sent from my BlackBerry by. Choice using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Please elaborate on the other OEM comment =)
    01-01-13 01:44 AM
    Completely agree BB10 platform is a master class in platform development only disappointment is that Blackberry has not committed same to the asthetics of the handsets. The missed an apportunity to combine the life saving platform with cutting edge design instead falling in line with bog standard black/white candy bar form. Lets see some 'cool' styling supporting this wonderful platform...Blackberry you can be cool and cutting edge and still be taken seriously AKA blade RIM has fooled everyone, BlackBerry 10 is understaded on purpose-blade-blackberry.jpg and wraparound RIM has fooled everyone, BlackBerry 10 is understaded on purpose-wraparound-blackberry.jpg...we're waiting.
    chrysaurora likes this.
    01-05-13 09:21 AM
    Completely agree BB10 platform is a master class in platform development only disappointment is that Blackberry has not committed same to the asthetics of the handsets. The missed an apportunity to combine the life saving platform with cutting edge design instead falling in line with bog standard black/white candy bar form. Lets see some 'cool' styling supporting this wonderful platform...Blackberry you can be cool and cutting edge and still be taken seriously AKA blade Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blade Blackberry.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	130340 and wraparound Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wraparound Blackberry.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	130341...we're waiting.
    It'd make sense to develop some cutting-edge "concept" hardware (that people may or may not buy) but it'd be good fodder for the media. Lots of companies (auto companies, Microsoft, IBM, Nokia etc) often demo "concept" cars, concept phones etc. that are not available for public. But it puts their company into limelight in a positive manner. Shows the world that they are doing some R&D!
    Last edited by chrysaurora; 01-05-13 at 12:20 PM.
    01-05-13 11:44 AM
    Completely agree BB10 platform is a master class in platform development only disappointment is that Blackberry has not committed same to the asthetics of the handsets. The missed an apportunity to combine the life saving platform with cutting edge design instead falling in line with bog standard black/white candy bar form. Lets see some 'cool' styling supporting this wonderful platform...Blackberry you can be cool and cutting edge and still be taken seriously AKA blade Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blade Blackberry.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	130340 and wraparound Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wraparound Blackberry.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	130341...we're waiting.
    I think that wraparound screens are a rather dumb idea. The only significant benefit is that it looks cool, but it makes it so that if you drop your phone it's pretty much guaranteed to land on its screen and break. The Blade design, however, I love, though having the device be too thin would also presumably cause it to break more easily. I think they're best off giving standard hardware to start with, because if they fail with BB10 they're pretty much dead, so why add in extra risk. If the hardware is at all different from the norm, then you're risking a fair amount in that it must look good, be durable, and be practical, at least as much as current hardware.
    01-05-13 11:59 AM
    Yall forgot the TK Victory and TK Justice concepts.
    01-05-13 12:17 PM
    RIM has been truly masterful in this turnaround bid. They were able to whip PlayBook together in a year, yes it had shortcomings and 2.0 took months to get here. But let's be realistic they were already focused on BB10 at that point.

RIM has understated BlackBerry 10--the developer builds are not the final software and RIM knows this; built for devs and to show off just enough to get us excited.

Buying TAT was not only a move to get their exceptional UI design gurus onboard, but it was also a bid to get their ability to showoff a product well onboard. And above all that is the extraction of the Cascades UI to create the framework for developers. The true value of this extraction lies inside RIM, most their developers have transitioned to C++ and Cascades, putting amazingly powerful tools into the hands of the technically sound engineers that built us the amazing apps and an ecosystem we grew to love over the years. Things like BBM, BlackBerry Bridge, Travel, Traffic and so many others.

The engineers at RIM have never been at fault for the shortcomings of BBOS. The platform was the limitation. They took a platform and made it work for them for over a decade, to a pinnacle of 80 million users. They have kept expectations in the public low, this will bolster their tremendous reveal in the new year as they raise the bar for the entire industry.

We have seen but a fraction of the true glory that is BlackBerry 10. They are back and here to stay, vengeance will be sweet and WE the consumer are the ultimate victors. We are their success.

So many things have been understated from the app count, to the developer support, to the OS architecture, to the new marketing prowess they've been holding back. I tell you TeamBlackBerry this launch will be history making. I am very pleased to have been invited to report on it in New York, and more excited for the cat to finally get out of the bag. RIM is long overdue for praise in this domain. Once the king, always the king. January 30th the sword leaves the stone.
    Very interesting opinion!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-06-13 04:13 PM
111 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD