RIM has been truly masterful in this turnaround bid. They were able to whip PlayBook together in a year, yes it had shortcomings and 2.0 took months to get here. But let's be realistic they were already focused on BB10 at that point.

RIM has understated BlackBerry 10--the developer builds are not the final software and RIM knows this; built for devs and to show off just enough to get us excited.

Buying TAT was not only a move to get their exceptional UI design gurus onboard, but it was also a bid to get their ability to showoff a product well onboard. And above all that is the extraction of the Cascades UI to create the framework for developers. The true value of this extraction lies inside RIM, most their developers have transitioned to C++ and Cascades, putting amazingly powerful tools into the hands of the technically sound engineers that built us the amazing apps and an ecosystem we grew to love over the years. Things like BBM, BlackBerry Bridge, Travel, Traffic and so many others.

The engineers at RIM have never been at fault for the shortcomings of BBOS. The platform was the limitation. They took a platform and made it work for them for over a decade, to a pinnacle of 80 million users. They have kept expectations in the public low, this will bolster their tremendous reveal in the new year as they raise the bar for the entire industry.

We have seen but a fraction of the true glory that is BlackBerry 10. They are back and here to stay, vengeance will be sweet and WE the consumer are the ultimate victors. We are their success.

So many things have been understated from the app count, to the developer support, to the OS architecture, to the new marketing prowess they've been holding back. I tell you TeamBlackBerry this launch will be history making. I am very pleased to have been invited to report on it in New York, and more excited for the cat to finally get out of the bag. RIM is long overdue for praise in this domain. Once the king, always the king. January 30th the sword leaves the stone.
    Last edited by jamezalexander; 12-29-12 at 10:23 PM.
    12-29-12 05:58 PM
    I liked this post only because its ethusiasm and excitement.

Also because I hope he's spot on.
    12-29-12 06:34 PM
    Good post, I also hope that what we have seen is only a little fraction of the power of BB10, and that RIM unveils it on January 30th.
    James Nieves likes this.
    12-29-12 06:40 PM
    RIM will beat the drum at CES and then crack thunder on the 30th

For. Sure
    G-bone and sleepngbear like this.
    12-29-12 06:47 PM
    I totally believe this post 100%. Thanks for posting such enthusiasm and zeal!
    12-29-12 06:48 PM
    Great to see positivity in a thread for a change....
    kbz1960, mzceetee and sk8er_tor like this.
    12-29-12 06:55 PM
    The sheer power of the platform is awesome. The software capabilities will be unrivaled. BB10 in alpha form already leaves the other looking very, very antiquated.

RIM has managed to develop industry leading dev tools on an unreleased platform. I can only imagine what RIM engineers are currently working with.

Peter Misek has even been on record stating BB10 is better then any current Android release. That's a testament to the platform , considering he is amongst the harshest critics.

It will be refreshing having a brilliant platform to utilize and move beyond the gimmicks of Android and iOS.
    bbaleno and bdguru like this.
    12-29-12 06:58 PM
    Truly Hope that this New BlackBerry will give more confidence and proudness for user Who use and has blackberry
    12-29-12 07:06 PM

Peter Misek has even been on record stating BB10 is better then any current Android release. That's a testament to the platform , considering he is amongst the harshest critics.
    "... but not as good as the iPhone." If you leave out that part, you're misrepresenting what Misek said.
    12-29-12 07:08 PM
    great article. Me like.
    12-29-12 07:18 PM
    "... but not as good as the iPhone." If you leave out that part, you're misrepresenting what Misek said.
    What's your point?
    Jake Storm likes this.
    12-29-12 07:23 PM
    Thanks for posting
    James Nieves likes this.
    12-29-12 07:23 PM
    What's your point?

Misek is a joke let's leave his ignorance out of this thread
    12-29-12 07:26 PM
    Yes, but he was talking about a dev alpha unit. And it is just his opinion. So he has changed his opinion quite a bit but still favours the Apple handsets over the dev alpha units with a crippled OS.
    I'll take that any day.
    12-29-12 07:29 PM
    I believe everything OP said. I think some of the Biggest surprises will come in the form of BBM and also hardware. Whether or not its RIMs hardware or another OEM

Sent from my BlackBerry by. Choice using Tapatalk
    James Nieves likes this.
    12-29-12 07:30 PM
    What's your point?
    Honesty?
    12-29-12 07:31 PM
    Would you expect him to praise BB10 100%? He will play it safe. When you're changing your mind about something you just don't do it like if it was an ON/OFF switch. He's in the stage of "Ok, let's see what BB10 can do."

OP, very nice post.
    12-29-12 07:33 PM
    Misek is a joke let's leave his ignorance out of this thread
    I agree I must admit I really enjoy your very thoughtful analysis concerning RIM and BB10. It resonates well with me an many others. I must admit. Thinking out of the box and seeing the forest through the trees is an endearing quality. Looking forward to more to come from you Thanks as it very refreshing in these forums
    12-29-12 07:40 PM
    What is a real ace up RIM's sleeve is that big name apps will be able to take advantage of software/hardware integration and performance from multi-threading, Symmetrical Multiprocessing, invocation, cascades etc.

BB10 is going to bring a new paradigm to what apps are capable of. Can't wait to see the "top 200" perform on BB10.

What really intrigues me is given that BB10 allows virtually limitless potential to devs. We are going to have software that just isn't possible to perform at the extent BB10 will allow. Some very sweet software is on its way. Can't wait
    12-29-12 07:49 PM
    Its always good to read your post J, Thanks and I can't wait until Jan30!!!
    Very important to understand that RIM understated the platform. The true goodies come to those who wait!!
    Anyone buying an apple or android phone today is about to get BlackBerry envy!!
    12-29-12 08:02 PM
    Well said James...I love it...and I believe you!

For. Sure
    James Nieves likes this.
    12-29-12 08:25 PM
    Great post OP. And Thor should know a thing or two about thunder...............afterall, Thor is the god of thunder !

For. Sure
    12-29-12 08:47 PM
    "So many things have been understated from the app count, to the developer support, to the OS architecture, to the new marketing prowess they've been holding back. I tell you TeamBlackBerry this launch will be history making. I am very pleased to have been invited to report on it in New York, and more excited for the cat to finally get out of the bag. RIM is long overdue for praise in this domain. Once the king, always the king. January 30th the sword leaves the stone."

Hi Jamez,

This means you had access to final hw/OS and RIM marketing strategy?
    12-29-12 08:51 PM
    You've been invited to report on it? Lucky man! I live in NYC so the fact that my city is one of BB10's launch spots is fantastic!

BB4LIFE!!
    12-29-12 09:13 PM
    "So many things have been understated from the app count, to the developer support, to the OS architecture, to the new marketing prowess they've been holding back. I tell you TeamBlackBerry this launch will be history making. I am very pleased to have been invited to report on it in New York, and more excited for the cat to finally get out of the bag. RIM is long overdue for praise in this domain. Once the king, always the king. January 30th the sword leaves the stone."

Hi Jamez,

This means you had access to final hw/OS and RIM marketing strategy?
    I'm a reporter, I know a thing or two. I've does extensive research on this matter. Got to the point where I became a shareholder as well. Are you speculating on my speculation? That will bring us round in circles. I'm sharing my conviction because I have been following RIM through this transition and yes very much is being understated.

CMO said to Forbes 70k apps (but he wasn't counting ported apps) internal app count is nearing 120k last I saw.
    We saw months ago a leaked marketing video which was a great view into the style and strategy RIM has toward bringing BB10 about.
    Developer relations has sent teams out to the top app builders to teach them how to use Cascades and get them onboard for the launch. It doesn't take an insider to know RIM is doing everything right to bring themselves back with a bang. It takes a keen observer. You're welcome

Spend time with a PlayBook you'll know big things are coming.
    12-29-12 09:28 PM
111 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD