this is why RIM is having a hard time hitting the end consumer...losers like this guy.
    Ya..this is why RIM has dropped so much market share..because of "loser" sales people
    08-26-11 04:41 PM
    Was just at a VZW store at Union station....NEEDED to see the 9930.
    Woman at the counter looking for a new BB to replace her ancient Curve. Guy immediately starts pushing the Droid Pro (keyboard, apps) and iPhone (ease of use, apps).
    NEVER mentioned the 9930.
    So....I walked up to her and told her about the 9930, pointed her to it, showed her my Torch, and she was ooooohing and aaaaaaahing her head off. As I was leaving I said to her, but looking at the agent, "The world is not all about Android and iPhone, you know."
    She *had* a Curve, was ready to upgrade, and this guys is pushin Droid and iphone!
    I left her as he was bringing out the box for the 9930.
    This guy was pushing these other phones to someone who might also be interested in BB. Never bothered to tell her about the 9930. Or any W7 phones, for that matter.
    Wretch 12 likes this.
    08-26-11 04:45 PM
    Ya..this is why RIM has dropped so much market share..because of "loser" sales people
    I'm pretty sure that sales personnel like this person con groups of customers out of buying a BlackBerry device because they're lacking significant information about RIM.

Not saying that's the reason for the market share drop, but it obviously doesn't help.
    Last edited by Wretch 64; 08-26-11 at 04:48 PM.
    08-26-11 04:46 PM
    I'm pretty sure that sales personnel like this person con groups of customers out of buying a BlackBerry device because they're lacking significant information about RIM.
    Now the sales people are con artist? Lol..

Misinformed..absolutely. Techie's by nature? Hardly. Most people who visit this forum know more about cellphones than the average sales person. But it hardly makes them "losers" and "con" artists for not pushing your favorite brand of cellphone. They push what sells..same as any sales person in any industry.
    08-26-11 04:50 PM
    It concerns me the people who work in phone shops. It really does. I need to help them out with knowledge.
    08-26-11 05:48 PM
    Now the sales people are con artist? Lol..

Misinformed..absolutely. Techie's by nature? Hardly. Most people who visit this forum know more about cellphones than the average sales person. But it hardly makes them "losers" and "con" artists for not pushing your favorite brand of cellphone. They push what sells..same as any sales person in any industry.
    They push what sells, but they advise customers to buy certain devices that they can get commission from selling. So in my eyes, yes, some of them are con artists, some are misinformed and some are good at their jobs.
    08-26-11 05:51 PM
    As with most carriers, Verizon has become VerAndroin. Reps push the latest phones and there are new Android models every month.

This is one of the more unfortunate things RIM has to fight -- the salespeople who are so used to not having compelling BlackBerrys to sell -- they have grown accustomed to pushing everything else. Momentum -- it's hard to change.
    08-27-11 11:04 AM
    ONX will tell the tale but RIM has enough cash to sit on
    08-27-11 09:33 PM
    ONX will tell the tale but RIM has enough cash to sit on
    I don't know about ONX, but QNX should be pretty cool
    08-28-11 12:07 AM
    I KINDA see where the rep was going with this. The Android phones sporting dual core won't be fully optimized until ice cream sandwich is pushed. Gingerbread is for single core. The best has yet to come. You get more bang for your buck with Android. People point out the slew games available for Android.. but never point out the various apps that provide an incredible amount of productivity. I downloaded the California penal code to my phone the other day.. The book the art of war.. a graphing calculator that runs for $80 plus... A drum machine with MIDI support.. and a program to make beats on the fly.. APPS with actual benefits. 4G with thether. Voice navi. Why not push Android? With that being said.. there is a phone for everybody. And as a business man selling a product.. for you not to exhaust all your options is idiotic. The 9930 has its strengths as well. I feel like people who hate on blackberry are loners. Blackberry is only as good as your contacts allow. EMailing 10 people while tweeting and on Facebook.. BLACKBERRY is king! Push notifications is the best in the business. Salesman is a moron. I would have personally tried to sell her both. Lol. FYI I use an evo but would LOVE to have a 9930. All I need in a phone. World capable.. security.. and bbm to save money on international texts. Android 50/50 business and pleasure. Blackberry 85/15 business and pleasure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by West Coast Flavor; 08-28-11 at 01:33 AM.
    08-28-11 01:26 AM
    Personally I don' see how lying to someone to get them to make a purchasing decision, is good business. Selling what is in the best interest of the business is one thing, deceiving for a buck quite another.
    The statements about the product or service they were not interested in selling were out right lies.
    RIM is not going out of business in 3 months, Assurion insurance IS still available. If teaching young people to lie in a sales job to make a sale is ethical or a good idea, than it is our own fault if our country goes down in flames.
    08-29-11 07:54 AM
    Lol rim isn't gonna go and if it does I'm in the **** as I'm on a 2 year contract with o2 and I've only had it a month!

08-29-11 11:22 AM
    They are not going anywhere. Sales people are pushed to move what is the bigger commissions. Many companies do it. Is it right? Nope, but anyone that don't live in a bubble should know this....

By the way, it amazes me the way people generalize others for what they choose to use.

I like both Android and bb.......even liking the specs on the new apple iP5. Why tie yourself down? If we all stuck with one brand their would b no competition, not to mention the prices through the roof!

People will sill say anything to make themselves feel better. Don't matter how it would affect others.

08-29-11 12:26 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD