just a thought. I feel like someone at RIM should be dedicated to scouring these forums and getting a feel for what the consumers are buzzing about / wanting. seems like it would be very beneficial to them.

anyone know anything?
    08-18-10 10:34 AM
    This is the largest blackberry forum on the internet. I have no doubt in my mind that somebody from rim has popped in once or twice, theyd almost be dumb not to.
    08-18-10 10:41 AM
    You never can tell if anyone from RIM is reading through these forums

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 10:42 AM
    once or twice is one thing. I feel like it should be one or a few people's full time job at RIM to dive through these forums and figure some things out. Definitely couldnt hurt them.
    08-18-10 10:43 AM
    You never can tell if anyone from RIM is reading through these forums

maybe all the admins work for rim....

*Crackberry Abuser Status on this post*
    08-18-10 10:45 AM
    CrackBerry has no connection to RIM, other than we all all Crackheads like you guys!!!!!
    08-18-10 10:46 AM
    I'd be surprised if they don't troll around here from time to time... keeping their head low, reading what we all say and think.
    08-18-10 10:50 AM
    If anyone from RIM was reading any forums - they would come up sooner with more competitive product. They likely believe that they have the world in their hands and Black Berry brand is enough for people to stay loyal. Well, one thing is to make mistakes but the worst one is not to learn on them ....
    08-18-10 10:51 AM
    They definitely troll the forums. Especially the software releases and the OS Beta section to get them taken down before we can grab the latest releases.

They are not interested in our opinions, from what I have been able to gather.
    08-18-10 11:05 AM
    Part of the conditions of employment contract is to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement with Research in Motion. That effectively bars them from contributing directly to the forum because it places their career at risk.

You only ever get one breach of a NDA. If it happens, you have no further prospects at any high tech corporation. It's a one way ticket to a job at the car wash.
    08-18-10 11:07 AM
    And this and othr forums are hardly indicative of public opinions. We represent a small subset of the general population, and tend to only post problems.
    08-18-10 11:26 AM
    Were I RIM I'd seriously ignore this and all other BlackBerry Forums. While it is
    helpful and a benefit to all of us, they are by and large completely useless to a
    company trying to make business decisions and map the road forward.

This I say because there is so much inherent user misconceptions, trolling,
    subjective points of view, ******** about minutiae (i.e. leaning trackpads), user
    errors treated as device faults, etc...

I am sure RIM like most large companies that live and die by product sales have at
    their disposal the means to gauge better what the consumer wants than an
    informal online forum.
    08-18-10 12:32 PM
    Were I RIM I'd seriously ignore this and all other BlackBerry Forums. While it is
    helpful and a benefit to all of us, they are by and large completely useless to a
    company trying to make business decisions and map the road forward.

This I say because there is so much inherent user misconceptions, trolling,
    subjective points of view, ******** about minutiae (i.e. leaning trackpads), user
    errors treated as device faults, etc...

I am sure RIM like most large companies that live and die by product sales have at
    their disposal the means to gauge better what the consumer wants than an
    informal online forum.
    Man, you can say that (all) again! I can't believe (despite having been a member here since last year) all the nitpicking whining that goes on in regards to minor issues, such as the barely noticeable lack of flush S1 and S2 screens in one corner or the other. So WHAT if the screen dips down one half of one millimeter? It doesn't affect performance. What do these people do if they have REAL problems like cancer or their kids are crack addicts??
    08-18-10 01:07 PM
    Part of the conditions of employment contract is to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement with Research in Motion. That effectively bars them from contributing directly to the forum because it places their career at risk.

You only ever get one breach of a NDA. If it happens, you have no further prospects at any high tech corporation. It's a one way ticket to a job at the car wash.
    Does that mean that if one of us were to get a job at RIM we would have to stop posting here?
    08-18-10 02:08 PM
    Does that mean that if one of us were to get a job at RIM we would have to stop posting here?
    That is correct
    08-18-10 02:10 PM
    That is correct
    So has anyone been know to have misteriously disappeared from CB? lol
    08-18-10 02:12 PM
    That is correct
    Not really. Your opinion is one thing and disclosing information the company doesn't want to share is another.

Anyone can be a RIM employee without anyone being hurt (hurt = not leaking sensitive information) and still contribute to this forum like anyone else.

Facebook staff have Facebook accounts and they update their statues, just like anyone else.
    08-18-10 03:34 PM
    Not really. Your opinion is one thing and disclosing information the company doesn't want to share is another.

Anyone can be a RIM employee without anyone being hurt (hurt = not leaking sensitive information) and still contribute to this forum like anyone else.

Facebook staff have Facebook accounts and they update their statues, just like anyone else.
    If the RIM employees sign a contract that "bars them from contributing directly to the forum", then it means they can not post here opinion or not.

I'm sure facebook employees don't sign contracts that restrict them from using facebook. They would probably be fired if they didn't use it haha.
    08-18-10 04:00 PM
    Yeah but who's gonna know berryaddict52609 is actually a RIM employee if they access it from home? IMO you need to take in feedback from all sources.

08-18-10 04:25 PM
    all very good points. especially from the admins/moderators.

It's very true that all the whining and ******** on this forum is biased. Most people are more reluctant to take time to explain how happy they are with something than to vent their opinions about something they are unhappy about.

It always baffles me to hear someone jumping ship from BB to "iPhone/Droid etc" because a few seconds web browser delay or simply not knowing how to use a BB. It takes a sligtly more intelligent individual to operate our crackberries than it does to be awed by a pool of water on your iPhone display.

That being said, RIM could take note that if they DO want to bust into this entertainment/consumer market, as well as their current business market, they could figure out what exactly it is about the iPhone/Droid that makes people like them so much and incorporate that into the already capable blackberry.

You just can't do on any other phone what you can do on a BlackBerry.
    08-19-10 09:46 AM
    What would worry me is if they were the ones posting "Get a Droid! RIM sucks!"
    08-19-10 12:29 PM
    What would worry me is if they were the ones posting "Get a Droid! RIM sucks!"
    LOL. Thanks for some late afternoon levity.
    08-19-10 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD