Ya it says the haven't changed :P
    The BlackBerry device is still business orientated but RIM now has a good chunk of the consumer market now days and they should use it for their benefit and keep the consumers with BlackBerry not just wait for them to move on and then do something. What you said about email isn't entirely true. BIS users can't even sync send messages from the computer to their phone and they can't receive attachments on their phones bigger then a few mb.

Also to the comment about BlackBerrys for 12 year olds BlackBerry is now reaching into the hands of 12 year old and some 12 year olds do own them. I got my first BlackBerry for my 14th birthday.
    Now let's not go to far comparing it to those childrens toys. It is indeed a business adult oriented phone. HOwever in doing so it comes out looking like a big early 1900s radar signaling device.

Heck, my sister came into my room and grabbed my phone thinking it was a brick and used it to prop up a chair that had one leg shorter than the other 3.
    03-23-10 09:45 PM
    Now let's not go to far comparing it to those childrens toys. It is indeed a business adult oriented phone. HOwever in doing so it comes out looking like a big early 1900s radar signaling device.

Heck, my sister came into my room and grabbed my phone thinking it was a brick and used it to prop up a chair that had one leg shorter than the other 3.
    Simple question-if you dont like your device, why dont you switch to another?
    03-23-10 09:52 PM
    I doubt it.

They have a completely different market than RIM. I always say if you are looking for these things in a phone, you are in the wrong market. As a business device, RIM doesn't need to jump on the bandwagon.
    RIM is losing market share as you typed this. RIM is desperate to jump on the consumer bandwagon and is not having any real success doing so. Within 2 years RIM will be at the bottom of the market share totem pole. Both iPhone and Android are gobbling up the several years of lead RIM had and squandered.
    03-23-10 09:53 PM
    Again, without comparing them to other companies, what is it that you want your BlackBerry to do? What if they don't want to "improve" as you say? You think this will be their down fall? Are you kidding?
    It's not what i want my BlackBerry to do. It's what BlackBerry should have already been doing. It's the standard. It's what every single other platform other than BLackBerry has already obtained. So your saying bB is too good and high and mighty that they don't need to keep up to pace with technology? With that type of thinking it's no wonder the human race hasn't evolved further yet. What the heck are we going to do with a Bold 9700 50 years from now? Same old 3.2 megapixel camera, same old bb os.
    03-23-10 09:53 PM
    Simple question-if you dont like your device, why dont you switch to another?
    Simple question-if you like your device, why are you on the CB help forums?
    03-23-10 09:54 PM
    Ya it says the haven't changed :P
    The BlackBerry device is still business orientated but RIM now has a good chunk of the consumer market now days and they should use it for their benefit and keep the consumers with BlackBerry not just wait for them to move on and then do something. What you said about email isn't entirely true. BIS users can't even sync send messages from the computer to their phone and they can't receive attachments on their phones bigger then a few mb.

Also to the comment about BlackBerrys for 12 year olds BlackBerry is now reaching into the hands of 12 year old and some 12 year olds do own them. I got my first BlackBerry for my 14th birthday.
    it's the same old same old os. comparing it to childrens toys is going to far. it's more like a grandpas toy.
    03-23-10 09:55 PM
    RIM is losing market share as you typed this. RIM is desperate to jump on the consumer bandwagon and is not having any real success doing so. Within 2 years RIM will be at the bottom of the market share totem pole. Both iPhone and Android are gobbling up the several years of lead RIM had and squandered.
    Thankyou!!! It's about time we got someone intellegent in this thread. guys you don't realize that you are a sinking ship and we are the prophets here to warn you. get it? We see that this company is struggling and not going anywhere.
    03-23-10 09:57 PM
    I am sorry but the android is very generic. Its just a copy of the iphone. Rim and its blackberry are for mature people that need a great cellphone and instant email service. When I mess with the iphone or any android its great but I really dont walk around scanning bar codes, wondering what direction I am heading, or how much is a 15% tip. If that what you want then great but you can do that with an ipod touch or ipad and not have the monthly payment. Blackberry is different its alternate its just really that good of a phone.
    03-23-10 10:09 PM
    I am sorry but the android is very generic. Its just a copy of the iphone. Rim and its blackberry are for mature people that need a great cellphone and instant email service. When I mess with the iphone or any android its great but I really dont walk around scanning bar codes, wondering what direction I am heading, or how much is a 15% tip. If that what you want then great but you can do that with an ipod touch or ipad and not have the monthly payment. Blackberry is different its alternate its just really that good of a phone.
    Android is very different from the Iphone. One has restrictions one doesn't. One has flash one doesn't. One has multitasking one doesn't. Do a simple Google search.
    Now tell me this if BlackBerry's email is so great why can't I see my sent items on my BlackBerry and why do half the attachments that I receive never end up reaching my phone?
    03-23-10 10:16 PM
    It's not what i want my BlackBerry to do. It's what BlackBerry should have already been doing. It's the standard. It's what every single other platform other than BLackBerry has already obtained. So your saying bB is too good and high and mighty that they don't need to keep up to pace with technology? With that type of thinking it's no wonder the human race hasn't evolved further yet. What the heck are we going to do with a Bold 9700 50 years from now? Same old 3.2 megapixel camera, same old bb os.
    If RIM/BB take the plunge (and that's what it will be) then they will simply become another phone. People are loosing intrest in the iPhone (I know I am) and going other directions. If owned my BB, and wanted to use it for a business or my business, there would be no reason to look elsewhere. If RIM was in such a need to jump on the consumer cool phone roller coaster, let's face it, they would have done this long ago.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 10:18 PM
    your lieng through your teeth right now. Be honest you just only have that blackberry for bbm....
    Don't have it can't

03-23-10 10:19 PM
    Don't have it can't

hm, well you seem like a reasonable human being.
    03-23-10 10:23 PM
    And............................................... ......

Have you actually used an Android phone, like the Hero? Android 2.1 is a sluggish, battery hogging bear.
    I have a Hero, its perfectly fine to me.

And............................................... ......

what i dont undertand though is why they cant give us the basics like a nice browser!
    03-23-10 10:24 PM
    what i dont undertand though is why they cant give us the basics like a nice browser!
    It sucks I know. Nothing like surfing the web on the iPhone.

03-23-10 10:26 PM
    Simple question-if you like your device, why are you on the CB help forums?
    simple reply-because Im GIVING help

you didnt answer my question, I think you really like your berry and the attention youre getting with this flame-bait thread
    03-23-10 10:27 PM
    I have the most boring Storm 2 than anyone. Heck, they even deleted the stock games off it when I got it.

03-23-10 10:28 PM
    Falling behind compared to what/who...all the tweeners that want an iphone and 150,000 apps, 20 of which are useful, but the others add to their app count.
    Teens, are purchasing Blackberries now, its crazy.
    03-23-10 10:29 PM
    simple reply-because Im GIVING help

you didnt answer my question, I think you really like your berry and the attention youre getting with this flame-bait thread
    I never said I didn't like my berry. In fact I stated before that I like my storm 2 because it is so much better than my stupid storm 1 i finally got rid of. However, that doesn't mean that RIM is not falling behind, and not showing enough improvement. It doesnt mean that Android is passing rim up in user experience with flying colors yet rim remains stale and stagnant, tyring to perfect their slow bbm.....
    03-23-10 10:35 PM
    Teens, are purchasing Blackberries now, its crazy.
    It's not crazy. RIM knows teenagers are purchasing BlackBerrys why else would they make the commercials they make and advertise with U2?
    03-23-10 10:35 PM
    I never said I didn't like my berry. In fact I stated before that I like my storm 2 because it is so much better than my stupid storm 1 i finally got rid of. However, that doesn't mean that RIM is not falling behind, and not showing enough improvement. It doesnt mean that Android is passing rim up in user experience with flying colors yet rim remains stale and stagnant, tyring to perfect their slow bbm.....
    rim sucks. It's like, I can go to chilis and Hate their food, but for some reason only like one dish out of all that gross food. get it?
    03-23-10 10:37 PM
    good point. point well taken
    03-23-10 10:37 PM
    It's not crazy. RIM knows teenagers are purchasing BlackBerrys why else would they make the commercials they make and advertise with U2?
    Now that you said it, it makes sense.
    But I never see any BB commercials anymore, nor have I seen any with U2, I have just seen the Love ones.
    03-23-10 10:39 PM
    teens want to feel like a cool adult so they are buying bb when they know nothing about how to even use one. they need to just stick with android and iphone for the games and stuff. on the other hand it is boring and restrained so would keep good restraint of a young teen because they cant do anything on their phone reallly so parents dont have to worry much. and push messages. "get your but home right now!" and they instantly get it.
    03-23-10 10:42 PM
99 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD