lol, an OS that isn't even finalized, and you make this assumption?

/troll
    obviously you didn't seem the video demonstration of the phone running windows 7 series. the software is always years better than iphone, android, or blackbery.
    03-23-10 08:40 PM
    so you guys think RIM is falling behind, but yet RIM's sales are dominating the top 10 phones being sold, with the Curve still the number 1 phone in the entire world.

RIM has nothing to be worried about
    wow you could be labeled pathetic. obviously the rim os is light years behind the iphone or the android. obviously iphone and android are doing nothing but improving while rim is doing nothing but fixing.
    03-23-10 08:41 PM
    Smokin' that good stuff aren't we??
    if i am you must be too since you can tell. but then again i don't do crack so i'll leave that to you. crack is whack.
    03-23-10 08:45 PM
    Palm is doing very badly and is in no position to be overtaking anything when they can barely keep themselves afloat. Palm’s woes mount as its stock is devalued to $0 and unsold inventory estimates balloon � Boy Genius Report
    03-23-10 08:45 PM
    Palm is doing very badly and is in no position to be overtaking anything when they can barely keep themselves afloat. Palm�s woes mount as its stock is devalued to $0 and unsold inventory estimates balloon � Boy Genius Report
    thank for the heads up! i heard rim is losing market share!
    03-23-10 08:46 PM
    Nothing like blatant trolls that have nothing better to do...
    03-23-10 08:52 PM
    nothing like blind bb followers who have nothing better to do than to defend their phone.
    03-23-10 08:54 PM
    if i am you must be too since you can tell. but then again i don't do crack so i'll leave that to you. crack is whack.
    Of Course!! Inhaling parts of NYC is like smokin (love my city though).

Seriously, I believe RIM will be alright despite the setbacks and will be stronger in the process.

RIM will be around for a good while.
    Last edited by sgtmilstack; 03-23-10 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Punctuation and reword
    03-23-10 08:54 PM
    no matter what RIM is the base of the smartphones world if the base is shaken just think what will happen....!!!!!!!! RIM is unbeatable.
    03-23-10 08:55 PM
    i heard rim is losing market share!
    We hear a lot of things around here.
    03-23-10 08:55 PM
    look. I'm not trying to start any trouble here but no one has given me a reason why your so loyal to a company that isn't showing any sign that they will improve.
    03-23-10 09:00 PM
    There is no way anyone could say RIM is in "trouble", but i see the point the OP is making. BB's dont seem too "cool" anymore because of all these new gadgets out. But like most others said, BB's are more for buisness, messaging, email etc. People will not buy an iPhone if they want a blackberry, just two completely different phones.

Sometimes i do get a little agitated due to the wait of certain RIM things. Like another poster said, not much has changed since the higher end Bolds besides OS's, which i think is somewhat true, but then again, the whole point of having a BB is having what BB has stayed true to. Cant make too many changes if people like the way it is...
    03-23-10 09:02 PM
    no. because that's like saying don't change presidents because people liked bush.
    03-23-10 09:04 PM
    As a longtime loyal BB user, I am sick and tired of people saying other devices are toys, and BB are for real business.

Our company is no longer running BB, matter of fact our whole building is now switched over to Window. I estimate that's over a $100k loss.

I love my BB and I am one of the few left in the company who has decided to keep this device, but the more I have been testing other win and android devices, I cant see how the BB is superior anymore.
    Almost every new win phone did the the same task as the BB or better with better user interface.

I am sorry to say I a will be finally abandoning the BB ship this week when the HTC HD2 comes out. This will be a free phone paid by my company and it blows away any BB I have ever owned.

i will miss the BB community, especially the crackberry crowd, but it's time for me to move into the 21st century, see you later Rim, we may meet again someday.

Good luck to all you BB and Crackberry fans.
    03-23-10 09:10 PM
    There is no way anyone could say RIM is in "trouble", but i see the point the OP is making. BB's dont seem too "cool" anymore because of all these new gadgets out. But like most others said, BB's are more for buisness, messaging, email etc. People will not buy an iPhone if they want a blackberry, just two completely different phones.

Sometimes i do get a little agitated due to the wait of certain RIM things. Like another poster said, not much has changed since the higher end Bolds besides OS's, which i think is somewhat true, but then again, the whole point of having a BB is having what BB has stayed true to. Cant make too many changes if people like the way it is...
    That's true but they can't even fix the basic stuff like having a way to kill an app. I hate it when I have to do a battery pull and wait 4 minutes for my phone to power on. Now the power on time 4 minutes is pretty ridiculous and lastly the memory leak on some OSs is absolutely insane. A battery pull a day just so my phone can stay on is not normal and that's with an official OS. All those things are basic and not considered cool they are things every smart phone should do. If RIM can't even fix old basic problems how are they going to become cool again and compete with other smartphones?
    03-23-10 09:11 PM
    Falling behind compared to what/who...all the tweeners that want an iphone and 150,000 apps, 20 of which are useful, but the others add to their app count. You're comparing muti media toys to a business machine. Sure, you can have fun on your bb, but it was created for the business world. That's where it dominates and will continue to do so. If you want an iphone or a droid, go get one. They are both fine devices, but bb will not be going away, nor will they be creating an a device that caters to 12 year olds.
    This is the perfect answer. RIM doesn't need to do what all these "must have devices" do. Like I said, if this was what you crave/want, you don't need a BlackBerry, plain and simple. RIM is doing just fine with their targeted market and at the present time doesn't need another market. I got an iPhone for the simple reason is that really can't have any "fun" things on my work BB. I goof off with the iToy, but being a smart phone users since the first models, I would never use it as a business device. I probably will not renew my contract with AT&T. I will move on with something else for a personal device and goof off with that one as well.

I work for a global company that was a former Palm company for years. Right now, corporate will stay with BB for a long while.
    03-23-10 09:17 PM
    As a longtime loyal BB user, I am sick and tired of people saying other devices are toys, and BB are for real business.

Our company is no longer running BB, matter of fact our whole building is now switched over to Window. I estimate that's over a $100k loss.

I love my BB and I am one of the few left in the company who has decided to keep this device, but the more I have been testing other win and android devices, I cant see how the BB is superior anymore.
    Almost every new win phone did the the same task as the BB or better with better user interface.

I am sorry to say I a will be finally abandoning the BB ship this week when the HTC HD2 comes out. This will be a free phone paid by my company and it blows away any BB I have ever owned.

i will miss the BB community, especially the crackberry crowd, but it's time for me to move into the 21st century, see you later Rim, we may meet again someday.

Good luck to all you BB and Crackberry fans.
    Goodluck with WinMo brother! I had it for 2 years and it was an absolute pile of stool.
    03-23-10 09:18 PM
    look. I'm not trying to start any trouble here but no one has given me a reason why your so loyal to a company that isn't showing any sign that they will improve.
    Again, without comparing them to other companies, what is it that you want your BlackBerry to do? What if they don't want to "improve" as you say? You think this will be their down fall? Are you kidding?
    03-23-10 09:22 PM
    I'd say it depends on what platform works for that person. Questions they may ask themselves:

*What functions and features do I desire or require most?

*Which platform is more comfortable for me to use?

*Is the device compatible with my life style?

For me, I came from a Moto Q (basura) and chose to dive into the world of BB because I was drawn to the uniqueness of the device, that being the Storm.

Now, I stay with BB because I have grown accustomed to the straight forward way of getting tasks done, accessing different programs quickly, operating multiple programs at once, effectively, and so on.

As for not seeing improvements, I feel that it will be done at a moderate pace. RIM doesn't want to alienate their consumer base by flipping things 180 degrees.
    03-23-10 09:24 PM
    Nothing like blatant trolls that have nothing better to do...
    Amen... specially some who just joined and is trolling around...
    03-23-10 09:29 PM
    Falling behind compared to what/who...all the tweeners that want an iphone and 150,000 apps, 20 of which are useful, but the others add to their app count. You're comparing muti media toys to a business machine. Sure, you can have fun on your bb, but it was created for the business world. That's where it dominates and will continue to do so. If you want an iphone or a droid, go get one. They are both fine devices, but bb will not be going away, nor will they be creating an a device that caters to 12 year olds.
    Thread should have been closed after this post.

Seriously, some people really should know what they talking about before they speak... Nah... much more fun this way. lol

Signed,

BB, Iphone and Droid owner.
    03-23-10 09:30 PM
    That's true but they can't even fix the basic stuff like having a way to kill an app. I hate it when I have to do a battery pull and wait 4 minutes for my phone to power on. Now the power on time 4 minutes is pretty ridiculous and lastly the memory leak on some OSs is absolutely insane. A battery pull a day just so my phone can stay on is not normal and that's with an official OS. All those things are basic and not considered cool they are things every smart phone should do. If RIM can't even fix old basic problems how are they going to become cool again and compete with other smartphones?
    i dont have the memory leak issue on my storm 2 however i know a lot of blackberrys do including the storm 1. android and the hd2 are going to be awesome, and while bb might have a couple desired things, android really surpassing thing hardcore on the user interface.
    03-23-10 09:33 PM
    RIM doesn't want to alienate their consumer base by flipping things 180 degrees.
    Exactly, and I feel they would if they did.

I had someone ask me would I want my Berry to do what my iPhone does. The answer is no. I would never get any work done!
    03-23-10 09:36 PM
    Exactly, and I feel they would if they did.

I had someone ask me would I want my Berry to do what my iPhone does. The answer is no. I would never get any work done!
    your lieng through your teeth right now. Be honest you just only have that blackberry for bbm....
    03-23-10 09:41 PM
    The Blackberry smartphone is still a business oriented device and its primary market is the business user. Yes, it is nice to have the pretty stuff like the iPhone and Android phone, but a great deal of people would rather have the tried and true. Email & messaging is RIM's bread & butter. Not games, music, photos & a pretty user interface. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking other platforms. I'm stating that RIM's strength and core market is still the business/corporate person. If the demand to change does not exist from his target market then why risk it? They are making devices more alluring to non-business users but maintains it's ease of use. Any veteran Blackberry user can pick up any other the many blackberry smartphones and immediately use it. That in itself says a lot.
    Ya it says the haven't changed :P
    The BlackBerry device is still business orientated but RIM now has a good chunk of the consumer market now days and they should use it for their benefit and keep the consumers with BlackBerry not just wait for them to move on and then do something. What you said about email isn't entirely true. BIS users can't even sync send messages from the computer to their phone and they can't receive attachments on their phones bigger then a few mb.

Also to the comment about BlackBerrys for 12 year olds BlackBerry is now reaching into the hands of 12 year old and some 12 year olds do own them. I got my first BlackBerry for my 14th birthday.
    03-23-10 09:42 PM
99 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD