10-14-11 09:50 PM
34 12
tools
    How would you justify RIM being the, or even a catalyst in the existence of the iPhone?
    because it was the first to market with a smartphone, where have you been?
    A better catalyst may have been the movie Johnny Mnemonic where Keanu Reeves uses a futuristic eye-phone to access the internet. It just took Apple longer, probably had to decide whether or not to use gogles
    10-14-11 07:11 AM
    Actually IBM had the first smartphone with the Simon, followed by Nokia and Palm later. RIM may have shot it forward due to push email but did not invent the concept. Learn your history if you are going to act smug.

I find it funny as everyone makes themselves feel better at recent failings by pointing fingers at Apple, the number one rated for customer satisfaction. But of course you will counter with how all Apple users are morons. Good luck turning this type of stuff into success. I wonder if RIM management hides behind the same?
    10-14-11 07:26 AM
    it had nothing to do with verizon per se.. but everything to do with CDMA

CDMA is a more modern and robust coding scheme and has better signal quality for less signal strength than TDMA.. so holding the phone *wrong* will have less effect.

The Verizon iPhone 4 didn't seem to have any dropped call difficulties, without any real design change. Not surprisingly, when the network improves, so does the phone's reliability.
    10-14-11 08:15 AM
    because it was the first to market with a smartphone, where have you been?
    A better catalyst may have been the movie Johnny Mnemonic where Keanu Reeves uses a futuristic eye-phone to access the internet. It just took Apple longer, probably had to decide whether or not to use gogles
    Just because Apple entered the same market doesn't mean RIM gets credit for that, everything about the iPhone was different than BlackBerry. I'd say if you were right about RIM being the reason Apple iPhone is around, then Apple wouldn't have dominated RIM the way they did/are; Apple would simply be another player in the smartphone market instead of the frontrunner.
    10-14-11 02:29 PM
    The duality of it all confuses me.

The iPhone sucks, and is a toy.
    The iPhone copies Blackberry.

Alrighty...
    10-14-11 02:40 PM
    That's tru.. All phone have their problems but what can u do just try to resolve the problem and stop comparing iphone and blackberry.. Their 2 totally different devices with different company which both have their good and bad features

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-11 02:48 PM
    The duality of it all confuses me.

The iPhone sucks, and is a toy.
    The iPhone copies Blackberry.

Alrighty...
    You didn't have to state that it confuses you, your following comment shows your confusion just fine.
    10-14-11 07:20 PM
    You didn't have to state that it confuses you, your following comment shows your confusion just fine.
    LOL... that one went over your head, I think. Read it again.

I need a sarcasm button so that all folks can tell when I am being facetious. I wasn't attacking your platform. Quite the opposite.

LOL. Wow.
    10-14-11 09:48 PM
    That's tru.. All phone have their problems but what can u do just try to resolve the problem and stop comparing iphone and blackberry.. Their 2 totally different devices with different company which both have their good and bad features

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I think this is a level-headed statement.
    10-14-11 09:50 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD