lets be real here, BB10 pushed to Q1 of 2013? like common! As much as I want them to make a comeback, I just can't see it happening from a consumer perspective. Sigh, nuff said. time to go back to android

06-28-12 04:31 PM
    Being an optimist and loving the BBM platform....even if have to "stick a fork in this turkey as it is done".... Will keep my BB till my contract is up and see how the land lies... Too bad... Such great possibilities probably wasted...
    06-28-12 04:44 PM
    TW*T! TW*T! TW*T! TW*T! TW*T! TW*T! TW*T! TW*T! TW*T! TW*T! TW*T! TW*T! TW*T! TW*T! TW*T! TW*T! .....

If you want to "go back to Android", just GO!!! We don't want or need your TROLLING !!!!!

Si.
    06-28-12 04:52 PM
    I am losing faith in Rim. I was going to get BB10 phone this fall. Now that it is being pushed back, I decided to go Windows Phone 8. So Rim lost out on one sale so far, I am sure many others won't want to wait either.
    06-28-12 04:52 PM
    lets be real here, BB10 pushed to Q1 of 2013? like common! As much as I want them to make a comeback, I just can't see it happening from a consumer perspective. Sigh, nuff said. time to go back to android

Here is where weird fanatics and cranks will tell you "have fun going back to android", "its better to delay and release a complete device", "nobody will miss you", "playbook still better than anything else because it has qnx", "enjoy having no keyboard" and they will stand by it.

For the sake of forum peace and no flame wars and prevent more stupidity being thrown on the forums with misinformation about every platform, like many here like to talk rumors they heard from "friends" without them personally even using any other device for more than 2 months, refrain from posting to which platform you are going and that you are changing, just do it or dont do it, the same 20 here do not care and will just stir more things up from your frustration. People will just flame you on for criticizing their company and try to cover up with excuses.

If you didn't expect BB10 to be delayed having known RIM's past record, then its your own fault.

You already have a 9900 and a playbook, if you chose these two i dont think you have a need for android unless you need more control of the device and well, specific applications or a larger screen. Other than that, the personal information management on the big three (apple, android, blackberry) is pretty much the same thing.
    06-28-12 04:54 PM
    Some people can't be real. For them it's always glass 1/10th full.
    06-28-12 04:55 PM
    I agree with all posts in this thread but I will wait til the end and be the last BlackBerry user on the planet for no other reason than I still like my Bold 9930.
    06-28-12 04:55 PM
    If you have found a device that suits your needs, then there shouldn't be any issues.

Android OS doesn't look like my sort of thing. I'd sooner take a 9810 than a S3
    06-28-12 04:58 PM
    My 9550 won't endure so long a wait x.x
    Will get a 9850 just to play with OS7 a bit while BB10 is released
    00stryder likes this.
    06-28-12 04:59 PM
    TW*T! TW*T! TW*T! TW*T! TW*T! TW*T! TW*T! TW*T! TW*T! TW*T! TW*T! TW*T! TW*T! TW*T! TW*T! TW*T! .....

If you want to "go back to Android", just GO!!! We don't want or need your TROLLING !!!!!

Si.

hahahaha!!! me troll? hahaha!

06-28-12 05:00 PM
    it isn't dead to me, or my family.

Read the words below this.
    Last edited by daveycrocket; 06-28-12 at 05:04 PM.
    06-28-12 05:01 PM

Si.
    Was this really necessary. You do know not everyone that does not share your opinion
    or views is a "troll" Grow up already!
    06-28-12 05:04 PM
    It may be that talks are progressing for a buyer, and RIM is forced to postpone launch of new software and hardware until the new owner has its name and marketing capabilities in place. Or, if they have a new partner just around the corner, the partner will want a piece of the new action, instead of just inheriting the old BlackBerry stuff.

Having said that, I will stay with BlackBerry until their phones no longer function.
    06-28-12 05:05 PM
    I agree with all posts in this thread but I will wait til the end and be the last BlackBerry user on the planet for no other reason than I still like my Bold 9930.
    +1 - except I still like my Storm 9530.

Seriously, I don't understand the sense of urgency here. I mean, if RIM makes it through all of this until the time BB10 is released, fine. If not, well, that, as they say, would be that.

Point is, one way or the other, this thing is going to resolve on its own......no user intervention required. The "RIM is in deep [stuff] so I need to ditch my BB and move onto another platform NOW!" mindset somehow eludes my comprehension. They're not dead yet. What's the rush?
    06-28-12 05:11 PM
    Disappointing news indeed. If this the end, I'll probably go WP. Realistically though, it will really take a miracle now for RIM to make a comeback.
    mud314 likes this.
    06-28-12 05:11 PM
    Love my 9790 and my playbook. I had high hopes for bb10 and I'm still pulling for them but I really really have my doubts and fear this was their last chance. its a sad day indeed.
    I just hate that people have to come and gloat like they've been doing for months. Not necessarily in this thread but I've seen it in others already. :s
    Anyway its too bad. I'm glad my 9790 still works though. should last me a while, while I research other platforms for when this phone kicks it.
    06-28-12 05:15 PM
    Was this really necessary. You do know not everyone that does not share your opinion
    or views is a "troll" Grow up already!
    Thanks for that, and YES, I'm quite aware that not everybody share my opinion, and I don't need YOUR opinion about "growing up", but thanks for giving me your opinion anyway.
    What I do know is that a thread titled: "RIM is Dead... for real this time" can hardly be seen as a well measured, unbiased thread. Especially when you take into account the first message!

But like I said, thanks for your opinion

Si.
    06-28-12 05:15 PM
    Here is where weird fanatics and cranks will tell you "have fun going back to android", "its better to delay and release a complete device", "nobody will miss you", "playbook still better than anything else because it has qnx", "enjoy having no keyboard" and they will stand by it.

For the sake of forum peace and no flame wars and prevent more stupidity being thrown on the forums with misinformation about every platform, like many here like to talk rumors they heard from "friends" without them personally even using any other device for more than 2 months, refrain from posting to which platform you are going and that you are changing, just do it or dont do it, the same 20 here do not care and will just stir more things up from your frustration. People will just flame you on for criticizing their company and try to cover up with excuses.

If you didn't expect BB10 to be delayed having known RIM's past record, then its your own fault.

You already have a 9900 and a playbook, if you chose these two i dont think you have a need for android unless you need more control of the device and well, specific applications or a larger screen. Other than that, the personal information management on the big three (apple, android, blackberry) is pretty much the same thing.

I have to agree with you on this, since the "troll" word is easily thrown to people who expresses their feelings around here, its my bad to mention a different platform.

06-28-12 05:17 PM
    I was just watching fast money on cnbc and they are saying RIM is a dead franchise, there is discounting of phones internationally which means their international business is being eaten up by android. Many investors now wonder if bb 10 is even real or is just a stall.
    Last edited by JTATL; 06-28-12 at 05:21 PM.
    andy957 likes this.
    06-28-12 05:19 PM
    +1 - except I still like my Storm 9530.

Seriously, I don't understand the sense of urgency here. I mean, if RIM makes it through all of this until the time BB10 is released, fine. If not, well, that, as they say, would be that.

Point is, one way or the other, this thing is going to resolve on its own......no user intervention required. The "RIM is in deep [stuff] so I need to ditch my BB and move onto another platform NOW!" mindset somehow eludes my comprehension. They're not dead yet. What's the rush?
    What's the RUSH? You do realize that RIM is a business, right? They are in it to make money. This year they have not pushed out any new products, how can anyone with any common sense seriously believe that this is OK for them to not launch any products?

If you are interested in a job that holds your idiotic mentality go work for RIM they don't like working either and pushing out a new product is obviously too much for them to handle.
    06-28-12 05:21 PM
    Thanks for that, and YES, I'm quite aware that not everybody share my opinion, and I don't need YOUR opinion about "growing up", but thanks for giving me your opinion anyway.

What I do know is that a thread titled: "RIM is Dead... for real this time" can hardly be seen as a well measured, unbiased thread. Especially when you take into account the first message!

But like I said, thanks for your opinion

Si.

why so angry? calm down haha! it's just a phone, you sir is a work of art

06-28-12 05:23 PM
    Long term RIM share holders have lost 97% of their stock value from the high . Yes there is urgency on the board. They have enough cash to last 2 years at current burn but stocks and cash aren't allowed to go to zero by responsible boards.
    06-28-12 05:24 PM
    I am unsure what to think of the news about delay of BB10. I can wait.. However they better keep releasing new OS 7 upgrade thru the carriers. I have VZW and I am just sick of well RIM has not pushed it out yet. Just a rant. My 9930 is a great phone so I can wait for BB10 I hope they don't just sit back and do nothing with the already launched devices.
    06-28-12 05:29 PM
    RIM has said they will aggressively push os 7 sales through rest of e year
    Last edited by JTATL; 06-28-12 at 05:36 PM.
    06-28-12 05:32 PM
    While I am not sure this completely kills off RIM, it once again hurts its image with the new CEO Heins pulling the same stuff the two former co-CEO's were pulling with delays and missed deadlines.

As for those waiting for BB10, well I didn't wait, my contract was up last month and I picked up a Bold 9900 running BB7. The fact that there will be no BB10 device in 2012 doesn't mean my Bold 9900 sux, it just means that others that are due for a subsidized contract upgrade should not foolishly wait on vaporware.

Your contract is up, you want a new phone? Why wait until the end of 2012? Get one now, no matter what is and how it suits your needs. I chose the Bold 9900 before this announcement and I am glad I did.

This should hurt RIM's stock in the morning, but unless you are a shareholder, it doesn't matter. If you want to swap platforms off of the vaporware not materializing, do as you choose, but I am not that surprised by this...
    06-28-12 05:32 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD