[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fefgbrWUf04[/YT]

(the kinda gives it away)
    Smilies don't give anything away. Especially when said user has made several Apple bashing remarks in his/her posts.
    11-22-11 07:43 PM
    Smilies don't give anything away. Especially when said user has made several Apple bashing remarks in his/her posts.
    Ok, I'll give ya that.

Folks need to start being a little more respectful of other folks around here, regardless of what brand of phone, soft drink, grass seed, pizza, beer, cars, nail polish, cotton swabs, canned vegetables or power tools they all happen to prefer. That especially goes for the BB zealots who feel the need to disparage other brands and their users. You're not doing yourselves or the rest of us any good. Seriously.
    11-22-11 07:53 PM
    Your very right Op. I agree with everything you said except the initial statement about the Playbook. I do agree with the naysayers in that aspect. The Playbook release was very similar to the Storm 1 release to me personally.
    11-22-11 08:00 PM
    You forgot Cr-Apple and Cr-App Store

It is my BB opinion that in a BB thread we should be able to say such wonderful things

It's thought-"provoking"...
    It's not thought-provoking. It's trolling. Period. You add no value when you behave like that.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk
    11-22-11 08:03 PM
    Well what does typically happen in this BB forum...someone says something good about BB or RIM and then we eventually get iPhone and Android posters popping into the thread with basically negative comments or ridiculous comparisons.

I personally could care less about the iPhone point of view in this BB forum. I am shocked as to why so many of you show-up in our threads I don't have the slightest desire to go into an iPhone forum and start comparing BB phones with iPhones

Your input about how good your phones are has no value to me at all. If you want to compare your phone to BB phones there are specific threads for that - Ex. there is a thread called "All those switching from a BlackBerry to another device..." , go to threads like this, stop popping-up in every BB thread just because you can

I realize some people have a BB + other device and feel they can add to a thread but even here there is a proper way to talk about BB and RIM, it's not that difficult to see when someone is just spewing venom
    danimalchil and AZ87 like this.
    11-22-11 08:59 PM
    I've realized something this morning. Every morning, I like to start my day with some Rim news and hitting the forum. over the course of the last few months I noticed a trend that seems to be getting worse. No matter what Rim does, they are always in the wrong.

I'd like to start at the launch of the PB where it all seemed to go down hill. Everyone complained the PB was half baked and Rim should have made sure it was fully functional and had all the features before launching. Then they complained the product line was aging and that no new phones were being produced. Also that BB6 was crap and we had no apps nor app dev support.

So a few months ago, Rim start releasing a bunch of new phones. 9900, 9810, 9860. Apparently not good enought.

They put os7 on it. People complained that it wasn't QNX

They bring a bunch of tools for devs to produce new apps for bbx and took away a bunch of red tape for app world. People complained that they should be running android and that no one would want to write for BBX because there isn't enough PBs out there to justify it and as a result BBX won't be worth while

People complained the PB was overpriced for what it had. They drop the price to 199$ to get it in peoples hands and then people complain it's too cheap and they killing the value.

They got Saunders trying to get Dev support, no one cares.

They looking to release 2.0 in February to make sure it's fully baked and people are angry that it's taking too long.

I don't think they will ever satisfy anyone.
    Their problem is satisfying people in a timely fashion. Your son wants a toy, you buy it for him a month later, then he complains that his friend has a newer better toy that does more. A month later you get him the new toy, but his friend already got another new toy that does so much more.

Same logic goes for smartphones. RIM is trying to catch up with it's competitors and they keep jumping ahead. People aren't going to be satisfied unless RIM can jump ahead.
    11-22-11 10:39 PM
    I agree with anthogag.

I don't know who in their right mind is suprised if there is backlash from talking about how great other platforms are or from anti-rim comments. Image a canucks fan going to into a leafs fan's forum saying how great the canucks are and how bad the leafs are. If I did that I would expect some pretty harsh negativity to come my way. I don't think the excuse 'but I used to be a leafs fan' or 'I have friends here' or 'but look at my post count' matters. I'd use common sense and move on.

What it comes down to is that this is a BlackBerry FAN site, and fans are always going to support their team. You can come here and be negative or support the other team, but be ready for the backlash.
    danimalchil likes this.
    11-22-11 10:41 PM
    Their problem is satisfying people in a timely fashion. Your son wants a toy, you buy it for him a month later, then he complains that his friend has a newer better toy that does more. A month later you get him the new toy, but his friend already got another new toy that does so much more.

Same logic goes for smartphones. RIM is trying to catch up with it's competitors and they keep jumping ahead. People aren't going to be satisfied unless RIM can jump ahead.
    So explain how the other companies are ahead. Your analogy only applies if you do that first. Millions of consumers would disagree. Also, are you constantly buying your son the new android phone? or whatever toy he wants whenever he wants it?
    11-22-11 10:54 PM
    They are "ahead" in market share. But in the Android world the only guaranteed winner is Google. The handset makers are in a heated battle for supremacy. If your name isn't Samsung or HTC, your life is no more fun than RIM's.
    11-22-11 11:03 PM
    So explain how the other companies are ahead. Your analogy only applies if you do that first. Millions of consumers would disagree. Also, are you constantly buying your son the new android phone? or whatever toy he wants whenever he wants it?
    I don't mean to offend, but it's hard to not see how other companies are ahead. While Apple is making iCloud and Siri, Google is making Android 4.0 with face recognition and a plethora of new features and RIM is still trying after 6 months to put email on the PlayBook. Millions of consumers would agree.

My analogy was referring to the public viewpoint of BlackBerries. They're always late to the party. By the time that the BlackBerry gets a feature, the other platforms are already a step ahead. Don't get me wrong, BBX looks promising, but if it isn't released before iOS 8 and Android 7.0 then it's not going to help the situation.
    11-22-11 11:10 PM
    I don't mean to offend, but it's hard to not see how other companies are ahead. While Apple is making iCloud and Siri, Google is making Android 4.0 with face recognition and a plethora of new features and RIM is still trying after 6 months to put email on the PlayBook. Millions of consumers would agree.

My analogy was referring to the public viewpoint of BlackBerries. They're always late to the party. By the time that the BlackBerry gets a feature, the other platforms are already a step ahead. Don't get me wrong, BBX looks promising, but if it isn't released before iOS 8 and Android 7.0 then it's not going to help the situation.
    No offence at all. Billions of consumers don't care about Siri or face recognition, me included. I've used Siri on a friends phone once, that was enough. So its okay to talk about what android will have but if it was RIM it's not? Seems like a double standard, but not surprising.

I agree with you on the publics general viewpoint but that can change quickly, happened in less than a year in North America regarding blackberry.

I disagree with comparing iOS, Android and QNX. To me there is no comparison. The speed at which RIM has been developing their version of QNX is astounding. Ceiling is definitely a lot higher for QNX than the other two.
    11-22-11 11:29 PM
    This thread is heading down that oh so familiar course.

The Blackberry Fans feel other platforms shouldn't be here pointing out negatives about there device. And iPhone and android fans feel Blackberry fans can't take criticism. Both have valid arguments. The fighting will never stop the mods clean up the nonsense it's there job to try and keep a healthy debate mature debate. Everyone just needs to get over themselves. Accept who is here in the forums, and what they have to contribute. As long as it isn't childish trolling and unhelpful name calling I don't see the problem with debating platforms.
    Clinto likes this.
    11-22-11 11:30 PM
    They are "ahead" in market share. But in the Android world the only guaranteed winner is Google. The handset makers are in a heated battle for supremacy. If your name isn't Samsung or HTC, your life is no more fun than RIM's.
    The real winner is Microsoft since they are the ones making all the money from licenses. I wonder how well Google does with it's mobile advertising business. I also wonder how the numbers compare between the two.
    11-22-11 11:33 PM
    I don't want to offend you tmelon but this is a perfect example of an non-BB user giving me info I have no use for. You're telling us other companies are ahead, why waste your time in a BB fan site with this kind of non-information

Face recognition is interesting and I'm sure RIM explored that a long time ago. Their head office is right beside a university. Maybe they have issues with face recognition and security.

You talk about iCloud like Apple invented cloud computing. A lot of people already use things live Evernote and Dropbox etc..I have those apps on my BB phone.

And again, in a BB fan forum you're telling us "they're still trying to put email on the playbook". What do you expect to gain from this statement. It seems like you're trying to put salt on a wound. Go to an iPhone forum and talk about email not being on the playbook. Yes, no one cares, which means you're here to Troll.

Forum moderators should try harder to remove this element from BB forums.
    Last edited by anthogag; 11-22-11 at 11:49 PM.
    AlienSlacker and AZ87 like this.
    11-22-11 11:39 PM
    This thread is heading down that oh so familiar course.

The Blackberry Fans feel other platforms shouldn't be here pointing out negatives about there device. And iPhone and android fans feel Blackberry fans can't take criticism. Both have valid arguments. The fighting will never stop the mods clean up the nonsense it's there job to try and keep a healthy debate mature debate. Everyone just needs to get over themselves. Accept who is here in the forums, and what they have to contribute. As long as it isn't childish trolling and unhelpful name calling I don't see the problem with debating platforms.
    Doesn't seem like any nonsense to me yet. Definitely seems like there's truth the the OPs statement and that there is a double standard.

They should make a Mobile Nations forum for opposing platforms can be debated and leave crackberry for where Blackberry fans can be Blackberry fans.
    lotuslanderz and undone like this.
    11-22-11 11:42 PM
    No offence at all. Billions of consumers don't care about Siri or face recognition, me included. I've used Siri on a friends phone once, that was enough. So its okay to talk about what android will have but if it was RIM it's not? Seems like a double standard, but not surprising.

I agree with you on the publics general viewpoint but that can change quickly, happened in less than a year in North America regarding blackberry.

I disagree with comparing iOS, Android and QNX. To me there is no comparison. The speed at which RIM has been developing their version of QNX is astounding. Ceiling is definitely a lot higher for QNX than the other two.
    "There will never be a BlackBerry with an MP3 player or camera." - Mike

Cloud services, voice recognition and face recognition may seem like a gimmick now, but I'm pretty damn sure that you're going to enjoy it whenever RIM implements it into a future BlackBerry.

And what, might I ask, is astounding about the speed of developing QNX? We haven't even seen it in action on a smartphone and QNX on the PlayBook doesn't look much different than it did last year.
    11-22-11 11:51 PM

You got that part right.
    11-23-11 01:45 AM
    RIM's game plan is all screwed up. They came out with new phones that run OS7 now. Then in mid 2012 they are going to come out with a phone the runs a new QNX system and then they will forget about the OS7 phones and won't update it anymore like they are doing now with the older models. If you look at apple/android even their older phones can update to the new OS updates they make.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-11 03:26 AM
    RIM's game plan is all screwed up. They came out with new phones that run OS7 now. Then in mid 2012 they are going to come out with a phone the runs a new QNX system and then they will forget about the OS7 phones and won't update it anymore like they are doing now with the older models. If you look at apple/android even their older phones can update to the new OS updates they make.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Provided your phone manufacturer still provides support for the "ancient" 1 year old device.
    The problem with Android is that even though Google pushes updates and security fixes, they will only make it to your phones if HTC, Samsung etc feel like supporting a 6 month old device. The bring one phone out every month. They just have no interest in supporting an older generation phone.
    AlienSlacker likes this.
    11-23-11 06:53 AM
    I'm curious if it really matters? I've seen a few post expressing frustration with media or with other users frustrations, and I'm wondering why any of this matters if YOUR satisfied with your BB?

I just feel like the complaints about other peoples complaints only adds to the complaining. Prospective BB users who visit the forum for insight prior to purchasing are then just seeing threads and threads of either complaining or complaining about complaining, and I'm sure that wouldn't make them eager to purchase.
    11-23-11 07:29 AM
    The question is, do people frequent TiPb and crap on everything Apple does? Because they come in here and crap all over every blessed thing RIM does or says and anything anybody else says about them. The truly sad part is, most of that crapping starts with something like 'I'm a long time BB user' or 'I've always been the biggest supporter of RIM' just before the fun begins. I don't think I've seen so much of it on any other forum for any other product or subject. In other words, a lot of the crapping comes from in our own house. Just curious.
    For a lot of people, Apple hasn't done anything to get pissy over. As far as I know, Apple has never had a service outage like RIM has. Siri has quit working a time or two since I've had my iPhone, but my phone was still fully functional. I could text, email, YouTube and goof off on it. I just couldn't tell her I **** my pants and watch her tell me to mind my language. When the RIM fiasco happened, I was left with a glorified Jitterbug. I could only text and make phone calls. When Apple starts having problems like BB is having, rest assured, the masses will be pissed.

Then in mid 2012 they are going to come out with a phone the runs a new QNX system and then they will forget about the OS7 phones and won't update it anymore like they are doing now with the older models. If you look at apple/android even their older phones can update to the new OS updates they make.
    Provided your phone manufacturer still provides support for the "ancient" 1 year old device.
    The problem with Android is that even though Google pushes updates and security fixes, they will only make it to your phones if HTC, Samsung etc feel like supporting a 6 month old device. The bring one phone out every month. They just have no interest in supporting an older generation phone.
    I can't speak for Android as I don't know that many people with one, but Apple still provides support to their phones. My ex has an iPhone3Gs. He was able to update to iOS5 without a problem when it came out. My sister has an iPhone4 as does her husband. They were able to update to iOS5 when it came out.

I have a Storm2. I'm stuck with OS5 until the thing dies. I can't update to anything and there hasn't been an OS update since I got it back in February.

If RIM would make devices that can be updated to the new OS when they come out, that'd wow the masses, myself included. I know that by the time you get technology, six months later it's out of date, but at least with Apple products, you can continually update the iOS every time a new one comes out. With BB, you can't.
    11-23-11 08:37 AM
    I'm curious if it really matters? I've seen a few post expressing frustration with media or with other users frustrations, and I'm wondering why any of this matters if YOUR satisfied with your BB?

I just feel like the complaints about other peoples complaints only adds to the complaining. Prospective BB users who visit the forum for insight prior to purchasing are then just seeing threads and threads of either complaining or complaining about complaining, and I'm sure that wouldn't make them eager to purchase.
    Well for 1- not everyone is ONLY a BB consumer. Some are Rim investors and as such wonder if they are going to be able to turn this thing around or not.

2- you'll notice my original post wasn't so much complaining as it was more asking the question whether or not Rim can ever really satsify ppl.
    11-23-11 08:39 AM
    Well for 1- not everyone is ONLY a BB consumer. Some are Rim investors and as such wonder if they are going to be able to turn this thing around or not.

2- you'll notice my original post wasn't so much complaining as it was more asking the question whether or not Rim can ever really satsify ppl.
    As the song lyrics go, "You can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself..."
    11-23-11 08:49 AM
    For a lot of people, Apple hasn't done anything to get pissy over. As far as I know, Apple has never had a service outage like RIM has. Siri has quit working a time or two since I've had my iPhone, but my phone was still fully functional. I could text, email, YouTube and goof off on it. I just couldn't tell her I **** my pants and watch her tell me to mind my language. When the RIM fiasco happened, I was left with a glorified Jitterbug. I could only text and make phone calls. When Apple starts having problems like BB is having, rest assured, the masses will be pissed.

I can't speak for Android as I don't know that many people with one, but Apple still provides support to their phones. My ex has an iPhone3Gs. He was able to update to iOS5 without a problem when it came out. My sister has an iPhone4 as does her husband. They were able to update to iOS5 when it came out.

I have a Storm2. I'm stuck with OS5 until the thing dies. I can't update to anything and there hasn't been an OS update since I got it back in February.

If RIM would make devices that can be updated to the new OS when they come out, that'd wow the masses, myself included. I know that by the time you get technology, six months later it's out of date, but at least with Apple products, you can continually update the iOS every time a new one comes out. With BB, you can't.
    I'm not OS expert but I'd like to ask a question. Does EVERY company allow old devices to update to new a OS? Would you be able to update say an old mac laptop to completely new mac OS? and if you could, would it make it worth having or would it run slow?

In Rim's case, let's take your storm 1 for example. You think the hardware specs on your storm 1 can handle running os 7? And if it did, would you keep it more than 10 mins when you realized how slow and choppy it was? Rim won't invest time and money making an OS backwards compatible because it just doesn't make that much sense.

The only time I could see it making some sense is if BBX ran on OS7 devices but since BBX will run dual core then it again becomes pointless to rework an OS to make it backwards compatible.

Further, Rim has a bunch of form factors to deal with. I understand you can upgrade the iPhone 3 to OS 5 but really (and I don't say this to p!ss anyone off as I've never owned an iPhone) how different is an iPhone 3 from and iPhone 4 and how different is the iPhone 4 from the iPhone 4s? The form factor is the same, they are all single core. They basically have to make the new os work with 1 other device.
    11-23-11 08:56 AM
    Its the same everywhere.
    The iphone 4S is a battery drain and Apple is scrambling to fix it.
    The Galaxy Nexus has a volume issue and they are scrambling to fix it.
    As for HTC it is slightly worse. They lost a lawsuit and now this:-
    HTC Feels The Smartphone Squeeze, Cuts Revenue Forecast by 23%
    Clinto likes this.
    11-23-11 08:57 AM
259 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD